• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Though maybe it hasn't gone into effect until today?

Prue

Reaction score
I really have no idea what to expect at this point. Maybe I picked the wrong time to finally buy from Inverallan.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really have no idea what to expect at this point. Maybe I picked the wrong time to finally buy from Inverallan.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
I hear you. I have a nice haul of footwear sitting in Japan with no reasonable way to get it to me.

You might also keep an eye out on grailed.

Prue

Reaction score
I hear you. I have a nice haul of footwear sitting in Japan with no reasonable way to get it to me.

You might also keep an eye out on grailed.
Haha you have no idea how many eyes I keep on grailed. Only a few Inverallans circulate, and a couple look to be abandoned listings. I tried to buy a 3A cardigan in wine on grailed a few months back, but the seller looks to have run off some years ago.

There's more on ebay, but nothing that catches my eye.

Regardless, I put my order in last night so I'll learn about the tariffs soon enough.

One knitwear brand that I have had excellent luck with on grailed is Howlin'. They seem to have a lot of turnover on the site for some reason

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, what did you get? From End?

This all reminds me that I need to wear my black indigo cotton 1A a lot this fall.

Prue

Reaction score
Nice, what did you get? From End?

This all reminds me that I need to wear my black indigo cotton 1A a lot this fall.
No, I wish this piece was available on End, as they cover import duties.

I bought it directly from their website (https://www.inverallanknitters.com). I went for the 6A Shawl Cardigan Donegal Tweed Range 2 in Mehroon. It seems that they don't send any of their site products to other retailers, so if you want one of their donegal cardigans you must go through them.

6A-Shawl-Collar-Cardigan-395a-Mehroon-7014.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good looking knit! The merino/cotton blend sounds very appealing. They used to offer a bespoke service direct from their site until SFers ruined it by obsessing over exact dimensions of a chunky hand knit.

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FTR I've ordered from Inverallan as recently as February, with no duties. I still haven't seen any thing to indicate that whatever actions have been taken affect the $800 de minimis value.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Inis Meain fit your tall, slim frame? What don't you like about it? Was thinking to invest, but am of a similar build.
All of the IM knits I’ve had (mostly variations on the Aran knit) have been too short and boxy. The set-in sleeves do weird things at the shoulders, too.

Lol1000

Reaction score
What a beautiful piece. Can you share your experience regarding the wool? I sometimes end up with scratchy crap that looks great. I went for William Lockie recently, but I also find the Inverallan stuff very nice, looks also really comfy. PLMK

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The standard Inverallan wool is fairly itchy. It looks like they have some nicer wools on their site, though.

tallyho

Reaction score
Hello, I just found that Inverallan sizing is something I couldn't understand. Then I have a small question,
which size should I get when it come to 1A? My chest measurement (in body) is 34", 17.5" shoulder and 23.5" sleeve. Any help would be appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads