• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing RJB - Real Japan Blues

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real Japan Blues 106BSP
2 Years (and 3 days)

1 soak, 8 washes.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

Now on permanent display at SELA.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Real Japan Blues 106BSP
2 Years (and 3 days)

1 soak, 8 washes.

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

Now on permanent display at SELA.

Wow, honestly these are in the top 3 if not my favorite pair of worn jeans I have ever seen! I think this photo shows just how well they hold there indigo, yes they are faded to almost white in lap area, but by the fly where there is less abrassion there is still a deep blue, even after the washes and wear. Kiya, can I ask what soap you use for the washes? Thanks and again these jeans look truly amazing

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Wow, honestly these are in the top 3 if not my favorite pair of worn jeans I have ever seen! I think this photo shows just how well they hold there indigo, yes they are faded to almost white in lap area, but by the fly where there is less abrassion there is still a deep blue, even after the washes and wear. Kiya, can I ask what soap you use for the washes? Thanks and again these jeans look truly amazing

I've never used anything other than Woolite Dark for all my clothes.

youngScholar

Reaction score
Kiya, I really like how you went to the effort of patching those. It shows some
inlove.gif

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have been giving my 106 NO love for quite a while. it's time to get them back out and hit it. hard to believe they went from this
IMG_0868.jpg
to this
IMG_0954.jpg
i have no idea what the history is right now. i think there were the initial soaks and then maybe 3-4 months of wear and i switched to something else. i think.... either way, i'mma start wearing these mugs again.

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
How much should the knee and leg opening stretch after the soak & initial stretching after said soak?
The 9.3 and 9.5" leg openings on the 32 and 33 straight leg models, respectively, seem a little large.

Also, the thigh is known to shrink .8" inches in the thigh during the first soak, how much of that will I get back with wear?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanathonHuff
How much should the knee and leg opening stretch after the soak & initial stretching after said soak?
The 9.3 and 9.5" leg openings on the 32 and 33 straight leg models, respectively, seem a little large.

Also, the thigh is known to shrink .8" inches in the thigh during the first soak, how much of that will I get back with wear?

The knee and leg opening will shrink about .5" after a hot soak and won't really stretch out at all with wear.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
how much do these stretch? has the 103 bsp and the thigh is a tad too tight. hoping that it can stretch abit.

They stretch pretty easily where there's pressure because the denim is made of a long fiber cotton from Zimbabwe.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
They stretch pretty easily where there's pressure because the denim is made of a long fiber cotton from Zimbabwe.

awesome. love the denim. hairy when seen in sunlight.

DrPat

Reaction score
Could someone point me to some fit pics of the 103BSP. I could only find
this one and the pics on the SelfEdge page.

Any comments on how the low rise affects the fit? Based on the other measurements, I would go TTS since I don't want the legs to be super-slim.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrPat
Could someone point me to some fit pics of the 103BSP. I could only find
this one and the pics on the SelfEdge page.

Any comments on how the low rise affects the fit? Based on the other measurements, I would go TTS since I don't want the legs to be super-slim.

I would go true to size, they shrink down quite a bit and it's already a slim fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads