• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inverallan 3A Cardigan Group Order (CLOSED)

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Offtopic, anyone have experience
with the Inverallan Knit Cap?
is it any good?

I've got one - It's very warm but a bit on the large size even with my big head. They've done various versions over the years so your mileage may vary...

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty awesome.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you who didn't get in on the group buy (and those of you who did), End Clothing now listed three models for sale today, though several colors are already sold out.

This is their specs on the 3A.

I don't know how they measured the sleeves. At 17''-18.5'', that sounds extremely short.

Pit to Pit Back Shoulder Arm
36” 18“ 22.75“ Raglan 17“
38” 19“ 24“ Raglan 17 “
40” 20“ 24.5“ Raglan 17.5“
42” 21“ 25“ Raglan 18“
44” 22“ 25.5“ Raglan 18.5“

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's my experience that the sleeves are indeed on the short side. But this has been discussed quite a bit in this thread.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's my experience that the sleeves are indeed on the short side. But this has been discussed quite a bit in this thread.

Yes, I'm aware of that discussion. However, I measured a jacket I have with raglan sleeves and it's nowhere near the 17'' they claimed on a size 38, which is the size I took with this group order. It's not even close to the 18.5'' they listed for the largest size available. This was why I posted "I don't know how they measured the sleeves."

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they measure them from the pit, which doesn't really tell us anything about the actual length of the sleeves.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, the sizing guide explains it's measured from the pit

ShirtSize.jpg

Last edited:

bakatora

Reaction score
underarm measurement from the pit to cuff? not completely sure though.

edit: lol too late

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they measured it from under the pit, the width of the sleeve will be a major factor too I think, ie if lower armhole will have a different reading than a higher armhole.

The chest measurement seems to be fine for me. If this thing is too short for me, I'm going to have the arms chopped off and rock it as a sweater vest. :slayer:

Hopefully I won't have to resort to that though as my height and stats are almost on the dot for the "average American".

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As zissou suggested earlier in the thread, you can stretch the sleeves to some extent

PDinh

Reaction score
Hey zissou any news on the shipping of the cardigans?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Zis has already made off with all of your inverallan money scraggily beard and all, he's on the high seas piloting his new vessel with bamboo pipe in mouth.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubled it at the track last week, so everything is ok.

The shop is expecting to receive the cardigans today!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads