• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

michaellosauro

Reaction score
I'm Michael. I've lurked SF daily for the better part of 2 years, created an account a few months ago, and am finally introducing myself.

I wear jeans (3Sixteen), boots (Red Wings, Allen Edmonds), and other workwear quite a bit due to snow-filled winters and motorcycle-filled summers.
Sweaters (Inis Meain, Eidos, SNS Herning, Howlin', etc.) are my favorite part of winter, and I spend a good chunk of summer in loafers and breezy, Italian-inspired casualwear.

And because someone took a picture of me recently, I'll include the closest thing I have to a fit pic.

CFF9BC7E-CD5E-4A1E-A8C5-70D7CD7C9002.jpg

Eidos
Levi's
Hudson

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Michael. I've lurked SF daily for the better part of 2 years, created an account a few months ago, and am finally introducing myself.

I wear jeans (3Sixteen), boots (Red Wings, Allen Edmonds), and other workwear quite a bit due to snow-filled winters and motorcycle-filled summers.
Sweaters (Inis Meain, Eidos, SNS Herning, Howlin', etc.) are my favorite part of winter, and I spend a good chunk of summer in loafers and breezy, Italian-inspired casualwear.

And because someone took a picture of me recently, I'll include the closest thing I have to a fit pic.

View attachment 989115

Eidos
Levi's
Hudson
Lookin' good my man. Inis Meain, superb!

SKAFIEND

Reaction score

View attachment 989115

Eidos
Levi's
Hudson
Red wings are Texas skinhead style.

Must Create

Reaction score
Hello SF,

Name is Mike Tracz and I am a designer and creator of fine things. Mostly acoustic instruments until recently (sort of) exploring apparel/accessories. I thought to share my first footwear accessory since this community is the reason I took the plunge and invested in quality boots. Many nights on this forum... thank you to all that take the time to post and reply.

They are called MUST - Speed Rivets and attach to the top 4 eyelets of 6" boots. They were created because I wanted to travel with my boots but it took too long getting in and out of them in line at the airport. It turns out they work and there are probably a dozen prototype sets out there (friends and family) that haven't come back yet... I have had them on two of mine for 2 years now and have gone through 20+ prototypes to land where I am at with the confidence to share with discerning group like this. Below is a photo of the MUST - Speed Rivets on a pair of Oakstreet Trench boot to visualize what I've been dancing around.

must-speedrivets-oakstreet-comp+(13).jpg

If you have time/interest I invite you to learn more at the link below. I'd love your feedback and know that I have completed a small run and have a few sets available if you or someone you know might want to try them.

https://www.mustcreate.co/studio/

Thank you for your time and for your help so far. Enjoy your day!

Mike Tracz
Must Create
https://www.mustcreate.co

SGTROCK

Reaction score

View attachment 989115

Eidos
Levi's
Hudson
Nice look, What is the make of your shoes?

allysgp

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.
I am looking for a pair of size 43 (US10) red Common Projects, model 1854. Prefer new but will consider slightly used. Let me know if you have any for sale or know where I can find a pair. Thanks.

Caaaaarrrrrll

Reaction score
My name is Carl. I recently graduated college and started losing some unnecessary weight, which made me want to dress better as well.

I know to buy quality over quantity, but I really struggle with colors and patterns. I guess I wound my way here because I am going to a wedding in a month and want to look like I know what I'm doing. I purchased a navy suit (all I have is charcoal grey). Got a pair of big boy shoes (Allen Edmonds). And started to look around online for different colors and patterns that would go well with a navy suit and brown shoes.

Turns out there are a ton, so now I'm here for any advice on these things. And figured I'd browse for other typical newbie things on here as well.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Greetings! I am a consultant and work with a broad array of clients, each with their own dress code. My company services software/engineering offices that are very casual as well as financial services/insurance firms that are rigidly formal and everything in between, including highly fashion-conscious media and cosmetics companies. We also lead events which include military PT (boots, bloused cammies, etc.) and often feature hiking, fishing, and other outdoor activities along with conference room activities. Packing for week-long trips is always a challenge and is compounded when visiting multiple clients/events.

I'm really excited to have found SF and I'm looking forward to digging deeper into the great info I've seen thus far! To that end, I'd appreciate any advice you could give that will help a new user get up to speed. For example, it would be really useful if there were a current list or ranking of brands and/or retailers or some sort of "getting started" guide.

Thanks!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I've never seen this website (Hudson) before. Many of the styles seem comparable to that which I've seen offered for sale in the states, or that which is produced by/for American brands. Trask is one brand that comes to mind. How would you rate Hudson's quality and craftsmanship?

Brogue_Bro

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Steve! I graduated college a few years ago and as soon I was employed and earning a paycheck I instantly became interested in fashion. I started following FMF on reddit just picking and choosing what I like. I like colorful prints and casual wear although I am starting to eye more formal wear since I work in education. I like Engineered Garments and Our Legacy quite a bit as well as Freeman's Sporting Club. I look forward to interacting with a community and (hopefully) not just being a lurker.

SuitedCC_50

Reaction score
Hello - my name is Kyle! I'm new to the whole style thing but looking forward to getting some great tips from all of you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics