• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is why don't some shops order the donegal colors. They're practically made for knits like this. I would love a 6A in that brown donegal toasty got.

Sigh

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’d really love a donegal one. You literally can’t find them anymore, and you’re right that they’re perfect for knits like this

Plus, I really like that they’re traditional cottage knitters. I think that’s pretty dang cool, and I’d much prefer that over a repro from a brand or something. The inis meain ones are nice, but... not quite the same. Guess I’ll have to wait to see if a Nonnative one pops up again

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
I have an 1A in Tillage, size 40/42 that I don't wear very often, would consider reluctantly giving it up for a reasonable price.

I also have two 3A's, one burgundy and one navy, and they are AMAZING, I love them. I wish I had more inverallan. Would like a Donegal 3A, and maybe a plain loden. I have an SEH kelly crew neck which is otherwordly, hence me not wearing my 1A as much.

Feels like no one even stock them other than END right now.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
@g transistor I'll throw up some pics and measurements when I get a chance this weekend. Tillage is mix of brown and green that comes off as green overall. Lighter than Loden. Its a great color overall, but I don't wear it enough (only once this year). I have a 42-43" chest and it fits me well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Shannon is such a sweetheart, she put up with all of my bs. I don't think it would be unreasonable to pay a premium for such a service, but of course there are lots of cheap ***** on this forum and a bespoke garment simply comes with too many headaches for them. I have a very underrated grandma cardigan as well.

Pangolin

Reaction score
This thread reminds me I haven't worn mine in years. Anybody looking for a wine 6A in size 38?

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you look up Inverallan now the link to their site brings you to a page with a list of stockists. When I first saw this I swear my eyes got all sparkly and lit up. I got really excited thinking maybe there would be some cool donegal goodies out there somewhere. Indeed, my hopes were high for a 6A in some nice earthy tone. But no, it was all wishful thinking.

Most of the places did boring End type orders in solid colors, or lots of mittens, scarves, and toques. Go ahead, go through the list, it's kind of a let down how all these places are sleeping on the awesome yarn choices. Anyway. I did come across this place, Allevol. Seems like they do something unique with Inverallan about every Fall. This time around they mostly did stuff in the indigo cottons. There actually were a couple 3As in a blue donegal and red donegal, but they sold out. You can still get some donegal mitts tho. The Allevol stuff is sold at a place called Clutch Cafe:

https://clutch-cafe.com/collections/allevol

If you're unsure of the cotton versions, do it. I bought a black indigo cotton 3A from Inventory a while back and it was my favorite piece of knitwear for Spring. On a chunk level they're almost higher than the wools, but not itchy at all. Ideal to wear when the temps get warmer. Plus it fades out all nice when washed, what with all those crevices and ridges in the knit. They're just cool in a way the wool ones aren't. If they had the denim cotton I would be all over that ****, oh well.

Last edited:

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ yea that's the site I initially went to. I emailed them about a month ago re availability and sizing and they just got back to me today. They said to check the Clutch Cafe site, as I guess that's where all the Allevol stuff is being sold now. Dunno why the site doesn't work for you, I just tried it and it works for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads