• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those the other day, but are they really cotton? I never understood thick cotton sweaters (really heavy, doesn't shed water, not warm)

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to be cotton, which would be a nice change once in a while. But, all I remember from heavy cotton sweaters is that they eventually stretch a ton and look terrible.

JT- that's the standard navy wool version, which I ordered as part of this order.

510kut

Reaction score
Did you guys have to sign for the package? My USPS tracking finally updated.. and it says delivered unfortunately theres nothing there... Although 3 minutes before the delivery it did say Notice Left...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry ive been MIA lately

my tracking info just says :Your Item's Status
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

lame ... its been like that for awhile :(

TARMAC yours looks amazing. love the close up shot of the color and texture

gastarbeider

Reaction score
mine was the same for the past +/- week.

just saw that it was (finally) updated: Your item arrived at 6:22 am on December 08, 2011 in XXXXXX.

seeing as i'm out of town, only a week to go before i lay eyes on it.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw those the other day, but are they really cotton? I never understood thick cotton sweaters (really heavy, doesn't shed water, not warm)

Seems to be cotton, which would be a nice change once in a while. But, all I remember from heavy cotton sweaters is that they eventually stretch a ton and look terrible.
JT- that's the standard navy wool version, which I ordered as part of this order.

Without wishing to derail the thread too much - I quite like heavy cotton sweaters :embar: No they're not as warm as wool weight for weight, but they're nice for spring/autumn and the fading and slouchiness they develop with time has a certain charm... I admit though the cotton caps are more tempting.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UGH!! might have given a PA address at my parent's house. Do they leave it or do they make you sign for it?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^You gave the one in WC.

MoK- if I somehow got the sizing all wrong on the knits I've ordered, I'll likely buy one of those and size down a little. There's something really nice about the feel of cotton sweaters, but I only own one these days, for some reason.

Last edited:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^You gave the one in WC.
MoK- if I somehow got the sizing all wrong on the knits I've ordered, I'll likely buy one of those and size down a little. There's something really nice about the feel of cotton sweaters, but I only own one these days, for some reason.

yeah, just saw the tracking was in philly. need to have my dad send it over. thanks mark!

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think erring on the large side is fine. More like a true cardigan and less like a short jacket

AHShadow

Reaction score
Eumm...my mom went to pick up my package at the PO, and she called me saying that she returned it since customs were 90$ =/. What to do now?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, man. I don't think it was a good idea to return it. I doubt the shop is going to accept a return since it was a special order, and they may want you to pay for shipping again... I will ask them and let them know. I was going to say that's a lot for customs fees, but then again, you are in Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads