1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by zissou, Jan 21, 2011.

1. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Mandon store has a fresh batch of Inverallans.

FWIW, I ordered the 3A from them and they sent it as a 'sample'. Not sure what that means but I am yet to get a customs note a month later. That could change, so caveat etc.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. JMK

JMK Senior member

I bought one from End and before it showed up Fed Ex was calling me asking what it is, if the person who sent it is the person who made it, etc. I also had to fill out a form and send it in. Now, $79 later, here I am. Never had a problem with Royal Mail.

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

wow that sucks ... lots of people on here have ordered from end before. i wonder why these cardis are causing such an issue

4. irbe

irbe Senior member

Good to know, yeah, im going to ask EndClothing to send via Royal Mail if I ever order from them again.

5. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

FedEx and UPS almost always hit you with duty and taxes. Regular mail (Canada Post, USPS, Royal Mail) usually passes through customs without any extra fees.

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Have you received those tracking numbers, Z? Still no sign of the 3A on my doorstep. :(

7. chinst09

chinst09 Member

+1. Hoping that the tracking number comes soon!

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

Not yet. I've emailed them again, and I'll call on Monday if I haven't received them. I usually hear from them on the weekends, since the week is usually busy for them. I'll let you know...

9. Wally

Wally Senior member

I have a 6a navy from themandstore in size 42 I was about to return. Thought I would offer it here first for what I paid - $320 shipped. It has wood not leather buttons even though themandonstore picture had leather.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  10. skyline

skyline Senior member

if anyone missed out on the 3A group order, passing on a 36 in navy. shoot me a PM if interested. fit didn't work out for me, but big thanks again to zissou for setting it all up!

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

^My pleasure!

My second Inverallan showed up today. So, those of you still waiting on one should keep an eye out in your mailboxes. The shop had said that they had received the rest, but I hadn't received any tracking numbers.

In other news, I don't think I'll be doing another group order this year. Inverallan has been pretty unreliable, and the future of the company is uncertain since the Director is apparently stepping down. I'd hate to have everyone put their money down only to have to wait forever for a cardigan. Some of the ones from this year's order have already taken a year, and I heard it might take even longer for future orders.

On another note, I've been promoted at work, which leaves less time for organizing stuff like this. I'd rather not have the fate of 40 baller knits on my mind.

Aside from the delays and sizing issues, I hope you guys and gals have for the most part enjoyed participating in the group order. Keep me updated when yours arrive and how you like them!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  12. zissou

zissou Senior member

And, as if we need another example of crazy sizing, I wound up with two navy 1A crewnecks- one in 40 and one in 42. The 42 fits considerably smaller (and better) than the 40. The 40 is easily a typical Large. It'll be up on B&S tomorrow!

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

thanks for all the hard work!!!

14. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Fair enough, I think everyone's appreciated the effort you've put into this one, so thanks again!

I'm still waiting on my second 3A, will post when it arrives.

15. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

My size 38 3A arrived earlier this week, and I was worried that it would be too snug. Lucky for me it fits perfectly! I wish it were longer in the torso and arms, but that's not due to poor sizing, just the kind of cut they were going for.

Thanks again for all the organization and effort in making this group order happen, Z!

- K

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

Sure thing, kg and cwp! Kg- mine was similar, but after a few wears and periodic tugging on the sleeves and body, it's getting there.

The shop says they are still waiting on four 3As from Inverallan :( :(

17. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

Anyone happen to pick up one of these J.Crew Inverallan Zips. Any thoughts on fit and the zipper?

[​IMG]

18. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

kind of have a feeling one of these is mine--is there a way to change my address again? i got relocated for my job and will be moving permanently in a few weeks. i would just have it forwarded, but i don't think these are being sent by USPS.

again, thanks a lot for all of your hard work, mark!

19. C&A

C&A Senior member

[ATTACHMENT=2551]Inverallan-cwine1.jpg (160k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I received a 6A Inverallan shawl cardigan in burgundy (wine) in 38 with wooden buttons from the Mandon Store. Similar to the one in the above picture, but with 5 buttons instead of 7. I've worn it once, but it's just not my style. Selling it for EUR 228 (which is what I paid excl of shipping) + actual shipping. PM me if interested.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012