Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DC Lewis, Jun 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. thinman

thinman Senior member

Thanks for making the color choice painless, David and Achilles_. Looking forward to getting the shoes!

2. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Hey guys, I was just wondering if someone could give me some sizing advice.

I've never been interested in monk straps before but I'm totally loving some of the styles you guys are rocking here and I'm seriously considering buying a pair of Clayton's or Matthew's (the wallet says damn you SF!) Basically, I have a really narrow foot and I'm worried about them fitting me good as there is only two holes on the strap. I assume sizing down half a size to a full size should do the trick?

Another idea may be if someone could recommend a similar style that I may be able to try on in London tomorrow. Guess I'm just wary about placing an order for shoes online without trying them on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

PM distinctive, he can find a good fit for you :)

I find it hard to find a perfect fit for my feet, but he was patient with me and we figured out what was best.

4. Marshall Anthony

Marshall Anthony Well-Known Member

…...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

They are fine for a narrow width, IMO - the Clayton more so than the Matthew. What size/brands, and lasts work for you?

6. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I want those shoes now.

7. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

I also just received a shell cordovan (#8) belt from David, along w/ a shell (#4) watch strap. The belt is nice and substantial, yet very supple. He embossed my initials on the inside by the buckle. Awesome sauce!

I'll join the shoe club eventually, but til then I'm happy with some cool accessories.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

8. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Thanks for the replies, I'll PM Distinctive and see if he can help.

I suppose it was a bit of a silly question, without thinking about things like lasts, etc. Have to say I don't know much about that business yet. The only pair of shoes I've got that may be of reference to you is a pair of John Lobb Darby II Wing-Tips that I picked up on sale just before Christmas. Normally I would buy a UK10 but they only had a 9.5 and they fit me really good. The right is maybe a little tight but nothing I can't live with.

Not sure if that information helps. Other than that, I've got a couple of pairs of Mr Hare shoes but I'm not sure if thats a good reference for you guys. If the Clayton is a little narrower and I really like the colour of those, it sounds like that may be the one to go for.

9. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

It's a legitimate concern, I think most of the people in this thread have asked sizing questions (or at the very least have been PM'ing distinctive sizing questions)

I have not heard of anyone being dissatisfied though, so it sounds like they have it figured out :)

Just an FYI, you can make a custom order once they get the current batch done (from what I understand) but from the pictures the Clayton looks like a very versatile shoe, I say go for it.

I also have a narrow foot (I try to get "12 C" US sizing), and it sounds like either last would work. The Clayton I would do a size 12, the porter I would try 11.5

But don't take my word for it (or anyone else) PM distinctive for a definitive answer.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

10. tomrakewell

tomrakewell Senior member

Nice belts! How much are they? And the watch strap is also from David? Could you provide a photo of said strap, please?

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

12. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Hmmmm might need to get those after I receive my spoosters in suede

Also, it is damn hard to type on my iPad after consuming alcohol

13. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

14. meister

meister Senior member

Spoo has taken over DC Footwear. It's official. The plethora of sucking up to him proves it. Dave has succumbed and gone with the flow...I've even been sucked in as well so anything is possible from hereon in.

15. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Quote:
    $250 shipped for belt + watch strap. Of course, costs vary by material, etc., & so you'll have to email David with particulars. Here's the watch strap in Horween #4 w/ 19mm lug width. Sorry for the poor photo skills.[​IMG]