• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introducing: The Ipad Suit!

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I want a tuxedo that can carry my DVR.

http://www.cultofmac.com/gentlemen-b...pad-suit/45758

Gentlemen: Behold the iPad Suit
Share90

By Nicole Martinelli (10:42 am, Jun. 04, 2010)

An upscale Manhattan tailor has designed a $600 suit jacket with an iPad pocket.

Mohan's custom tailors, founded in the 70s before men needed gadget pockets, said the somewhat gimmicky-looking iPad suit is the result of customer requests.

You don't have to be very sartorially savvy to wonder how the jacket "” pictured either flat or with the model holding it "” could stand carrying a 1.5 pound device on one side without deforming the fabric or giving you a lopsided look. Mohan's says it has "several dozen" appointments scheduled for fittings.

And, yeah, we're betting that just as Holly Golightly wouldn't wear the iPad dress, Paul Varjak probably wouldn't carry his iPad around in his jacket.

It just further highlights the somewhat awkward size of the iPad, too big for a discreet pocket, but small enough not to require a dedicated computer bag

How are you carrying yours?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops...but I did a search on Ipad and nothing obvious came up!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.