• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skatingdesigns

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am a professional online marketer work on Skating Designs online store. Skating Designs specialize in figure skating dresses, ice skating dresses, Polartec clothing and accessories, and matching doll dresses that fit American girl dolls.
Want to know more kindly reply.

BlackFriday

Reaction score
Hey everyone I've been lurking for a long time and had some good deals from here.

But I felt guilty for not ever posting a deal so I posted one I found today in the official sales thread, lol

Happy Black Friday and thanks for a cool forum!

MauricXe

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm not familiar AceMarks, cannot comment on their quality. They seem affordable. Personally, I would never buy any shoes 'sight unseen'. I would wait, save your money and buy a proven quality product & try them on in person, in a store for sure.

Thanks for the advice!

WillyC

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a Fire Chief with a large oil company and lives in Asia but have business travels quite frequently to Europe and the US. My dress style is more classic than new style. I love chinos, double breasted suits, OCBDs, leather shoes and belts made of leather from Bakers of Colyton and Sedgewick. My lifelong passion has been cowboy boots and had acquired through the years around 300 pairs. Some of them custom made. But I am too old to wear them now so I have switched to wearing normal shoes.

Thanks and hope to enjoy the stay here.

2Legit

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm in my mid 30s, only recently started frequenting this forum and getting great deals through LuxeSwap/Spoo and others on eBay. Really enjoy the knowledge and specificity of this forum, and have learned a lot and continue to learn a lot. I'm mostly fairly conservative with dress but I know what I like, and learn from experience. I used to shop second hand a lot as a kid so I figured out what works to an extent, and now I've progressed to a more sophisticated understanding of labels and garments, I've been able to put together a fairly decent wardrobe, which I'm trying to keep a hold of now so it's actually being used and rotated. I get mostly second hand pieces and I'm largely happy with what I've got. LuxeSwap and Ownly have been especially good to me, especially with the specific measurements, and I now have some favourite brands and know what to look out for, with a better idea of overall value and what to pass on. As far as shoes, my eyes are bigger than my wallet but I am a fan of makers like Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, John Lobb, Church's and Alden, classic style mainly. For work I just wear a beat-up pair of captoe Nordstrom Oxfords, with an eye on nicer shoes once I have the budget for them. Clothing wise I'm into and wear Kamakura, Gitman Vintage, Ledbury and Drake's cotton shirts (I also admire Eidos but I'm not sure about the fit for my body, also I'm a little on the fence about Ledbury's stitched-in collar stay or whatever it is they do but their shirts fit and feel nice); classic wool suits and jackets in interesting patterns - currently I have a nice if too tight AMI jacket and a Formosa jacket, the sleeves of which I would like to have shortened but can't find a decent tailor nearby, so it will have to wait or I'll have to sell it - I tend to prefer a classic natural shoulder although I'm starting to figure out what actually works and looks good on me; Corneliani, Canali, Zegna and PT01 wool trousers, and I really like Malo and RLPL 100% cotton trousers too; also a bunch of nice silk and wool ties, pocket squares, leather belts and other accessories. I love cashmere scarves and own ones by Inis Meain and Begg that feel super luxe and comfortable to wear. I have my eye on other stuff but now that I've developed an eye for it I know it's not always easy to afford what I would like. I do tend to spend a bit more these days to get good quality items, and usually go for things that I'll wear for several years, which will go with many different items. I'm a big fan of Epaulet and Brunello Cucinelli too but usually find the latter unaffordable because of its popularity. What I like about here though is learning more about the smaller makers and tailors and then being able to look for something a little less trendy and cheaper that will stand the test of time or at least look great for a while. Generally this forum has helped me to understand where I should look for bargains and where I'll probably need to shell out the shekels to get something decent - essentially value.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a Fire Chief with a large oil company and lives in Asia but have business travels quite frequently to Europe and the US. My dress style is more classic than new style. I love chinos, double breasted suits, OCBDs, leather shoes and belts made of leather from Bakers of Colyton and Sedgewick. My lifelong passion has been cowboy boots and had acquired through the years around 300 pairs. Some of them custom made. But I am too old to wear them now so I have switched to wearing normal shoes.

Thanks and hope to enjoy the stay here.
Hello Chief, welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I'm in my mid 30s, only recently started frequenting this forum and getting great deals through LuxeSwap/Spoo and others on eBay. Really enjoy the knowledge and specificity of this forum, and have learned a lot and continue to learn a lot. I'm mostly fairly conservative with dress but I know what I like, and learn from experience. I used to shop second hand a lot as a kid so I figured out what works to an extent, and now I've progressed to a more sophisticated understanding of labels and garments, I've been able to put together a fairly decent wardrobe, which I'm trying to keep a hold of now so it's actually being used and rotated. I get mostly second hand pieces and I'm largely happy with what I've got. LuxeSwap and Ownly have been especially good to me, especially with the specific measurements, and I now have some favourite brands and know what to look out for, with a better idea of overall value and what to pass on. As far as shoes, my eyes are bigger than my wallet but I am a fan of makers like Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, John Lobb, Church's and Alden, classic style mainly. For work I just wear a beat-up pair of captoe Nordstrom Oxfords, with an eye on nicer shoes once I have the budget for them. Clothing wise I'm into and wear Kamakura, Gitman Vintage, Ledbury and Drake's cotton shirts (I also admire Eidos but I'm not sure about the fit for my body, also I'm a little on the fence about Ledbury's stitched-in collar stay or whatever it is they do but their shirts fit and feel nice); classic wool suits and jackets in interesting patterns - currently I have a nice if too tight AMI jacket and a Formosa jacket, the sleeves of which I would like to have shortened but can't find a decent tailor nearby, so it will have to wait or I'll have to sell it - I tend to prefer a classic natural shoulder although I'm starting to figure out what actually works and looks good on me; Corneliani, Canali, Zegna and PT01 wool trousers, and I really like Malo and RLPL 100% cotton trousers too; also a bunch of nice silk and wool ties, pocket squares, leather belts and other accessories. I love cashmere scarves and own ones by Inis Meain and Begg that feel super luxe and comfortable to wear. I have my eye on other stuff but now that I've developed an eye for it I know it's not always easy to afford what I would like. I do tend to spend a bit more these days to get good quality items, and usually go for things that I'll wear for several years, which will go with many different items. I'm a big fan of Epaulet and Brunello Cucinelli too but usually find the latter unaffordable because of its popularity. What I like about here though is learning more about the smaller makers and tailors and then being able to look for something a little less trendy and cheaper that will stand the test of time or at least look great for a while. Generally this forum has helped me to understand where I should look for bargains and where I'll probably need to shell out the shekels to get something decent - essentially value.
Hello 2Legit (to quit? Lol!), What you've written indicates to me that you're a man of taste, perhaps not yet wealth. Did you know that Barney's N.Y. department stores is going out of business. There are some very nice sales available on their website. If you live near a Barney's retail store, run don't walk. I'm not trying to plug for Barney's but I've gotten some great buys there recently. On a side note if I could afford to dress head to toe in one designer it would be Cucinelli. How can I help? Do you have any questions regarding the brands for shoes and clothing that you've mentioned?

JWilliamsatlaw

Reaction score
Brand new here. Found this place because I was looking up info on the Santoni Laurence shoes I found yesterday at Nordstrom rack. They were on clearance at 60% off $950, plus 30% off that for Black Friday sale. Plus $60 off for getting a store card, plus more discounts off our purchases of another $75. So I got them for a really good price. I have great luck on shoes for some reason. Found Bruno Magli at Rack for about 25% of retail last summer. I have suits tailored at John Daniel when they do 2 for 1. I am an attorney who likes to look like I own the room without actually paying that much. Need a good source for high end ties at 1/4 the price.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brand new here. Found this place because I was looking up info on the Santoni Laurence shoes I found yesterday at Nordstrom rack. They were on clearance at 60% off $950, plus 30% off that for Black Friday sale. Plus $60 off for getting a store card, plus more discounts off our purchases of another $75. So I got them for a really good price. I have great luck on shoes for some reason. Found Bruno Magli at Rack for about 25% of retail last summer. I have suits tailored at John Daniel when they do 2 for 1. I am an attorney who likes to look like I own the room without actually paying that much. Need a good source for high end ties at 1/4 the price.
Welcome JWilliams at law!

jtwo

Reaction score
Hi guys! My name is Justin and I'm a longtime lurker, finally looking to start posting as I add to my wardrobe in the coming months.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! My name is Justin and I'm a longtime lurker, finally looking to start posting as I add to my wardrobe in the coming months.
Justin, welcome to the forum!

BespokeNoob

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

Hi there

My name is Jae and I’m new to this forum. Based in the US.

I’ve been bitten by the bespoke bug and cannot turn back. However, I am having difficulty, as I’m a woman, in finding the quality with regard to suits, tailoring etc that is available to men. There’s a wealth of knowledge, and understandably so, with regard to men’s custom tailoring and resources but not so much for women.

I find suiting on ladies extremely sexy and feminine when done correctly.

Any recommendations with regard to bespoke and/or made-to-measure that knows how to create for women would be appreciated.

interested in suits, shirting, shoes and outerwear.

thanks!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there

My name is Jae and I’m new to this forum. Based in the US.

I’ve been bitten by the bespoke bug and cannot turn back. However, I am having difficulty, as I’m a woman, in finding the quality with regard to suits, tailoring etc that is available to men. There’s a wealth of knowledge, and understandably so, with regard to men’s custom tailoring and resources but not so much for women.

I find suiting on ladies extremely sexy and feminine when done correctly.

Any recommendations with regard to bespoke and/or made-to-measure that knows how to create for women would be appreciated.

interested in suits, shirting, shoes and outerwear.

thanks!
Hi Jae, welcome to the forum!

OGSuper200s

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is John and I'm new to this forum ... I discovered the forum while doing a search for learning how Brioni suits fit for men.
I'm fairly new to the world of actually beginning my wardrobe of quality menswear; however, I have had a long years appreciation for top quality suits and tailoring as I've been a big fan of classic menswear.
I would like to start a new routine for myself where I dress up at least twice a week no matter the occasion and spend the day well dressed.
I know what I like but I'm playing catch up with terms and trying to figure out how to explain what I like and am looking forward to learning about all things sartorial ...
I'm fascinated by ebay and other online stores who sell quality used designer clothes as well as new clothes.
My favorite designers thus far are Brioni, Cuccinili and Loro Piana. I'm discovering many more designers and boutique bespoke tailors and I'm hopeful the general quality of life and practical customs and etiquette might make a return for people in general.
Finally, I'm all of a sudden super enthusiastic about women who wear vintage style dress like Chanel and Gucci and am trying to find out who can create these classic designs for a woman who is size 12 thru 16 or plus size.
Thank you in advance and I will also lean towards making purchases thru the forum to help affiliate retailers and this site so send me links!
Oh! I'm a size 46L minimum and usually a 48R/L though sometimes a 50R so anyone with these size suits and clothes get to know me, lol!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads