• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lance Link

Reaction score
Hi all, Lance here in upstate/western NY.

Similar to a few other posters, I’m a bit of a thrift store man. At well over 6 feet, I get as giddy as a schoolgirl when I find upscale clothing that not only fits my body well, but has either the correct sleeve or leg length, or enough material to let either or both of them out.

I typically wear jeans and a polo, but looking to upgrade a lot of my wardrobe to suits, blazers, and dress pants (especially after losing around 60 pounds over the last couple of years).

Stumbled across this forum after a Google search of what to look for when buying secondhand as it pertains to the aforementioned necessary material to let out (and how to tell if there’s enough beyond the stitching).

Thank you for having me, and I not only look forward to learning more, but helping where I can.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Lance here in upstate/western NY.

Similar to a few other posters, I’m a bit of a thrift store man. At well over 6 feet, I get as giddy as a schoolgirl when I find upscale clothing that not only fits my body well, but has either the correct sleeve or leg length, or enough material to let either or both of them out.

I typically wear jeans and a polo, but looking to upgrade a lot of my wardrobe to suits, blazers, and dress pants (especially after losing around 60 pounds over the last couple of years).

Stumbled across this forum after a Google search of what to look for when buying secondhand as it pertains to the aforementioned necessary material to let out (and how to tell if there’s enough beyond the stitching).

Thank you for having me, and I not only look forward to learning more, but helping where I can.
You're welcome brother and welcome to the forum!

JaShredder

Reaction score
Hello Mortals,

Jose here born & raised in beautiful Southern California (The OC). Currently living and working in the northern California Bay area.

Like most folk here, I'm always looking for the best bargains and deals and mostly buy second hand. I love clothes and enjoy thrifting and looking through the racks to find those gems to flip or keep depending on size and fit of course. Most of my wardrobe consist of plain Tshirts, selvedge jeans and Designer jackets that bring me joy. I own one JCpenney suit that I bought 7 years ago and wore for like 6 months straight while working at bank and it still fits as i wear it to any and all interviews I have.

Looking to learn more on the Art of the Thrift as there is plenty of experience here I see. Looking forward to being active on this here forum as it is filled with clothing enthusiasts. Cheers Y'all!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Mortals,

Jose here born & raised in beautiful Southern California (The OC). Currently living and working in the northern California Bay area.

Like most folk here, I'm always looking for the best bargains and deals and mostly buy second hand. I love clothes and enjoy thrifting and looking through the racks to find those gems to flip or keep depending on size and fit of course. Most of my wardrobe consist of plain Tshirts, selvedge jeans and Designer jackets that bring me joy. I own one JCpenney suit that I bought 7 years ago and wore for like 6 months straight while working at bank and it still fits as i wear it to any and all interviews I have.

Looking to learn more on the Art of the Thrift as there is plenty of experience here I see. Looking forward to being active on this here forum as it is filled with clothing enthusiasts. Cheers Y'all!
Hello Jose, welcome to the forum!

cozy_climb

Reaction score
Hey yall. I'm Matthew. I'm a game designer and professor, plus I have an unhealthy obsession with Mountain Research and Kapital. I post on reddit, instagram, and some fashion discords occasionally, but wanted something a little more structured to ramble on about clothes. Nice to meet ya! Cheers!!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Tomas, my friends call me Saule, whatever that my be :) I am a normal guy who likes surfing. I have never been in the forums, but I heard a lot good opinions about these kind of forums. My girlfriend started to be active member in another this kind of forum. That's why i decided to try. I hope it will be fun and I'll get so much great information about style.
Welcome Saule!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey yall. I'm Matthew. I'm a game designer and professor, plus I have an unhealthy obsession with Mountain Research and Kapital. I post on reddit, instagram, and some fashion discords occasionally, but wanted something a little more structured to ramble on about clothes. Nice to meet ya! Cheers!!
Hey Matthew, welcome to the forum!

pegthaniel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm pegthaniel. Have been interested in fashion (via reddit) for quite some time but never made my way onto here. Excited to be here, I'm a fan of denim in particular--I have pairs from Rogue Territory, Pure Blue Japan, The Strike Gold, and Iron Heart.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm pegthaniel. Have been interested in fashion (via reddit) for quite some time but never made my way onto here. Excited to be here, I'm a fan of denim in particular--I have pairs from Rogue Territory, Pure Blue Japan, The Strike Gold, and Iron Heart.
Welcome to the forum!

Paulbaaijens

Reaction score
Hi mates!

My name is Paul and I’m from the Netherlands. I’m a denimhead and wear dry selvages. I’m interested in selling some of my long worn Japanese denim on this forum! Hope to see you around :)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi mates!

My name is Paul and I’m from the Netherlands. I’m a denimhead and wear dry selvages. I’m interested in selling some of my long worn Japanese denim on this forum! Hope to see you around :)
Paul, welcome to the forum!

OverdressedNW

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm overdressed northwest and I am new to StyleForum. My interests in clothing trend towards the menswear/workwear realm, and I hail from the Pacific Northwest, so performance in long, rainy winters is a must.

My wardrobe draws a lot from my past jobs in retail, where I was lucky enough to acquire a LOT of free or deeply discounted product. I wear lots of Arc'teryx Veilance, and old remakes and mannequin fits from a certain prevalent made-to-measure suiting company. Although I often look out of place in my city, I appreciate well-made menswear.

I am currently shopping exclusively from secondhand and vintage menswear stores for brands like Prada, Dries Van Noten, Burberry and the like (instead of buying new). I am an avid follower of the DieWorkwear blog and write about fashion and lifestlye in my spare time.

Now, help me spend my money on something nice.

-ONW

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm overdressed northwest and I am new to StyleForum. My interests in clothing trend towards the menswear/workwear realm, and I hail from the Pacific Northwest, so performance in long, rainy winters is a must.

My wardrobe draws a lot from my past jobs in retail, where I was lucky enough to acquire a LOT of free or deeply discounted product. I wear lots of Arc'teryx Veilance, and old remakes and mannequin fits from a certain prevalent made-to-measure suiting company. Although I often look out of place in my city, I appreciate well-made menswear.

I am currently shopping exclusively from secondhand and vintage menswear stores for brands like Prada, Dries Van Noten, Burberry and the like (instead of buying new). I am an avid follower of the DieWorkwear blog and write about fashion and lifestlye in my spare time.

Now, help me spend my money on something nice.

-ONW
Welcome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads