Inverallan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Dec 18, 2009.

1. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Also, there is so much wool knit so tightly I suspect that you could literally pull the sleeves long to stretch them.

2. Regg

Regg Senior member

I'm hesitant to open up this can of worms, but any clue on possible customs fees?

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

just something along the lines of " thanks for your order form, once we have your garment ready we'll be in touch"

5. Regg

Regg Senior member

Ok so I still can't decipher this single vs double donegal. Are the color swatches we've seen single, double, or are they the same and single/double just determines thickness?

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

same color swatches. from what ive been told its the thickness. at least that's the gist i get.

i asked her for an order form for the single yarns this morning, and also for a little more info re weight/thickness and fit of the sweaters made w the single. will post it up

7. Regg

Regg Senior member

8. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

you're totally welcome dude. here's what she had to say about the single
    hope that helps. don't know if i mentioned it before but she said a while back that the single donegal was lighter than the aran. so in terms of weight it goes like this double donegal > aran > single donegal she also sent the order form along with this
    Click Here For Single Donegal Order Form

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I figure now would be a good time to aggregate all the information we have. Thanks to everyone who has contributed, especially dotcomzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    Swatches Aran (solid colors): [​IMG] Donegal (Extra surcharge):
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pricing: 1A CABLE CREW : £120 3A LUMBER CARDIAGAN : £120 4A GOLFER CARDIGAN : £120 6A SHAWL CARDIGAN : £130 30E SNOWFLAKE LUMBER : £130 Donegals: Add another £30 Sizes larger than 44: Extra, contact for details PRICES ARE WITHOUT VAT!!!!
    Officious Measurements Chart/Sizing
    Styleforum consensus is to size up from your usual size (I am normally a 36, ordered a 38) unless you want a slim-fit chunky cardigan (why would you?).​
    Double donegal vs. Single donegal
    Single donegals are the same color, just different thickness.​
    Regarding the Inverallan brand (New labels)
    Ordering Forms Send an order form to inverallanhandknitters[at]live.co.uk Specify whether or not you want a new tag or no tag Lead time is estimated to be 12-14 weeks You will be billed once it's completed Double Donegal Single Donegal Aran

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013

10. iotan

iotan Senior member

^^^ Thanks for consolidating information and thank you to dotcomzzzz.

In regard to the underlined portion of the following quote, I would take it to mean that the double donegal is less chunky. However, that does not seem to make much sense to me. Am I misunderstanding something? I am assuming the "it" is in response to a question and not referring back to the previous reference to "double" donegal.

"In regards to the single donegal weight and thickness, its quite simple, its half the weight and half the thickness, as the double donegal uses 2 ends of yarn, fit will still be the same as we still knit to whichever size required, only difference you might find is double is a bit more snug due to the thickness and yes it looks less chunky," ​

11. slstr

slstr Senior member

Fucking awesome

12. Regg

Regg Senior member

I think it's just some confusing grammar and that she is referring to the single.

13. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

It's not confusing to me, she means it'll look less chunky because the double will be more tightly wound yarn because its two ends yarns. Where as the single will be more open because there isn't as many strands in it. Double will be more dense so the knitting won't be as open but defiantly be warmer. Whereas the single will be more open because the yarn isn't as tightly wound so it's less dense the wool has freedom to open. The single will look more substantial/chunky/fluffy however you like to put it whereas the double will look tighter/dense or more fitted.

Honestly id go with the double if your any bigger than a 38/48 since the it'll look really chunky and add weight you in the single yarn.

14. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

plus one to that.

g tran what an absolutely good call condensing all the relevant info, cheers man.

and thanks guys for being so cool about this. honestly.

at this point im pretty much stepping aside. with all the info posted ordering something is fairly straightforward. i like the fact that this has been a group effort. i also get the feeling this is going to turn out well

:superhappysmileyface:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013

15. Regg

Regg Senior member

A bit more info on the single vs. double, at least from a little research I just did

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/FEATwin05TT.html

el Bert had it right

I like the idea of thicker/warmer but I'm thinking I may like the look of single better?