• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!
My name is Isabelle. I'm a 23 year old, Jewish trans woman(she/her) from Columbus, Ohio.

Here's a quick about me: Currently I'm studying Political Science at OSU here in Columbus OH, but my real passion and hopefully career in the end is fashion and writing about fashion. Currently I write and am the editor in chief for ARCHIVE.pdf. I also do freelance work on the side when I have time. Currently my stuff is my dead name, Isaac(hoping to update that sooooooon). If I had to describe my style it'd be late 70s punk and or avant garde punkish stuff. Nice to be back on SF, can't wait to post more.
Hello Isabelle, I remember this era very well having been a teenager in NYC during the 70's. 'Punk chic' & cyber punk esthetics arrived some years after the actual punk movement had faded. Best wishes for you & your career in fashion. Let us know how it goes. Welcome to the forum!

Badger716

Reaction score
Hi all!

Fresh out of college guy in my early 20's who's interested in refining my style - the threads on Spier & Mackay and Jacques Marie Mage have led me to join StyleForum!

Working in tech, most everyone in the office wears jeans, tshirts, polos, etc. I like the idea of dressing well in the office, sticking to menswear staples that work, yet aren't too formal to outdress everyone at work. OCBDs are the workhorse of my wardrobe.

Glad to be here!

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Hi all!

Fresh out of college guy in my early 20's who's interested in refining my style - the threads on Spier & Mackay and Jacques Marie Mage have led me to join StyleForum!

Working in tech, most everyone in the office wears jeans, tshirts, polos, etc. I like the idea of dressing well in the office, sticking to menswear staples that work, yet aren't too formal to outdress everyone at work. OCBDs are the workhorse of my wardrobe.

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the site! It's always nice to see younger people with an interest in style! I was in my mid-40s before I got interested in it, so you'll be decades ahead of me by the time you reach my age! :). I hope you find what you are looking for in the Forums here. I've visited the Spier & Mackay store in Mississauga and they do have a wide range of clothes there that would interest you I'm sure...

Badger716

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! It's always nice to see younger people with an interest in style! I was in my mid-40s before I got interested in it, so you'll be decades ahead of me by the time you reach my age! :). I hope you find what you are looking for in the Forums here. I've visited the Spier & Mackay store in Mississauga and they do have a wide range of clothes there that would interest you I'm sure...

Thanks for the warm welcome Simon! I think I will, especially the Jacques Marie Mage thread. There's lively discussion there and I hope to get some advice regarding eyewear. Honestly I've always been a bit conscious about my glasses since getting them as a kid. I 100% think I look better without glasses, but alas I have a weird prescription and contacts don't really work (I tried, trust me. Bad candidate for lasik too).

Yeah I got an OCBD from Spier & Mackay and was immediately sold, got 2 more afterwards (The Ivy ones in particular, with a box pleat and a collar button on the back). Great bang for your buck, much better than the Uniqlo or Lands End ones I have IMO.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I’m so old now and so set in my ways (purchase history) I don’t know how to make a defining entry, here.
Also a bit late.
Just be merry! And RLPL has become a joke, now. Graduate to BC.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I’m so old now and so set in my ways (purchase history) I don’t know how to make a defining entry, here.
Also a bit late.
Just be merry! And RLPL has become a joke, now. Graduate to BC.
Hello Scuppers, just be merry is a fine defining sentiment. Welcome!

podz

Reaction score
Hello from Helsinki, Finland. 56 year old, straight empty nester living with my wife and two dogs, one of which is a spirited, young male Miniature Bull Terrier we affectionately call "Dude" and the other a Parsons Russell terrier ***** called "Megs". My wife says that I look like Bruce Willis, but I feel more like Denzel inside. My personality is sometimes brutish, sometimes gentlemanly, often witty with a dry sense of humour and it might be hard to tell when I'm bullshitting about something. My sartorial tastes are more in line with Daniel Craig and Marlon Brando and have indeed been heavily influenced by my spending many summers on Mykonos (the Greek island that Brando put on the map) and its adjacent island Tinos. Thus, my summer wardrobe heavily features linen and sandals. I absolutely hate wearing socks and shoes, and consider it a successful year if I can go from the beginning of May until the end of August without shoes. I famously packed for a one month long vacation in Greece without a single pair of socks or shoes. Despite my general hatred of wearing shoes, I do sport a collection of the only two brands I have found to fit my stupidly wide and tall feet: Clarks and Loake. Oh, and I daily a real AMG with an M156 engine, getting squiggly with it as often as I can while blasting 80's hair band metal. While our kitchen and table is exquisitely equipped, we do sarcastically look down upon people who own / use fish knives. Oh, and I have no shame so I am easily able to wear pink or purple. I hate everything yellow as well as collar buttons (front or back). And don't even get me started on dress shirts with chest pockets or short sleeves.

Last edited:

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello from Helsinki, Finland. 56 year old, straight empty nester living with my wife and two dogs, one of which is a spirited, young male Miniature Bull Terrier we affectionately call "Dude" and the other a Parsons Russell terrier ***** called "Megs". My wife says that I look like Bruce Willis, but I feel more like Denzel inside. My personality is sometimes brutish, sometimes gentlemanly, often witty with a dry sense of humour and it might be hard to tell when I'm bullshitting about something. My sartorial tastes are more in line with Daniel Craig and Marlon Brando and have indeed been heavily influenced by my spending many summers on Mykonos (the Greek island that Brando put on the map) and its adjacent island Tinos. Thus, my summer wardrobe heavily features linen and sandals. I absolutely hate wearing socks and shoes, and consider it a successful year if I can go from the beginning of May until the end of August without shoes. I famously packed for a one month long vacation in Greece without a single pair of socks or shoes. Despite my general hatred of wearing shoes, I do sport a collection of the only two brands I have found to fit my stupidly wide and tall feet: Clarks and Loake. Oh, and I daily a real AMG with an M156 engine, getting squiggly with it as often as I can while blasting 80's hair band metal. While our kitchen and table is exquisitely equipped, we do sarcastically look down upon people who own / use fish knives. Oh, and I have no shame so I am easily able to wear pink or purple. I hate everything yellow as well as collar buttons (front or back). And don't even get me started on dress shirts with chest pockets or short sleeves.
Hello Podz, that's quite an introduction that you've written. According to your wife you look like Bruce Willis (Godbless her!) but you feel more like Denzel. Sartorial tastes that are in line with Brando and DC and to top it off you have a killer car and you vacation in Mykonos. Awesome! That my brother is one cool description. One must admire a man who sets a high bar for himself. What the heck, one has to try, right? Martinis, guns & girls, anyone? Please consider my application if you're in need of a bodyguard & chauffeur! Lol! Lest I forget, welcome to the forum!

podz

Reaction score
Hello Podz, that's quite an introduction that you've written. According to your wife you look like Bruce Willis (Godbless her!) but you feel more like Denzel. Sartorial tastes that are in line with Brando and DC and to top it off you have a killer car and you vacation in Mykonos. Awesome! That my brother is one cool description. One must admire a man who sets a high bar for himself. What the heck, one has to try, right? Martinis, guns & girls, anyone? Please consider my application if you're in need of a bodyguard & chauffeur! Lol! Lest I forget, welcome to the forum!

Thanks Sinyo18. I will keep your application in mind. I'm looking forward to going through the threads here and seeing what others are up to, as well as discussing some of my new acquisitions. Is there a gloves thread?

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sinyo18. I will keep your application in mind. I'm looking forward to going through the threads here and seeing what others are up to, as well as discussing some of my new acquisitions. Is there a gloves thread?
Offhand (pun intended) I don't know. Try searching under gloves as a topic. Seek and ye shall find. Best wishes to you.

mortiz21

Reaction score
Hi,
i’m new here an i’m looking to just learn more about fashion in general, been trying to switch my purchases from instead of spending money on 3 average tees, make a big nice timeless purchase. Hence why i want to be around this forum, cause i am trying to find good deals and cool stuff.

podz

Reaction score
Hi,
i’m new here an i’m looking to just learn more about fashion in general, been trying to switch my purchases from instead of spending money on 3 average tees, make a big nice timeless purchase. Hence why i want to be around this forum, cause i am trying to find good deals and cool stuff.

Welcome!

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome! I admire your goal of buying less, better quality clothes. I'm doing the same thing and have found some good brand out there. Some of them have deals at times, some don't, but I look for quality and sustainability, and then save to buy the things that I really want :).

Good luck in your time here and I hope you're able to find all the information to help you put together the wardrobe and the lifestyle you seek!

Mocho22

Reaction score
sorry seems I posted twice by mistake

Last edited:

Mocho22

Reaction score
My name is Mocho and I'm excited to join this style forum. I have always been interested in fashion and personal style, and I'm looking forward to learning from and interacting with all of you.

I'm currently living in Los Angeles and working as a locksmith. In my free time, I enjoy music, woman, and trying out new fashion trends.I love experimenting with different looks and styles.

I'm always looking for new inspiration and ideas, so feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with me. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and participating in the discussions on this forum.

Thanks for having me!

Mocho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics