• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScatterBrains

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Well gosh I dunno what to say, I'm studyin' programming, I have a full-time gig (boring as heck), I tend to like higher end things. I tend to be specific and go for more classics with hints of modernism. I don't generally go for "trendy". Just your average happy go lucky looney toon, here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Well gosh I dunno what to say, I'm studyin' programming, I have a full-time gig (boring as heck), I tend to like higher end things. I tend to be specific and go for more classics with hints of modernism. I don't generally go for "trendy". Just your average happy go lucky looney toon, here.
Abad-eh, abad-eh, abad-eh, wuh wuh welcome!

JW14

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I'm semi new to the forum. Been watching but haven't really added anything in a while. So here goes... I'm really into the Alden Blue shoes this year. Two new recent purchases
blue Aldens.jpg

pwong64

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. Middle age straight guy - business casual ranging Ben Sherman, Ted Baker, Banana Republic (great fit for my size), J Crew, RRL, Hugo Boss, Bespoke Suits and shirts
Love shoes and boots - Loake, Church, Grenson, Kickers, Edward Green, Crockett & Jones, Grant Stone, Cole Haan, Rockport, Viberg, Ralph Lauren, Genesee, Florsheim
Jeans - selvedge Gustin Jeans (quality went down hill - owned 4 pairs), custom-made ones from India, Japanese Denim
Car - M3, 911, Boxster
HiFi nuts - Dunlavy SC-IV speakers, KT-88 Class-A tube amp
TV (home theater) - LG OLED, Denon Receiver with Dunlavy center and surround + Velodyne DD-15 sub
Health nuts - into natural homeopathic therapies - cured my life-long allergy, gout, acid reflux, etc. - lost all the extra inches around my waist and dropped 20 lbs from my peak
Sports - tennis, badminton, squash, snowboarding, fishing
Love to travel
Foodie - love to eat out (cheap street food to fine dining) - love to cook and pretty good at it.
Love to sing - Karaoke system at home
Too many interest, too little time and $$$...sigh...

riccardogis

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Riccardo. I'm a designer, with a great passion for refined menswear. I love tailoring as well as casualwear..any product can have a soul and a great appeal if conceived in the right way. Why am I here? I have just launched my own venture and having been a reader of this blog for a long time, I thought it was time to be properly part of the community and exchange ideas over style and beautiful products.

I love things made to last with a timeless appeal and always attracted by brands that have a strong message that goes beyond the product itself.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here. Middle age straight guy - business casual ranging Ben Sherman, Ted Baker, Banana Republic (great fit for my size), J Crew, RRL, Hugo Boss, Bespoke Suits and shirts
Love shoes and boots - Loake, Church, Grenson, Kickers, Edward Green, Crockett & Jones, Grant Stone, Cole Haan, Rockport, Viberg, Ralph Lauren, Genesee, Florsheim
Jeans - selvedge Gustin Jeans (quality went down hill - owned 4 pairs), custom-made ones from India, Japanese Denim
Car - M3, 911, Boxster
HiFi nuts - Dunlavy SC-IV speakers, KT-88 Class-A tube amp
TV (home theater) - LG OLED, Denon Receiver with Dunlavy center and surround + Velodyne DD-15 sub
Health nuts - into natural homeopathic therapies - cured my life-long allergy, gout, acid reflux, etc. - lost all the extra inches around my waist and dropped 20 lbs from my peak
Sports - tennis, badminton, squash, snowboarding, fishing
Love to travel
Foodie - love to eat out (cheap street food to fine dining) - love to cook and pretty good at it.
Love to sing - Karaoke system at home
Too many interest, too little time and $$$...sigh...
Welcome aboard!

Henry Li

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

New member, new college student from Oregon, in California for college. I am a 6ft 2inch Chinese male with a passion for history and older television and movies. When I said "passion", I meant that I know little on each subject, but I enjoy learning more. In high school, my social status tended to be "the weird asian kid". I was the first to wear glasses out of my peers in first grade (everyone else seemed to need new ones more often, oddly enough), one of four students to take the TAG test (only one that failed miserably), last to learn to cuss, last to have a cell phone (2014), etc. Oh, I almost became a Duke in the Principality of Sealand this year. (y'know, that platform off the coast of the UK that claims to be a country), but decided a laptop was a better choice. Also, my family insists that I'm gay, and didn't believe me when I told them about my crush on a girl from my sophomore year history class, or that the guy I always hangout with has been my best friend since elementary school (They saw me give him a suit once, but that was on his request for our high school graduation. My family also insists that the way I hugged him was proof that I am gay, but that is because we've known each other so long that we consider each other family and he was announced as Salutatorian. How could I not be proud of someone I consider a brother?)

To most of the people on this forum, I'm probably a "noob/newbie" at classic menswear. In high school, I only ever wore a button-up dress shirt (sometimes with tie, sweater, vest, suit jacket/sport coat) or a T-shirt and basketball shorts. It may seem like a dramatic change in outfits, but it made sense to me. the T-shirt and shorts let me fit in if I wanted to, and were more comfortable during the summer, when I played basketball with friends; the shirt and slacks were otherwise more comfortable, and helped me show who I am. Yes, I am that person that wore a black suit to classes or presentations. Yes, I used to only wear a black necktie. Now, I still wear my black suits, but that's because I like them. (Yes, I realise that I will eventually ease out of that phase.) Now in college, I show up to lectures wearing a suit and tie. So far, the only person that seems to judge me for this is my roommate, who only commented on my using suspenders rather than a belt.

You're probably asking yourself why I typed so much about my clothing history. That's because I view it as a big part of my identity that nobody has ever really heard from me. So, uh, I'm bad at goodbyes, so toodles?

Last edited:

spokebe

Reaction score
Hello Styleforum,

I'm relatively new to the fashion industry. I've worked in hospitality, charity, and plethora of other jobs before flittering down in a custom suit shop in Toronto.

I'm here to learn more, improve my style, show-off from time to time, and ask for advice.

I look forward to becoming an active member of this community.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings, everyone!

New member, new college student from Oregon, in California for college. I am a 6ft 2inch Chinese male with a passion for history and older television and movies. When I said "passion", I meant that I know little on each subject, but I enjoy learning more. In high school, my social status tended to be "the weird asian kid". I was the first to wear glasses out of my peers in first grade (everyone else seemed to need new ones more often, oddly enough), one of four students to take the TAG test (only one that failed miserably), last to learn to cuss, last to have a cell phone (2014), etc. Oh, I almost became a Duke in the Principality of Sealand this year. (y'know, that platform off the coast of the UK that claims to be a country), but decided a laptop was a better choice. Also, my family insists that I'm gay, and didn't believe me when I told them about my crush on a girl from my sophomore year history class, or that the guy I always hangout with has been my best friend since elementary school (They saw me give him a suit once, but that was on his request for our high school graduation. My family also insists that the way I hugged him was proof that I am gay, but that is because we've known each other so long that we consider each other family and he was announced as Salutatorian. How could I not be proud of someone I consider a brother?)

To most of the people on this forum, I'm probably a "noob/newbie" at classic menswear. In high school, I only ever wore a button-up dress shirt (sometimes with tie, sweater, vest, suit jacket/sport coat) or a T-shirt and basketball shorts. It may seem like a dramatic change in outfits, but it made sense to me. the T-shirt and shorts let me fit in if I wanted to, and were more comfortable during the summer, when I played basketball with friends; the shirt and slacks were otherwise more comfortable, and helped me show who I am. Yes, I am that person that wore a black suit to classes or presentations. Yes, I used to only wear a black necktie. Now, I still wear my black suits, but that's because I like them. (Yes, I realise that I will eventually ease out of that phase.) Now in college, I show up to lectures wearing a suit and tie. So far, the only person that seems to judge me for this is my roommate, who only commented on my using suspenders rather than a belt.

You're probably asking yourself why I typed so much about my clothing history. That's because I view it as a big part of my identity that nobody has ever really heard from me. So, uh, I'm bad at goodbyes, so toodles?
Hello Henry, welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Styleforum,

I'm relatively new to the fashion industry. I've worked in hospitality, charity, and plethora of other jobs before flittering down in a custom suit shop in Toronto.

I'm here to learn more, improve my style, show-off from time to time, and ask for advice.

I look forward to becoming an active member of this community.
Spokebe, welcome to the forum. What are your questions? Feel free to ask away.

jolamay

Reaction score
I am Jolamay.

I started working as an attorney about 8 years ago and luckily got a job at a startup that somehow turned into me running my own bag company. I am not obsessed with fashion or really anything beyond my wife and kids, but I do like to look nice and know about up and coming brands that fit my simple style. My simple style consists of jeans, blank t-shirts, and leather sneakers. However, finding comfortable and durable jeans and t-shirts is a lot more complicated than I would have ever expected. I spend most of my limited Instagram time looking for comfortable leather sneakers that aren't crazy expensive.

AecioSouza

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,
I'm Aecio, 27, I'm a collegue teacher, politics and risk management. Honestly I've frequented StyleForum the last year and I've got the best style advise ever. Now that I'm a better dressed man I hope I can contribute in anything.

My current style is:
CASUAL: all black / all white sneakers and jeans with plain t shirts, polos, and rugged looking shirts like denim, linen, and flannel.
DRESSY: brown wingtips and captoes; charcoal, gray and brown slacks; white/blue shirts; striped ties; navy and grey blazer; and NO BELT.
NOW: at home you can't bribe me into dumping the joggers.

I hope this find you gentlemen, real fine. See you soon!

HeadsFreds

Reaction score
Hey there, this is Sam from Head's Freds. I love late 60's-early 70' Suedehead styles.

fourdoggies

Reaction score
Hi all,
It seems like most of the time when I google for information on a pair of shoes, I end up reading threads here so I figured it was about time to join.

I wear suits everyday, but right now I'm mostly interested in building a shoe collection, but especially Aldens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads