1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inverallan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

Are any of the sweaters lined?

2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

3. jet

jet Senior member

Way too damn hot for this thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He's back :fistbump:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

If anyone grabbed a 42 in a 3A or 6A from the eBay sale and are finding it doesn't fit, especially if it's too short, shoot me a PM and I may be interested in taking if off your hands.

6. letsi

letsi Senior member

just to give a heads up in case anyone runs into a situation like mine...

purchased a 3a natural 36 off the ebay seller and it turns out they over declared the content value to 6000GBP which landed me with an import tax of around 600USD (I'm not staying in US at the moment)...

Can't believe they made such a blunder, am now trying to find out how to rectify this situation with them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  7. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Bummer man. Colossal mistake.

8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Senior member

9. letsi

letsi Senior member

Thanks for the sympathy folks.

Invoice from UPS below:
    [​IMG]

No way for UPS to re-declare the content value since duties have been paid up at custom by UPS.
    So it's going back to the seller... Any idea if UK custom would charge duties for return merchandises?

On my end, I've just file an ebay dispute and hopefully we can sort this out with the next delivery...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  10. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

UK customs shouldn't charge for a return, but the package would need to be very clearly marked as such. Emphasis on the very clearly.

Over here if a shipper mis-marks content value you have to send evidence to HMRC, the Post Office aren't able to refund you as they only act as a collection agent for the government, I'm guessing it's similar in the US and you'd have to provide evidence to your tax authority to get it sorted.

11. letsi

letsi Senior member

Thanks for the information MOK, I'm actually based out of Singapore at the moment and the Ebay seller decided to resend another sweater to me while the original returned package is still stuck in the UK customs with UPS. Got to give them props for the service recovery even if they did mess up first. :nodding:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  12. shortlefty

shortlefty Senior member

So where do you guys buy the sweaters? Are their eBay sales the best deals and how often do they restock? Also, how is the fit? Finally, would it be too short for me if I'm 5'9? Thanks

13. Churchill W

I got mine at End Clothing.

14. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i got mine from end, though the ebay is a good source if you see what you want. the ebay is not consistently restocked ime.

they are big, heavy sweaters and they're not vanity sized. i'm a 36/small and i got a 38 sweater and i'm glad i did.

shouldn't be too short. i've seen inverallans work for 5'7" people and 6'3" people.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Once upon a time, we had a GMTO through Inverallan. Alas, it was glorious.

16. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

That was great. Wish I could redo mine, I have a much clearer idea of what I want and how I want it to fit.

But alas, don't give people free-range to do shit like that, especially internet fashionistas. Recipe for a meltdown.

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

ftfy.

18. zissou

zissou Senior member

On the organizing end, it was stressful, and it was a mess at the very end. I think @tonio028 never even got one. I have a clerical grey 3A in 38 I could send you... never worn, runs small.

Mine are ok, but I'd probably buy them two sizes larger if I was to order them today.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  19. Churchill W

I still haven't worn my 6A that I got. Doesn't seem like it has gotten cold enough, may break it out to wear as a jacket this Friday at my birthday dinner, just cause.

Since I haven't had a chance to wear yet, not sure if in the future I would size up one or two from chest size.

20. shortlefty

shortlefty Senior member

So generally the sizing is +2 sizing? So if i was a 38R in suits and a small in most clothing brands, I would go up to a 40 or 42?