• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had a few others, but honestly I didn't bother to look at them couldn't tell you color/size/model. I might be selling my crolly 6A that's a 44. Sounds like you need a 42 tho

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ It does seem like a 42 might work best for Cellini, might look too cropped at that height though.

I have a nee natural 3A in a 40 available if anyone is interested. Will be listed soon but feel free to PM.

Last edited:

CelliniEVO

Reaction score
They had a few others, but honestly I didn't bother to look at them couldn't tell you color/size/model. I might be selling my crolly 6A that's a 44. Sounds like you need a 42 tho
What are your dimensions and how does the 44 fit?

I agree that I'm probably a 42 but really want to order a Navy one at a decent price and seems like the Inventory 44 or someone randomly wanting to sell one are my only options. Will I get hit with custom/duty fees shipping to the US? How easy is it to return something to them?

Thanks for the help guys!

inviscid

Reaction score

Sorry for the sizing question but wondering if the 38 at inventory would fit me:

http://store.inventorymagazine.com/collections/sale/products/cable-knit-lumber-cardigan-navy

I'm 5'9 150 pounds, 38 slim. My actual chest is measurement is a little under 36 inches. I'm a small in Gitman and sns old fit.

Are the measurements accurate on the site? They see smaller then end clothing measurements

Thanks in advance

Most likely no. I wear a 36 suit and (5'10", 150) and the 38 is too small

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm thanks. Was going to pull the trigger but on the fence on my sizing

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are your dimensions and how does the 44 fit?  

I agree that I'm probably a 42 but really want to order a Navy one at a decent price and seems like the Inventory 44 or someone randomly wanting to sell one are my only options.  Will I get hit with custom/duty fees shipping to the US?  How easy is it to return something to them?

Thanks for the help guys! 

6'1" 167lb. 42" chest. The 44 is a relaxed. Maybe I'll put up a fit pic if I get the chance if that helps. I also tend to oversize my knits because my feet are long.

You probably won't see duties to the US. Inventory also has a shop in New York so you may want to give them a ring. Mandon also stocks Inverallan.

Maybe look through the thread to get a sense for how the 6A fits. I suggest sizing up 1 from your normal chest size. Ribkin did a great job of sizing his. Your chest tells me you probably want to go with a 42, just bear in mind as tonio pointed out it may be a little cropped since you're tallish.

Last edited:

CelliniEVO

Reaction score

6'1" 167lb. 42" chest. The 44 is a relaxed. Maybe I'll put up a fit pic if I get the chance if that helps. I also tend to oversize my knits because my feet are long.

You probably won't see duties to the US. Inventory also has a shop in New York so you may want to give them a ring. Mandon also stocks Inverallan.

Maybe look through the thread to get a sense for how the 6A fits. I suggest sizing up 1 from your normal chest size. Ribkin did a great job of sizing his. Your chest tells me you probably want to go with a 42, just bear in mind as tonio pointed out it may be a little cropped since you're tallish.

Thanks for that info man! really appreciate it. Would love to see a fitpic!

dotcomzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no problem happy to help. I'll see if I can get a pic up over the weekend

mojserkis

Reaction score
Sorry for the sizing question but wondering if the 38 at inventory would fit me:

http://store.inventorymagazine.com/collections/sale/products/cable-knit-lumber-cardigan-navy

I'm 5'9 150 pounds, 38 slim. My actual chest is measurement is a little under 36 inches. I'm a small in Gitman and sns old fit.

Are the measurements accurate on the site? They see smaller then end clothing measurements

Thanks in advance

I am 5'8" and 130lbs with a 35" chest. I bought an Inverallan 6A in a 38 and it is a bit too big on me so I think it would fit you well. I dunno about the sizing of the 3A (lumber cardigan). My 6A is for sale in the marketplace if you are interested. Just tried it on once.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, bu thad my heart set on the 3A. I don't have a blue cardi and thought it be a staple peice. Want to pull trigger on it, but the measurements on the site sort of throw me off.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am 5'8" and 130lbs with a 35" chest.  I bought an Inverallan 6A in a 38 and it is a bit too big on me so I think it would fit you well.  I dunno about the sizing of the 3A (lumber cardigan).  My 6A is for sale in the marketplace if you are interested.  Just tried it on once.

I'm about the same size as you and my 3A size 38 fits well. Probably not going to keep it though :/

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, bu thad my heart set on the 3A. I don't have a blue cardi and thought it be a staple peice. Want to pull trigger on it, but the measurements on the site sort of throw me off.

I'd do it if I was you. The price seems about right, if it doesnt work out, you can turn around and put it up on B&S, i bet it'd go quickly considering its a staple color and how rare Inverallan is these days.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ha, too late somebody bought the 38. yeah the price was really good.

pasteurisation

Reaction score
I'm a 38 or a 40 and I was checking the same sweater at Inventory too. Now I feel kinda good because the 38 might be too small on me.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm late in posting up these fit pics and sizing reference, but here you go. Size 40 3A lumber cardigan in natural (feel free to check sig for more info):

h6OSgLk.jpg

ZhZ7ANj.jpg

LrJkJ2u.jpg

I'm 5'8", about 150 lbs with a 38" chest measurement and the pics above are of the size 40. I tried not to make the sizing equation too difficult here guys, went one size up from actual chest measurement and that's the fit I went with, which I think is good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads