1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing Slim Fit Trousers by Epaulet

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^^ Long piece of folded fabric? I got one of those in my charcoal flannels back in January. It looked like scrap, to be honest; I couldn't find any place on the trousers that was missing cloth.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Why is there a piece of fabric in the right side front pocket of the trousers that I have purchased? Does it mean something? Am I supposed to hang onto it?

^^ Long piece of folded fabric? I got one of those in my charcoal flannels back in January. It looked like scrap, to be honest; I couldn't find any place on the trousers that was missing cloth.

That's funny. I thought I was the only one. At first I wasn't sure either, but it seemed to be an extra belt loop in my right pocket. It's either scrap Mike's way of leaving behind a "piece" of fashion history? Tracking device maybe?

3. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

It's a belt loop indeed - I threw all of mine away, but in retrospect I should have kept them as souvenirs for my vast Walt collection (7 pairs thus far).

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

It's a belt loop indeed - I threw all of mine away, but in retrospect I should have kept them as souvenirs for my vast Walt collection (7 pairs thus far).

Baller. Did you happen to get the camel tattersal or black windowpane? If so, any pics or thoughts on pairing them in your wardrobe? I have the tan moleskins, but am wondering if I should exchage them for the tattersals since I have tons of plain khaki colored chinos/pants in the rotation already (granted they aren't this fine material).

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

any chance that you could do a size 38? or is the order already set?

I was actually thinking of you - we ordered 38's in both the Tropical Wool and Chambray. Interested in either of those? I have some extra fabric, so I can make you up a 38 in French blue as a special order if you like the fit of the other trousers.

That's funny. I thought I was the only one. At first I wasn't sure either, but it seemed to be an extra belt loop in my right pocket. It's either scrap Mike's way of leaving behind a "piece" of fashion history? Tracking device maybe?

Hah - I had no idea what this thing was for months. A customer actually pointed out that it's an extra belt loop. A little vestige of proper trouser-making methods of the past. Our guys are looking out for you.

It's true, Nan is the official king of Walt trouser collecting. A few years from now, when "trouserheadz" from Singapore are bidding up the Staple x Supreme Grey Wool Slacks on Ebay, he'll be able to say that he created the whole culture.

6. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Anyone have a pair of 32" waist Slim Walt Trouser Tan Moleskin they want to get rid of?

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

I was actually thinking of you - we ordered 38's in both the Tropical Wool and Chambray. Interested in either of those? I have some extra fabric, so I can make you up a 38 in French blue as a special order if you like the fit of the other trousers.

im gunna get either the wool or the chambray when i see pics of them so ill let you know with the special order.

and im not fat... i just have child bearing hips

8. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

shotty the darker red japanese cotton.

those are going to be nastayy.
    Would it be darker than the red cords you guys have up? I'm kinda hesitant between those and something slightly darker.

9. Epaulet

im gunna get either the wool or the chambray when i see pics of them so ill let you know with the special order.

Sounds good! I'll drop you a line when they arrive

shotty the darker red japanese cotton.

those are going to be nastayy.
    Would it be darker than the red cords you guys have up? I'm kinda hesitant between those and something slightly darker.

Definitely darker. The cords are a true cherry red. These will be a darker bordeaux.

10. geoffmartin17

count me in on the bordeaux then, sounds awesome. probably also some moleskin ones (i know they're out now but ill just combine orders). can't wait.

11. geoffmartin17

Hey

I know this has probably been said somewhere but when are the new pants coming out? Mid april?

I"M DYING FOR THE BORDEAUX!

Oh ill post pictures when i get home today of my walt tweeds. Haven't gotten them hemmed yet, but the fit is pretty unreal. Especially on me, 155, 6'2.

All leg.

Haha

12. Joshmotron

Joshmotron Member

Bought a pair of the Walt moleskin's and got them this weekend... holy balls these are comfy pants. It was nice enough to rain the first two days I wore them (to try them on and break them in a bit) and they're in need of dry cleaning! Woo [​IMG] I'll post some pics later. Needless to say, I'm coming back for either the navy blue moleskins or the charcoal trousers.

13. Epaulet

Hey

I know this has probably been said somewhere but when are the new pants coming out? Mid april?

I"M DYING FOR THE BORDEAUX!

Oh ill post pictures when i get home today of my walt tweeds. Haven't gotten them hemmed yet, but the fit is pretty unreal. Especially on me, 155, 6'2.

All leg.

Haha

Yup, we're hoping to get them in the next 10 days or so. Really can't wait to see the Bordeaux and French Blue. I think that they're going to be the burnesr.

Bought a pair of the Walt moleskin's and got them this weekend... holy balls these are comfy pants. It was nice enough to rain the first two days I wore them (to try them on and break them in a bit) and they're in need of dry cleaning! Woo [​IMG] I'll post some pics later.

Needless to say, I'm coming back for either the navy blue moleskins or the charcoal trousers.

Thanks - glad that you like them! Moleskin was originally a German Army fabric, so a little rain won't bust them.

14. Epaulet

Hey guys,

The new Trousers are available and in-stock now! We have the meat & potatoes of the delivery available online, and I've got a few more styles to put up tomorrow.

My apologies that we're missing some sizes. Our NY Times feature came out earlier than expected today, and our website was slammed with trouser orders. We're already putting more Tropical Wool, Seersucker, and Chambray trousers into work, so please PM me if I don't have a size for you and we can reserve you something for the next delivery

[​IMG]
    WALT Tropical Wool Trouser: $185
    RUDY Tropical Wool Trouser: $185

[​IMG]
    WALT Chambray Trouser: $165
    RUDY Chambray Trouser: $165

[​IMG]
    WALT Nassau Seersucker Trouser: $165
    RUDY Nassau Seersucker Trouser: $165

[​IMG]
    WALT Bordeaux Poplin: $165
    RUDY Bordeaux Poplin: $165

[​IMG]
    WALT French Blue Poplin: $165
    RUDY French Blue Poplin:

15. blynch

blynch Senior member

a heads up, looks like the measurements for the new Rudys got mixed up with Walt measurements

16. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Don't mess with this guy: [​IMG] Couldn't pull it off myself, but awesome

17. daruma

daruma Senior member

those trousers are greeeeeaaattttttt

18. daruma

daruma Senior member

can i get backrise measurements for a size 33 walt?

19. Epaulet

a heads up, looks like the measurements for the new Rudys got mixed up with Walt measurements

Ah, thanks for letting me know - FIXED.

20. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

What happened to the linen? Was going to come see those on Sunday.