• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

topnotchgear

Reaction score
Hi I'm topnotch. I have looked up things on styleforum for some time now. Decided to go ahead and join. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Carlos Santos Chelsea boot in Coimbra patina from Herrring shoes. My brannock device shoe size is 9. I was advised to get a 7.5UK, as a do wear inserts in my shoes to keep them happy. Any insight would be great as far as the fit of those particular shoes and the sizing from US to UK

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm topnotch. I have looked up things on styleforum for some time now. Decided to go ahead and join. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Carlos Santos Chelsea boot in Coimbra patina from Herrring shoes. My brannock device shoe size is 9. I was advised to get a 7.5UK, as a do wear inserts in my shoes to keep them happy. Any insight would be great as far as the fit of those particular shoes and the sizing from US to UK

Check out this thread, your question would be right at home here!
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/boots-boots-boots-for-boot-guys-only.450433/page-618#post-9693713

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Great thread cuz, I believe I'm a boot guy

I am also a boot guy, that thread includes an incredibly diverse group of styles and knowledge.

I own no Santos so could not provide any direct help.

topnotchgear

Reaction score
I am also a boot guy, that thread includes an incredibly diverse group of styles and knowledge.

I own no Santos so could not provide any direct help.
No problem, thanks for taking the time. I'm reading through it right now like a crack fiend, or should I say shoe fiend. So much info on boots, which I prefer to regular shoes. I finally found some kindred spirits.

The Thrifter

Reaction score
Hey guys, girls, peoples...The Thrifter has arrived! Los Angeles native. I indulge in the procurement of previously enjoyed luxury goods....Ok I shop at the Goodwill. But I always find AWESOME stuff. It started as an eBay selling business but has evolved into me building my collection of some really nice clothes, shoes and jewelry. Thanks for having me!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, girls, peoples...The Thrifter has arrived! Los Angeles native. I indulge in the procurement of previously enjoyed luxury goods....Ok I shop at the Goodwill. But I always find AWESOME stuff. It started as an eBay selling business but has evolved into me building my collection of some really nice clothes, shoes and jewelry. Thanks for having me!
The Thrifter, welcome to the forum. I too am a fellow Angeleno. Please shout me out if you have any questions.

CCF

Reaction score
Hello. I am addicted to purchasing Filson goods and have been for many years. I found styleforum mixed in with some Google search results when browsing for information on a Filson bag. I live in the midsouth (Memphis TN) and work as a Software Engineer for a pediatric cancer research hospital.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear Filson addict, while I must confess that I do empathize with your passion for Filson, I suggest that you consider a step program for recovery. All on this list are made in the USA.

1. Revo Luna
2. Flowfold
3. Frost River
4. Green Guru
4.Wolfman *Do not pack this bag under a full moon
5. MIS - Make It Simple
6. Mystery Ranch
7. Topo Designs
8. DSPTCH
9. Chrome Industries
10. Triple Aught Design
11. Defy Bags
12. Killspencer

(Btw, in no way, shape or form do I mean to trivialize those struggling with addiction, or recovery programs such as AA)

Welcome to the forum!

Dr38moto

Reaction score
Hello Folks. I go by the name Doc. I am a retired college professor as well as executive and musician for a major record company. I currently work with my wife who is a fashion designer and former teacher of fashion. I enjoy cooking, travel and composing music. I also photograph my wife's garments and models for our business. I look forward to communicating with others to get up to speed on new opportunities for manufacturers and tailors. We provide Custom Fashion Designs for men and women.

Dr38moto

Reaction score
We are looking for Tailors and manufacturers in Italy to contract with for our business. We currently use tailors in Shanghai, China but would prefer to find sources that are closer and do quality work to meet our specifications and designs. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. We only do Custom High End apparel for men and women.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks. I go by the name Doc. I am a retired college professor as well as executive and musician for a major record company. I currently work with my wife who is a fashion designer and former teacher of fashion. I enjoy cooking, travel and composing music. I also photograph my wife's garments and models for our business. I look forward to communicating with others to get up to speed on new opportunities for manufacturers and tailors. We provide Custom Fashion Designs for men and women.
Hello Doc, welcome to the forum!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wellcome Doc!

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Thomas from Belgium. Happy husband and just recently father of a boy.
Landed here while looking for the perfect briefcase.
I like quality and craftsmanship.
Looks like I'm in a good place to discuss that.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Thomas,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the birth of your son! Can you be more specific in what defines the perfect briefcase for you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads