• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Auntie Deb! I do tailoring and dressmaking. Been sewing for more than 30 years. Current occupation is Tailor at a men's clothing store. That's all folks!
Hello Auntie Deb, "sufferin' succotash", welcome to our forum!

bhappyz

Reaction score
Hello fellow forumer, Chai here from Malaysia.
Loved to read about men fashion. I believe this is the good place to explore !

Premise

Reaction score
Hey I’m Heath. Married, two kids, work for the railroad. I’ve always dressed ok. Just ok until recently. Always been into sunglasses, watches, and cars. In the last year I’ve learned much more about proper fit of clothing. Before I started paying attention to proper fit I always wore clothes much to baggy, especially jeans. After figuring out what jeans properly fit me, then the rest of it started to follow. Starting through the journey into the whole world of denim now which has been kick started by noticing that I think Levi’s just recently discontinued my favorite non stretch 511 selvage. The couple of pairs I have now will last me a long time though I’m now looking for what’s next and plan to get something else as well.

lognaa

Reaction score
My name is Logan. I'm currently engaged and live in New England on the seacoast. When I'm at work, I dress corporate; a button down, slacks, and a tie with black oxfords. When I'm not at work, I'm wearing a casual button down with a pocket, grey chinos or slim fitting dark washed jeans, and either my black Sperry twill sneakers or dark blue Adidas campus shoes. I don't have a lot of clothing to choose from so I basically have a set style.

I joined the forum to expand my wardrobe and change my style a little bit. My work attire is sort of lame and I don't really take it too seriously... (I mean, it's men's attire so you really can't get too crazy -- especially in the kind of office I work in.)
I feel like my casual clothes I currently wear are getting old and I'd like to freshen things up a bit.

All the best,
Logan

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I’m Heath. Married, two kids, work for the railroad. I’ve always dressed ok. Just ok until recently. Always been into sunglasses, watches, and cars. In the last year I’ve learned much more about proper fit of clothing. Before I started paying attention to proper fit I always wore clothes much to baggy, especially jeans. After figuring out what jeans properly fit me, then the rest of it started to follow. Starting through the journey into the whole world of denim now which has been kick started by noticing that I think Levi’s just recently discontinued my favorite non stretch 511 selvage. The couple of pairs I have now will last me a long time though I’m now looking for what’s next and plan to get something else as well.
Hi Heath, check out AG Jeans for good quality moderately priced selvage. For higher end, more expensive fashionable jeans wear check out Acne (yes, the name's not particularly enticing, but excellent quality).
For any real denim & jeans aficionado I highly recommend checking out Two Jacks Denim. I've personally visited their retail shop in Oakland. Tommy, the owner and "President" of Two Jacks is a plethora of denim knowledge and history. It's no wonder that Japanese denim collectors flock to his shop! twojacksdenim.com

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm Andrew. Married, no children but trying - work as COO for a private label clothing producer. I've dressed moderately well since after college. Live in LA and workplace is pretty casual so don't get to dress as much as I'd like, but I try to do well for social affairs. Most days are jeans and a button down with anything else dependent on the weather. I like to pretend LA is cold enough to justify a peacoat in winter.
I've been doing bespoke suiting for a while, recently been focused on upping my shoe game.
Longtime unregistered lurker. Registered so I could ask some questions when I see interesting things pop up.

kazusano

Reaction score
Hi all! I am actually a returning member, but I think it's been so long since I posted that my account got deleted. I used to post under "ks," and I have a couple of posts that were questions and (I think) some comments. But, I'm back. In San Francisco. Tend to be a lurker. Love bespoke, but can't afford it. Did get a Sam Hober 7 fold tie based on reviews on this site. Also, getting my second pair of Lobb (London) shoes in a month, so I'm very excited about that. Other than that, for the most part, I just dream about bespoke based on the posts I read here. Thanks for having me back!

hydro_logic

Reaction score
What's up guys and gals! I'm getting married in October and I really want to research how to dress properly for it. Look forward to learning from all you.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm Andrew. Married, no children but trying - work as COO for a private label clothing producer. I've dressed moderately well since after college. Live in LA and workplace is pretty casual so don't get to dress as much as I'd like, but I try to do well for social affairs. Most days are jeans and a button down with anything else dependent on the weather. I like to pretend LA is cold enough to justify a peacoat in winter.
I've been doing bespoke suiting for a while, recently been focused on upping my shoe game.
Longtime unregistered lurker. Registered so I could ask some questions when I see interesting things pop up.
Hello Andrew, lurk no more. This fellow Angeleno welcomes you to the forum. Let us know if you have any questions.

liamfelsen

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Liam. I’m an attorney in Louisville and I am learning more about Men’s fashion. Enjoy dressing up,for work and down when not working. Hard to really pin down my style. Looking forward to exploring, appreciate the site being here!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m Liam. I’m an attorney in Louisville and I am learning more about Men’s fashion. Enjoy dressing up,for work and down when not working. Hard to really pin down my style. Looking forward to exploring, appreciate the site being here!
Hi Liam, welcome to the forum!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Name is Sei,

Currently living in Tokyo, Japan.

In the past I've been a fan of more "mode" fashion styles, like Rick Owens, or Yohji Yamamoto. However, I had my very first suit made last summer, and have been hooked on the sartorial/tailored look since. Currently trying to build up my sartorial wardrobe one step at a time.

The ideal would be to somehow be able to mix guidi boots with tailored slacks or something, but I'll have to think and work on that on the side.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Welcome Sei!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Welcome @liamfelsen - i'd say remain unpinned, having an open mind make things more interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads