• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wabi Sabi

Reaction score
Hi all,
Adam here, from Japan. A long-time lurker of shoe discussions, finally signing up to chat about a cardigan. Strange times, eh.
Cheers.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Adam here, from Japan. A long-time lurker of shoe discussions, finally signing up to chat about a cardigan. Strange times, eh.
Cheers.
Hi Adam, strange times is a matter of perspective. I perfer to embrace all times as interesting. Good luck with the cardigan. Welcome to the forum!

Dane_in_US

Reaction score
Hi there, newbie here.

I'm in my mid fifties, originally from Denmark, but have lived in the US since 2003. I live part time in California and part time in Park City, UT. I have always appreciated a modern take on classic clothing, shoes, watches, etc. I focus a lot on "value" - I don't mind paying a little more for something if I know or think that it will last me a long time.

Recently I have starting really focusing on purchasing high quality items and have picked up an interest in bespoke shoemaking, shirts, suits, etc - and have been purchasing some new timepieces primarily from smaller independent watchmakers.

I look forward to learning a lot from all of you and sharing my experiences as well.

Regars,
Lars

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Lars, focusing on high quality items is a good thing. We're looking forward to hearing more from you. Welcome to the forum!

dces

Reaction score
Hello guys ,
Im Dominic , long time reader.

I decided to finally start making smart buys and investing my garments.
First of all I have to lose some weight and then I will have some savings for
future acquisitions.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys ,
Im Dominic , long time reader.

I decided to finally start making smart buys and investing my garments.
First of all I have to lose some weight and then I will have some savings for
future acquisitions.

Hello Dominic, smart buys and taking the time to invest in quality garments is the way to go. Welcome to the forum!

SunFella

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm Andrey, a family man with two young daughters recovering from mid-life crisis and creating new garderobe after 7 years of not buying literally nothing.
And yes, I live in the middle of Russia where mediocre brands cost big money and good brands are almost impossible to find. I love aviation and good food. If you want to know anything about food, cooking or cooking appliances, technics or devices feel free to ask me. I'd be glad to help.
P.S. And my wife knits cashmere clothes (mostly from Lora Piana yarn, manually and on her thin knitting machine) - sweaters, hats and scarves. So I'm specifically interested in cashmere things (as her representative).

Last edited:

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I'm Andrey, a family man with two young daughters recovering from mid-life crisis and creating new garderobe after 7 years of not buying literally nothing.
And yes, I live in the middle of Russia where mediocre brands cost big money and good brands are almost impossible to find. I love aviation and good food. If you want to know anything about food, cooking or cooking appliances, technics or devices feel free to ask me. I'd be glad to help.
P.S. And my wife knits cashmere clothes (mostly from Lora Piana yarn, manually and on her thin knitting machine) - sweaters, hats and scarves. So I'm specifically interested in cashmere things (as her representative).
Hi Andrey, judging by your thumbnail photo I can see why you've decided to call yourself SunFella, though Snowfella might be appropriate as well. Keep warm and enjoy those cashmere knits. Welcome to the forum!

SunFella

Reaction score
Hi Andrey, judging by your thumbnail photo I can see why you've decided to call yourself SunFella, though Snowfella might be appropriate as well. Keep warm and enjoy those cashmere knits. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the warm welcome, Sinyo! I will consider changing my nick to Snowfella :)

Ari_1981

Reaction score
Hi all.

I’m Ari and I write from Spain. After many years participating in social networks, other forums and above all closely linked to the textile and fashion industry (now that professional stage is over, which makes me more free to participate) I have decided to also register in this community. I've seen several friends around here ;)

Best

Ari

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I’m Ari and I write from Spain. After many years participating in social networks, other forums and above all closely linked to the textile and fashion industry (now that professional stage is over, which makes me more free to participate) I have decided to also register in this community. I've seen several friends around here ;)

Best

Ari
Hi Ari, welcome to the forum!

Silentb0b

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Stefan, 32, from from Germany. I'm a longtime lurker and finally decided to make an account myself. I would describe my style right now as the current mix of streetwear, skate, workwear and ivy. My favourite brands right now are, among others, Aimé Leon Dore, A kind of Guise, Noah NY, Carhartt WIP, Drake's, Berg & Berg, Asket and Norse Projects. I love travelling and good food and I'm looking forward to exchanges on style and fashion with all of you!

Some recent purchases:
- APC Austin Mac
- Drake's OCBD
- NB992 MiUSA
- Berg & Berg Ferdinand OCBD
- Carhartt WIP Ruck Single Knee

Last edited:

simmyjer

Reaction score
Hi I'm Chi :)

I'm a 24 Y.O broke boi who loves to buy expensive fashion pieces. I'm usually a lurker in Reddit's r/malefashionadvice, r/frugalmalefashion, and r/rawdenim. I love the good old Tee + Denim + Sneakers combo :)

I love the minimalist and Japanese style :)

My proudest purchases so far:
- Tadayo Tee
- CP Achilles Low in White
- Asket Stonewash Slim
- Holzweiler Tobi Pants

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Chi :)

I'm a 24 Y.O broke boi who loves to buy expensive fashion pieces. I'm usually a lurker in Reddit's r/malefashionadvice, r/frugalmalefashion, and r/rawdenim. I love the good old Tee + Denim + Sneakers combo :)

I love the minimalist and Japanese style :)

My proudest purchases so far:
- Tadayo Tee
- CP Achilles Low in White
- Asket Stonewash Slim
- Holzweiler Tobi Pants
Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Stefan, 32, from from Germany. I'm a longtime lurker and finally decided to make an account myself. I would describe my style right now as the current mix of streetwear, skate, workwear and ivy. My favourite brands right now are, among others, Aimé Leon Dore, A kind of Guise, Noah NY, Carhartt WIP, Drake's, Berg & Berg, Asket and Norse Projects. I love travelling and good food and I'm looking forward to exchanges on style and fashion with all of you!

Some recent purchases:
- APC Austin Mac
- Drake's OCBD
- NB992 MiUSA
- Berg & Berg Ferdinand OCBD
- Carhartt WIP Ruck Single Knee
Hello Stefan, we look forward to hearing from you in future exchanges. Welcome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics