• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Porter in navy calf would be fantastic. But I am holding out for Balmoral boots in navy calf and/ or shell. If they're short Balmorals so much the better.

OP let me know if/ when you're planning the above.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

These are fine responses and expected at this price range. The expense has been dedicated to the obviously visible and tangible features (good hides, full sockliner, sole finishing) and not towards where added expense would yield debatable benefit (toe puff, specific oak tanning, etc). Good job.

I was under the impression that chestnut tanning was slightly better than oak tanning, if there's any difference at all. I could be corrected on this though.

Either way it's extremely good value for money. If my budget allowed i'd be hopping on a pair of the cap-toes in navy on the 102 last right now. Ah well, next time.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry about that gentleman, it's been a long day. Sunday, July 24th will be the last day for pre-orders. Thanks for the heads up.

So, after that date, how might we obtain orders? Are you just going to occasionally open up the opportunity?

DC Lewis

Reaction score

I was under the impression that chestnut tanning was slightly better than oak tanning, if there's any difference at all. I could be corrected on this though.

Either way it's extremely good value for money.

According to this test, that is the case: http://www.gentlemanscorner.com/2009/11/chestnut-bark-sole-wins-round-1.html . Obviously, there are a lot of factors at play so it's debatable. Either way, the soles we are offering are very high quality and by no means, less expensive.

DC Lewis

Reaction score
So, after that date, how might we obtain orders? Are you just going to occasionally open up the opportunity?

We will do another similar opportunity soon after these arrive. At that point, we will also be offering a couple new model options. However, there may be less of a chance of a MTO type program and more of a stock option. To be determined.....

not sure if I missed the post - where are the details on price etc for pre-orders?

We require a non-refundable deposit of $125 on all pre-orders. Please allow approximately 8 weeks for delivery. The deposit is due at the time of order. The remaining balance is due within 15 days of notification that the shoes have been delivered to us. If payment is not made within this time period, we reserve the right to sell the shoes to someone else.

pnin22

Reaction score
Can you comment on the work conditions, wages in the factories? I'm not interested in saving a few bucks if it comes at the expense of sweatshop labor.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you comment on the work conditions, wages in the factories? I'm not interested in saving a few bucks if it comes at the expense of sweatshop labor.
+1 I've been wondering about that myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads