• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

Asian Afro

Reaction score

Lincoln also makes a blue wax. If the eBay seller in the UK is still selling Saphir, that would be a fairly inexpensive option.
PS- If anyone is in need of belts, I can make them for you in navy or various exotics (american alligator, shell, etc.). I believe I even have a limited supply of navy shell cordovan.

Lincoln's blue shoe polish is on the light side, at least going by the colours listed here.

Which brand of shoe polish and shoe cream has the shade of navy that comes closest to your navy? (If it's Saphir, then I'll get Saphir.)

As for belts, yes, I'd love to get a navy belt with Navy Porter.

Questions:
1) What styles are available?
2) What are the specs on the belt in terms of construction? That is, how would it compare with belts from Equus or Worcestershire Leather (Tim Hardy's)?
3) What choice of buckles?
4) What's the price range?

(I'm asking these questions publicly as I think many will be interested in the answers.)

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have we gotten a solid turnaround time? I want Porters, maybe in sienna or navy. Thanks

+1
would like to know timeline on Navy Porters

Sorry for the delay guys, I just got back into town late last night. I plan on placing an order near the beginning of the year which would put delivery somewhere in the late February- to early March range. Please contact me if you would like to place an order: [email protected] .

One more question before taking the plunge: shoe cream in navy is easy to come by, but only Saphir seems to offer shoe polish in navy. Are there other, cheaper shoe polish brands out there that offer navy? I know I can use neutral, but I prefer to match shoe cream with shoe polish.
I also need to go to the Equus site and get a navy belt...

Lincoln also makes a blue wax. If the eBay seller in the UK is still selling Saphir, that would be a fairly inexpensive option.

PS- If anyone is in need of belts, I can make them for you in navy or various exotics (american alligator, shell, etc.). I believe I even have a limited supply of navy shell cordovan.

how much are the belts in shell?

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys have any plans on doing wide widths?

Perhaps an "E" width sometime in the near future.

Lincoln's blue shoe polish is on the light side, at least going by the colours listed here.
Which brand of shoe polish and shoe cream has the shade of navy that comes closest to your navy? (If it's Saphir, then I'll get Saphir.)
As for belts, yes, I'd love to get a navy belt with Navy Porter.
Questions:
1) What styles are available?
2) What are the specs on the belt in terms of construction? That is, how would it compare with belts from Equus or Worcestershire Leather (Tim Hardy's)?
3) What choice of buckles?
4) What's the price range?
(I'm asking these questions publicly as I think many will be interested in the answers.)

I think Lincoln's blue wax would work fine for navy items. Saphir isn't quite a navy but works well for this leather. I believe as a general rule, that as long as you go with a lighter wax than the color of the leather, you will have success.

Belts are completely handmade by me personally here in the US. All are saddle-stitched with premium leather and hardware. I will probably eventually setup a separate thread for this but for now please pm me. I'll send you a pm now.

how much are the belts in shell?

It depends on color and length but as a general rule but I'll send you a PM.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Perhaps an "E" width sometime in the near future.

Well that blows. I'm a EEE. If you guys decide to do any special orders please let me know.

Last edited:

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be selling mine shorty, along with a few other pairs of my shoes; no reason in particular. Here's a shot of the navy Porter's with a few other pairs: Trickers Nottingham, Vass U-Cap, DC Lewis Porter, RLPL (EG) Peering.
imag0072at.jpg

pcayenne04

Reaction score
Those medium brown shoes look very familiar.

David, did you get my pm on the Navy Porters? Also, I would need a similar navy belt.

Yes, I am copying. I have enough brown and black medallion shoes in my collection. Need a bit of a change.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'll be selling mine shorty, along with a few other pairs of my shoes; no reason in particular. Here's a shot of the navy Porter's with a few other pairs: Trickers Nottingham, Vass U-Cap, DC Lewis Porter, RLPL (EG) Peering.
imag0072at.jpg
You are selling all those?! Why?! Also, nice to see the Porter has pretty much the sexiest waist there.

Stylego

Reaction score

imag0072at.jpg
As always, the best looking shoes are either too big, or too small.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are selling all those?! Why?!
Also, nice to see the Porter has pretty much the sexiest waist there.

Just trimming down a few pairs. I never seem to be able to wear through everything I have, although I always buy more... :cry:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just trimming down a few pairs. I never seem to be able to wear through everything I have, although I always buy more... :cry:

remind me your size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads