• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had burnished toes, but never an antiqued shoe. So I guess I need to get used to it. The shoe fits a little tight-width wise and I don't want to size up, but I believe I'll be fine. I'll decide in the morning. Thanks for the words of encouragement :slayer:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I predict the antiqueing will grow on you. And it will also mellow/improve with additional polishing/time.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good look mid end footwear, it not look high end. Look good finishing and good last.
IMG_7833.jpg
Toe area to far off ground, it look cheap. Not good balance. Good maker not do this. Sorry.
Sole off ground to much at toe, not balance good, make shoe look cheap made, sorry.
The Edward green is perfect balance. it made proper 1/3 - 1/4 inch toe off ground.
same problem. many many good point about shoes but maker still need further training from top maker to solve small problem in shoe. Use machinery very very good, so they experienced maker but need further training to make shoe look high end. Alden have same problem.

Last edited:

BUSP

Reaction score
^ This, coming from a guy with a 42 inch waist and size 52 jacket.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good look mid end footwear,
it not look high end.
Look good finishing and good last.
Toe area to far off ground,
erfect balance.
it made proper
1/3 - 1/4 inch toe off ground.
same problem.
many many good point about shoes but maker still need further training from top maker to solve small problem in shoe.
Use machinery very very good,
so they experienced maker but need further training to make shoe look high end.
Alden have same problem.

I suppose it does come up a bit more when you're looking at it from the side as opposed to the top, especially on a new size 11 as opposed to a well-used size 7 EEE or whatever you have pictured:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose it does come up a bit more when you're looking at it from the side as opposed to the top, especially on a new size 11 as opposed to a well-used size 7 EEE or whatever you have pictured:

Quick questions about DC Lewis:

- Refurbishing/relasting services - available? and if they are, cost?
- Lasted shoe trees - when will they be available and will they be available on a stand along basis?
- Benchgrade vs handgrade - what are the differences in construction or materials used? According to KW website, both have beveled waist, channeled soles, and are GY welted.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

So here is something special that has been in the making for some time.
Back when David first started the DC Lewis shoe line, he approached me for some preliminary feedback. As you can see by my subsequent purchases featured in this thread, I have been very pleased. Expectations were actually exceeded. That said, I wanted him to create me something special. David has had me test drive a pair of black calf double monks for a while now, seen below (please excuse the ****** photography) :
94273d4d.jpg

524d310e.jpg

..and for me they are the perfect dub monk. Sleek lasted, extremely comfortable, and a fit that is really awesome. David can correct me if I am wrong, but I think these are the 102 last. I would compare it best to the Carmina Simpson, or the C&J 360.
So after wearing these trial monks for a bit, I wanted to move on to something more....exotic. After back and forthing with David on some skin choices and layout, we decided on a semi-matte finish belly cut alligator. David sourced two identical skins and sent over some pictures. We both agreed the quality was that of the highest order and we proceeded to start our "bespoke" journey.
tumblr_lu1gtjHwVi1r3er8co1_500.png

Over the course of 6 (agonizing) months, David kept me updated with the process the whole way - how his shoe team was handling the skins, what the layout of the tiles would look like, the color of the buckles, the fiddleback sole, etc. It was a really easy process and I had say to tweak anything that needed to be tweaked along the way. At first, I was hesitant to drop a lot of money on a pair like this sight unseen without a test pair first, but I have full faith in David and I let him run with it.
Needless to say, last week the end result finally appeared at my doorstep - and WOW. The quality of the skins is excellent, really along the lines of the best I have handled. The soles are just gorgeous. I really could not be happier with these. Anyhow, without further adieu, I present to you the custom SpooMonks by DC Lewis. Thank you David!!
DSC_0125-3.jpg

DSC_0123-2.jpg

DSC_0122-2.jpg

DSC_0120-1.jpg

DSC_0118-2.jpg

DSC_0114-1.jpg

DSC_0113-2.jpg

DSC_0112-2.jpg

DSC_0110-3.jpg

DSC_0106-3.jpg

DSC_0105-3.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0102-2.jpg

I laughed, I cried, I came.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ This, coming from a guy with a 42 inch waist and size 52 jacket.

What does this comment regarding a person's size have to do with their ability to offer observations about a shoes' construction merits.

:cloud:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sole off ground to much at toe,
not balance good,
make shoe look cheap made,
sorry.

Although you notice I am practically horizontal in that pic right? Im leaning all the way back.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although you notice I am practically horizontal in that pic right? Im leaning all the way back.

it not matter,
all have same problem.
It look very good shoe for price.

Deedee

Reaction score
Quote:

What is the price? I want those black monkstraps!!
peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

David (distinctive) and I (Logan, a.k.a. rebel222) are proud to introduce D. C. Lewis Footwear. We have been working diligently on this project for several months now, and we want to take a moment to talk about our new line of men's footwear. Our goal is to offer top-notch quality, sleek yet classical designs, and comfort at an affordable price.

Our goodyear-welted shoes are extremely well crafted, with great attention to detail and lots of handwork. We have gone to great lengths to insure the highest quality and greatest comfort, while equally focusing on design and balance.

We intend for the style and quality of D. C. Lewis to compete with some of the well-established elite brands in high-end footwear, but priced similarly to the middle-tier brands. Our goal is to offer a level of quality, detail, and style that are not typically available in this price range. We do not believe that there is a better value available.

We hope that the shoe design and quality will speak for itself. We have also asked a few well-respected and extremely knowledgeable Styleforum members to give you a non-biased review of our first model, named "Clayton". These members will hopefully add some guidance to the fit as well. We encourage you to try out our shoes as we are confident that you will be overwhelmed by the value of these shoes.

We will also provide our guidance on fit below this post.

Models

Clayton

We are proud to introduce our first model, "Clayton." It is a sleek, single monkstrap. It is on a classic, yet sophisticated, round toe last, called the 102. Made from fine French box calfskin in a color called "mottled sienna". The shoes are goodyear-welted with a single sole. The waist of the shoes are aggressively beveled. Sizing is written in both in US and UK sizing on the shoe itself; however, for ease of purchase, all sizes will be listed according to the US size. Currently, only standard widths are available. The B&S thread will contain an updated list of available sizes: Link. Quantities are limited. If an item has sold out or if you would like to order these in a wide size, we would be happy to accommodate you. Our introductory price for this model is only $424.99 + S&H. However, we will be waiving the price of S&H to Styleforum members located in the US and discounting S&H to our international members. Our B&S thread, here, is the place to purchase in stock models. If you have any questions or special requests, email us.

Note: Future models will have a fiddleback waist but will be priced only slightly higher. An example of the fiddleback is included with the Porter pictures.

dlclayton05.jpg

dlclayton03.jpg

dlclayton01.jpg

dlclayton08.jpg

dlclayton06.jpg

dlclayton011.jpg

Porter

The "Porter" will be our second model. We are taking pre-orders for this model. It is a half-brogue oxford. It is on a chiseled and sleek last, called the 101. Made from fine Italian box calfskin in a color we call "sienna antique." This model can also be pre-ordered in the mottled sienna shown above as well as tan, medium brown, burgundy, navy, and black (suedes also available). This model (and all subsequent models) will be offered with a beautiful fiddleback waist (seen below) at a cost of $459.99 + S&H. Please note that pre-orders will require a deposit $125. See terms below for detailed information regarding pre-orders.

IMG_7816.jpg

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7788.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

Available Leathers

Future Models

Continue to check back regularly because we will be updating this thread with our future models.

Terms

Payment

For now, we are only accepting Paypal, postal money orders, and certified U.S. bank checks. Paypal payments are processed by invoice. Please email us at [email protected] if you want to purchase a pair or need directions for the other methods of payment.

Pre-orders

We require a non-refundable deposit of $125 on all pre-orders. Please allow approximately 8 weeks for delivery. The deposit is due at the time of order. The remaining balance is due within 15 days of notification that the shoes have been delivered to us. If payment is not made within this time period, we reserve the right to sell the shoes to someone else.

Shipping

Standard shipping method will be via USPS Priority Mail. We would be happy to ship via USPS Express Mail for an additional charge. International buyers are welcome. Please email us for a quote.

Returns

Since we are new and you may have doubts as to sizing, we will allow returns on these shoes. We must be notified of your intent to return the shoes within 7 days of you receiving the shoes. We must receive the shoes back within 7 days after you have notified us of a return (14 days for international orders). The shoes must not show any signs of wear (creasing, marking of soles, etc.). Make sure to try the shoes out on carpet. If the shoes are not returned in the original condition, we reserve the right to offer only a partial refund, or no refund in cases of excessive wear. What constitutes sufficient wear to reject a refund is within D.C. Lewis's sole discretion. Please note that shipping charges are non-refundable both ways, so if you qualify for a return we will deduct the initial shipping expense from your refund. We think this is a fair way for us to allow you to try on the shoes without having the risk of being stuck with a pair that does not fit well.

Again, if you have any questions, concerns, or requests, please contact us at [email protected]

Thank you for your time and please let us know how we can serve you.

When in doubt check first post ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads