• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So. Cal. brother, I'm based in L.A., happy to answer any questions that you may have. Welcome to the forum!

Adrian79

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm a long time lurker who has finally registered. I'm a Canadian currently working in Belgium, and my interests lean toward Selvedge denim and vintage Filson.

Nick Mundo

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Nick and I am a 26 year old from Charleston, South Carolina. I have been in the men's style game for roughly 6 years and have learned a ton from various forums, youtube videos, articles, and mentors in my life and would be happy to spread my knowledge as well as continue to learn more myself!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All, I'm a long time lurker who has finally registered. I'm a Canadian currently working in Belgium, and my interests lean toward Selvedge denim and vintage Filson.
Welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Nick and I am a 26 year old from Charleston, South Carolina. I have been in the men's style game for roughly 6 years and have learned a ton from various forums, youtube videos, articles, and mentors in my life and would be happy to spread my knowledge as well as continue to learn more myself!
Hello Nick, welcome to the forum!

jjpp

Reaction score
I am Joel, I live in Canada, I like traveling, writing and reading. I hope to discuss soon with others

MauricXe

Reaction score
Heya,

I live in Northern California but I'm from the midwest. Go Buckeyes!!!!!

I've been slowly upgrading my wardrobe over the last year. I usually wear jeans, button down shirts (my favorites are from Charles Tyrwhitt and Brooks Brothers Red fleece oxfords), and minimalist sneakers or boots. I've recently branched out to chinos (hey Bonobos). It's getting a tad chilly so I've been purchasing more sweaters.

My flashest pair of dress shoes are Magnanni's I picked up from Saks. I'm still mulling over where to buy my next cap toe oxfords. So far, AE Park Avenue's have my attention.

My recent big purchase was a custom suit. I'm looking forward to my company's holiday party...it will be the first time I wear it.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heya,

I live in Northern California but I'm from the midwest. Go Buckeyes!!!!!

I've been slowly upgrading my wardrobe over the last year. I usually wear jeans, button down shirts (my favorites are from Charles Tyrwhitt and Brooks Brothers Red fleece oxfords), and minimalist sneakers or boots. I've recently branched out to chinos (hey Bonobos). It's getting a tad chilly so I've been purchasing more sweaters.

My flashest pair of dress shoes are Magnanni's I picked up from Saks. I'm still mulling over where to buy my next cap toe oxfords. So far, AE Park Avenue's have my attention.

My recent big purchase was a custom suit. I'm looking forward to my company's holiday party...it will be the first time I wear it.
Hello there, a shout out to No Cal and them Buckeyes. It sounds as if you've done a bit of shopping lately. I'm happy to assist you in helping to make your choice of oxfords. Shoot us some photos of what you had in mind. Welcome to the forum!

MauricXe

Reaction score
Hello there, a shout out to No Cal and them Buckeyes. It sounds as if you've done a bit of shopping lately. I'm happy to assist you in helping to make your choice of oxfords. Shoot us some photos of what you had in mind. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, my wallet has been under assault haha. I WAS gonna take a small break then...black friday showed up ;)

As for oxfords, I have two in mind. 2 of them are from AE. The other is from Ace Marks.

AceMarks
AE Park Avenue

I've tried the Park Avenue's on irl. My size is a 12.5.

I've never tried AceMarks and I'm always hesitant to buy shoes online without trying them on. I know I can return them but I rather not be bothered haha.

I really like the bottom of the Ace Marks. I know nobody is gonna see them, but I really like the sole...in particular the nails on the heel.

Any thoughts on rubber soles?

I don't quite need them yet, so I'm more than likely gonna wait.

Last edited:

skatingdesigns

Reaction score
I am a professional online marketer work on Skating Designs online store. Skating Designs specialize in figure skating dresses, ice skating dresses, Polartec clothing and accessories, and matching doll dresses that fit American girl dolls.
Want to know more visit our website - https://www.skatingdesigns.com

GoergeH

Reaction score
Hello, I've joined in order to learn more about bespoke tailoring and classic menswear, in general. I plan on commissioning a suit, blazer, and couple pairs of odd trousers in the Neopolitan style, if I can settle on a tailor and organize an appointment. I'm on the east coast but not in New York, so there is an extra bit of logistics involved for me.

At work, I'm usually [over-]dressed in a navy blazer and gray trousers with either a knit polo or an OCBD underneath and tassel loafers. On weekends, the trousers get swapped for jeans or chinos and white sneakers.

Hanto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Antonio. 28 based in UK. Been lurking for a while but finally looking to get involved!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, my wallet has been under assault haha. I WAS gonna take a small break then...black friday showed up ;)

As for oxfords, I have two in mind. 2 of them are from AE. The other is from Ace Marks.

AceMarks
AE Park Avenue

I've tried the Park Avenue's on irl. My size is a 12.5.

I've never tried AceMarks and I'm always hesitant to buy shoes online without trying them on. I know I can return them but I rather not be bothered haha.

I really like the bottom of the Ace Marks. I know nobody is gonna see them, but I really like the sole...in particular the nails on the heel.

Any thoughts on rubber soles?

I don't quite need them yet, so I'm more than likely gonna wait.
Hi there, I'm not familiar AceMarks, cannot comment on their quality. They seem affordable. Personally, I would never buy any shoes 'sight unseen'. I would wait, save your money and buy a proven quality product & try them on in person, in a store for sure.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I've joined in order to learn more about bespoke tailoring and classic menswear, in general. I plan on commissioning a suit, blazer, and couple pairs of odd trousers in the Neopolitan style, if I can settle on a tailor and organize an appointment. I'm on the east coast but not in New York, so there is an extra bit of logistics involved for me.

At work, I'm usually [over-]dressed in a navy blazer and gray trousers with either a knit polo or an OCBD underneath and tassel loafers. On weekends, the trousers get swapped for jeans or chinos and white sneakers.
Welcome aboard!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads