• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gaffataep

Reaction score
Ahoj everybody!
My name is Clemens, and I'm a newly registered user here - gotta admit that I was lurking the SLP thread every now and then before. Anyway, I'm based in a small country in the midst of the EU - take a guess! - and I'm mostly into French design houses like SLP, Dior and Berluti. But I'm also a sucker for certain Haider Ackermann and Enfants Riches Deprimes designs. Hate Thom Brown, most Gucci stuff and DSquared2 (sorrynotsorry).

Most of my closet is SLP, The Kooples and Vintage Made in Italy/France..
Looking forward to getting to know the community and also potentially exchanging some outfit ideas!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahoj everybody!
My name is Clemens, and I'm a newly registered user here - gotta admit that I was lurking the SLP thread every now and then before. Anyway, I'm based in a small country in the midst of the EU - take a guess! - and I'm mostly into French design houses like SLP, Dior and Berluti. But I'm also a sucker for certain Haider Ackermann and Enfants Riches Deprimes designs. Hate Thom Brown, most Gucci stuff and DSquared2 (sorrynotsorry).

Most of my closet is SLP, The Kooples and Vintage Made in Italy/France..
Looking forward to getting to know the community and also potentially exchanging some outfit ideas!
Hello Clemens, welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is John and I'm new to this forum ... I discovered the forum while doing a search for learning how Brioni suits fit for men.
I'm fairly new to the world of actually beginning my wardrobe of quality menswear; however, I have had a long years appreciation for top quality suits and tailoring as I've been a big fan of classic menswear.
I would like to start a new routine for myself where I dress up at least twice a week no matter the occasion and spend the day well dressed.
I know what I like but I'm playing catch up with terms and trying to figure out how to explain what I like and am looking forward to learning about all things sartorial ...
I'm fascinated by ebay and other online stores who sell quality used designer clothes as well as new clothes.
My favorite designers thus far are Brioni, Cuccinili and Loro Piana. I'm discovering many more designers and boutique bespoke tailors and I'm hopeful the general quality of life and practical customs and etiquette might make a return for people in general.
Finally, I'm all of a sudden super enthusiastic about women who wear vintage style dress like Chanel and Gucci and am trying to find out who can create these classic designs for a woman who is size 12 thru 16 or plus size.
Thank you in advance and I will also lean towards making purchases thru the forum to help affiliate retailers and this site so send me links!
Oh! I'm a size 46L minimum and usually a 48R/L though sometimes a 50R so anyone with these size suits and clothes get to know me, lol!
John, welcome to the forum!

Saodavi

Reaction score
Hi there

My name is Jae and I’m new to this forum. Based in the US.

I’ve been bitten by the bespoke bug and cannot turn back. However, I am having difficulty, as I’m a woman, in finding the quality with regard to suits, tailoring etc that is available to men. There’s a wealth of knowledge, and understandably so, with regard to men’s custom tailoring and resources but not so much for women.

I find suiting on ladies extremely sexy and feminine when done correctly.

Any recommendations with regard to bespoke and/or made-to-measure that knows how to create for women would be appreciated.

interested in suits, shirting, shoes and outerwear.

thanks!

First post here, but Hugo Jacomet has a YouTube channel called "Sartorial Talks". He's pretty much about all things bespoke. His wife Sonya Nicholson wears a lot of bespoke suits and such. You might try their channel. They're both very helpful.

Good luck!

Saodavi

Reaction score
SaoDavi here. I've been getting into men's style lately and all roads seem to lead here; or at least reference it frequently. I figured it'd be easier to just join and ask questions rather than continuing to creep and hope someone else brings up topics that I'm interested in.

Odds of this site making me a lot poorer? 6:1

OGSuper200s

Reaction score
SaoDavi here. I've been getting into men's style lately and all roads seem to lead here; or at least reference it frequently. I figured it'd be easier to just join and ask questions rather than continuing to creep and hope someone else brings up topics that I'm interested in.

I could not have said it better what you just did ... lol! Another reason why I enjoy this forum and classic menswear clothes in general is there exists this ongoing cohesion of sorts already shared well by everybody who enjoys quality style ...

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum!

radulan

Reaction score
radulan here! interested in good taste, general speaking, be it in wardrobe, decorations, food and drinks etc. Biggest issue is the huge gap between things I like and things I can afford - can't say I'm doing bad, however, designer clothing is out of discussion at this point; I still strongly believe good taste (especially when dressing) is not directly correlated to your budget.

Not even sure how I stumbled upon this site, nor how I missed it for so long - I was watching Hugo Jacomet on YT and next thing you now, I'm here.Cheers everyone!

Mansell

Reaction score
Hi there,

Came across the forum and decided to join up.

I like to wear simple classic pieces from Dries Van Noten through to Boggi to Rubinacci. I have always been interested in fashion and always on the lookout for new upcoming brands so i am very much looking forward in reading the articles in this forum.

Ismael J

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here, have read posts here for some years as reference for my sartorial journey. I am a banker living in Lima, Perú. Wear suits five days a week and have ended buying my clothes mostly online and when I travel abroad as Peru is the land of fused suits and glued shoes! Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Came across the forum and decided to join up.

I like to wear simple classic pieces from Dries Van Noten through to Boggi to Rubinacci. I have always been interested in fashion and always on the lookout for new upcoming brands so i am very much looking forward in reading the articles in this forum.
Hello, DVN, an excellent brand! Welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New here, have read posts here for some years as reference for my sartorial journey. I am a banker living in Lima, Perú. Wear suits five days a week and have ended buying my clothes mostly online and when I travel abroad as Peru is the land of fused suits and glued shoes! Cheers!
Hello Ismael, maybe it's time to get beyond fused suits and glued shoes? Welcome to the forum!

Wearyflight

Reaction score
I'm a farmer. I like functionality and efficiency.. My favorite food is cheeseburger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads