• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DapperAndy

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Jeremy. I'm 44 years old and I live in Oregon. I usually wear jeans and polo shirts, but I am looking to advance my career, so I want to become more fashion conscience. I am here looking for advice on clothing, shoes, and whatever else I may be able to find. I currently have the chance to buy a pair of Bruno Magli Martico shoes in dark brown for $70. This seems like a decent deal to me, but I don't really know stuff like this. That is why I am here. I want to know these things and I hope to learn a lot from everyone.
Welcome fellow Oregonian! Bend here.

shoewarma

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a 21 year old student studying biochemistry in university, and I'm really looking to change up my style to look more elegant and professional. I unfortunately never have the time to shop during the school year, so I just end up looking at stuff online. I mostly wear jeans and chinos with button-down shirts or sweaters depending on the season, but I've become very intrigued with classic men's clothing, especially shoes. I have the closet of the average student, and I would like to build it so that all the essentials are covered for now. I'm more of a shoe guy, so I invested in a few Goodyear welted shoes and am already feeling like a boss. I've been lurking for 6 months or so, but I finally gave in and joined because I will eventually need the help of the fine people of this forum. Looking forward to it!

Lyman

Reaction score
As I've made a few posts, I suppose it's only polite to introduce myself.

I come from the UK - London, specifically. I've long harboured an interest in classic menswear, a few years ago I started building a suit and sport-coat collection. As my resources are rather limited, I have had to depend on ebay and charity shops. I have been a long-time lurker on these forums and the knowledge which I've gained in that time has been absolutely invaluable. So, I suppose it's only right that I make my presence known and participate if and when I can.

Backhand

Reaction score
Hi,

Mimi Gardener Gates once told me, "you have such style." Not certain what she knows but I suspect what she does, somehow matters. I love tweed, turtlenecks and jackets. As a tall nordic guy I am constantly called Thor and I generally dont work hard to get noticed (the gates thing was brought on by wearing a black cabled turtleneck and grey velvet pants at a Seattle Art Museum event that I was visiting from out of town). I like tennis and am in the art world so most of my positions style-wise are not for everyone.

Last edited:

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. Lurking for about a year, decided to join in! Born in Belgium but bred in TX. No cowboy hat and boots here lol.

Sartoriental

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new to styleforum but have been reading posts over my friends shoulders. Thought it would be time to get involved and open up my own account.

I am based in London, UK and have been interested in menswear since a young age. I am particularly fascinated by the growing niche between sartorial menswear and workwear. I love the juxtoposition and would love to get to know people who are much more knowledgeable about the field than me. Of course I will try to chip in my two cents when I can but all in all I feel this is a great place with a well of knowledge I look forward to digging deep in.

Great to meet you all.

Sartoriental.

Reaction score
hello to All

I am here to learn and make friends of a similar persuasion in the finer things in life.

spend a little time in australia the old colony.

cheers

Charles Mars

Reaction score
For the last several years I've found myself wearing fedoras and sport jackets, and lately I've been wanting to know more about quality clothing. I plan to learn a lot on this forum. I have a question about vintage shoes. I picked up a pair of vintage men's dress shoes. Most of the brand name has worn off, but I can still see "NARI". Does anyone here have any idea what brand of shoe that would be?

Cassadine

Reaction score
Glad to be aboard. I've lurked for roughly a year, and have garnered an array of information. I decided to join primarily because of a d'avenza thread I lurked about last night wherein an eBay merchant whose wares had caught my attention was involved. He seemed knowledgable and his store is simply loaded. I believe the thread title was something along the lines of "For the love of d'avenza" or something of that nature. Very interesting that the consensus seems to be that the d'avenza merch from 3 primary vendors is from the pre-Cuccinelli period, and that the suits are of extremely high quality. I've purchased from one of the vendors in summer 2017--think it was a Brioni jacket. But I just pulled the trigger on a double breasted black pinstriped suit that is exactly what I was looking for. Vendor is ilcravattaiomatto and is located in Italy, so it might take awhile to get here near Pittsburgh.

$_57.JPG

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello.i am gazzy. i live in nigeria,Africa. I am into fashion consulting and promotions. I would love to explore the possibilities abound on this great forum to become better or probably,one of the best in my field. I would also love to make friends here. Thannks
Hello Gazzy, welcome to the forum.

megabiscoito

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Miguel from Portugal. I'm 39 years old and I hope I can learn and share new stylish stuff here in this forum.

SKAFIEND

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

SKAFIEND

Reaction score
Old school skinhead. Started out out SHARP and got tired of the politics so went Traditional. I sport Dickies and Sambas. Wool pea coat in the winter with a trilby. Wife beaters in the summer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads