• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Inverallan

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Though maybe it hasn't gone into effect until today?

Prue

Reaction score
I really have no idea what to expect at this point. Maybe I picked the wrong time to finally buy from Inverallan.

In for a penny, in for a pound.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really have no idea what to expect at this point. Maybe I picked the wrong time to finally buy from Inverallan.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
I hear you. I have a nice haul of footwear sitting in Japan with no reasonable way to get it to me.

You might also keep an eye out on grailed.

Prue

Reaction score
I hear you. I have a nice haul of footwear sitting in Japan with no reasonable way to get it to me.

You might also keep an eye out on grailed.
Haha you have no idea how many eyes I keep on grailed. Only a few Inverallans circulate, and a couple look to be abandoned listings. I tried to buy a 3A cardigan in wine on grailed a few months back, but the seller looks to have run off some years ago.

There's more on ebay, but nothing that catches my eye.

Regardless, I put my order in last night so I'll learn about the tariffs soon enough.

One knitwear brand that I have had excellent luck with on grailed is Howlin'. They seem to have a lot of turnover on the site for some reason

Prue

Reaction score
Nice, what did you get? From End?

This all reminds me that I need to wear my black indigo cotton 1A a lot this fall.
No, I wish this piece was available on End, as they cover import duties.

I bought it directly from their website (https://www.inverallanknitters.com). I went for the 6A Shawl Cardigan Donegal Tweed Range 2 in Mehroon. It seems that they don't send any of their site products to other retailers, so if you want one of their donegal cardigans you must go through them.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good looking knit! The merino/cotton blend sounds very appealing. They used to offer a bespoke service direct from their site until SFers ruined it by obsessing over exact dimensions of a chunky hand knit.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does Inis Meain fit your tall, slim frame? What don't you like about it? Was thinking to invest, but am of a similar build.
All of the IM knits I’ve had (mostly variations on the Aran knit) have been too short and boxy. The set-in sleeves do weird things at the shoulders, too.

Lol1000

Reaction score
What a beautiful piece. Can you share your experience regarding the wool? I sometimes end up with scratchy crap that looks great. I went for William Lockie recently, but I also find the Inverallan stuff very nice, looks also really comfy. PLMK

tallyho

Reaction score
Hello, I just found that Inverallan sizing is something I couldn't understand. Then I have a small question,
which size should I get when it come to 1A? My chest measurement (in body) is 34", 17.5" shoulder and 23.5" sleeve. Any help would be appreciated.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's