Inverallan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by edubs01, Dec 18, 2009.

1. samadhi27

samadhi27 Senior member

I was looking at those myself, too (+ Muff). Thanks dotcom for posting the swatches!

Clonmany is more subtle and interesting as a donegal fabric, since the specks are many different shades. Whereas Crolly is mostly hues of blue. The candy blue flecks do pop though. I also have too much grey in my wardrobe, that's another consideration

[​IMG]

2. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

any sizing advice on 6a's? I have a 3a in 40, but reading back through the thread it seems 6as fit a big bigger....

3. slstr

slstr Senior member

If anyone gets any info about other donegal fabric colours (greens in particular) please post them up here

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

No problem man! And I know what you mean. I'm trying not to get swayed by the shades that have more color in them. They look really good on a color card, but might be too busy on a whole sweater. That's just me. I think Crolly is my favorite.

I think you're right. End's size charts suggest this. I can certainly ask her if there's a difference in fit from one style to the next. On the 6A I'm thinking go tts for a snug, form fitting fit that will stretch somewhat with wear. Like Samadhi27 mentioned a few posts back. Then size up one for a slouchier relaxed fit. Personally I'm sizing up one. She sent this chart today, which differs a little from End's chart for the 6A. You can also shorten the arms and body length a bit if needed.

So there you go. I'd say go with the above chart over End's. She did mention a 44 will cost more than the other sizes. I'll find out how much. I'm also going to ask her about other knits, hats, scarfs, etc. I'll get back with prices. She also wants us to use order forms which she's provided: one for Arans and one for Donegals. I'll post them shortly. In the meantime she's forwarded the rest of the Donegal options available. Choices, choices, choices...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Those natural colors + olives are great...already placed an order for my muff 6a or else I'd be tempted by these.

Here is the order form for the Donegal Tweeds.

She also sent me this:
    I went ahead and got the new label, just to see. I asked her what the name would be on the label and will post it if she's allowed to tell me.

6. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Sweet, thanks for posting the order form g tran. I'll post the Aran one in a bit.

I agree some of those greens and naturals are really nice. ill probably stick with Crolly tho. with a label. I wonder if it can't say 'inverallan' or it just can't be that design. Kind of sounds like the former.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  7. iotan

iotan Senior member

Do you all know if they have any lighter weight yarns available? I am afraid the ones I have seen would be too heavy basically the whole year in Atlanta.

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

As far as I can tell, I think it's the whole Inverallan brand. I don't really understand it...that's why I asked her if there was going to be a new name.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Crolly or Ardara... hrmmm.

Already have dark gray SS Ijevan.

10. Donut

Donut Senior member

Placed an order for a 6A in Malin. Was really stuck between Malin and Muff but I ended up with Malin because it reminded me of driveslowk's purple Inverallan which I really love.

11. jimney

jimney Senior member

Man, I'm definitely getting one now. Only need to decide which. Do we email the form once we've filled it in?

Also, two questions: What does it mean by "Double Donegal" for the cardigans and is anyone familiar with the 4A "Golfer Cardigan"?

12. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

I think you're right. sort of excited to see what comes of it
    Glad you guys brought this up. I asked her about the "Double Donegal" name, if it meant they're twice as thick as the Arans or something, which yeah would be ridiculous. Here's what she said: "No, thats just the name as we knit with 2 Strands of wool as opposed to 1, I would say its slightly thicker than the Aran but not too thick." She offered to send swatches of each, the Double, Single, and Aran. I'll take her up on the offer and post them. iotan, maybe the Single is light enough for Atlanta weather. I guess I'll see about getting an order form for the Single Donegal yarns as well. jimney, I'm going to email her tonight with a request for prices on the other models. If you want I can ask her about the 4A. Here is is the order form for the Arans

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Why would 3a fit any different from 6a, 4a, etc?

14. jimney

jimney Senior member

The order form actually has prices for the different models, as well as accessories, when you select them in the drop-down menu. I just meant what does it look like, since I don't think anyone in this thread has discussed it.

Looking forward to seeing the Arans, thanks for helping with this!

15. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Hahaha I haven't even looked at them honestly. The order forms. So cool, glad to hear.

By the way the Aran colors are a few pages back. Theyre the solids. Is that what you meant?