• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was asked by some of my Instagram friends why I am not part of Style forum, so here I am. :)

As the user name suggests, I am a woman who is into classic menswear and self titled as sartorialist. If you are on Instagram, you can find me under username: @women_in_tailoring

Been on this journey on and off since I was 16. After a few style changes, I decided to build up my wardrobe 4 years ago. Mostly bespoke driven (Italian style garment and various types for shoes) and some RTW/MTM (mostly shirts and casual trousers) here and there.

Look forward to connecting with other fellow sartorialists.

Tks,
D

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day,

A newly minted wealth manager from NYC here, looking to improve my professional appeal. My main interests are classic style off the rack clothing. Happy to hear any recommendations, especially for slacks on the lower end price wise.

Happy to finally join the fold.

Regards,
- Citadel
Hi Citadel, you've mentioned classic style and off the rack recommendations. Would this iinclude online shopping? Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was asked by some of my Instagram friends why I am not part of Style forum, so here I am. :)

As the user name suggests, I am a woman who is into classic menswear and self titled as sartorialist. If you are on Instagram, you can find me under username: @women_in_tailoring

Been on this journey on and off since I was 16. After a few style changes, I decided to build up my wardrobe 4 years ago. Mostly bespoke driven (Italian style garment and various types for shoes) and some RTW/MTM (mostly shirts and casual trousers) here and there.

Look forward to connecting with other fellow sartorialists.

Tks,
D
Your friends are correct and you are wise to have followed their suggestion. Welcome to the forum!

BlackLab

Reaction score
Hi,

I have worked in menswear/sportsretail all my life.In the past year I started clearing out my own wardrobe and got the bug to buy/sell for myself.
Just wanted to say Hi ?

Peter_QK

Reaction score
Hi. Im 33 male, father of two kids.
interested in quality footwear. My preference in style is classic than fast trends. I aim to keep my rotaion to 5-10 footwears at a time and am looking at to learning & sharing advices how to be a good footwear person

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have worked in menswear/sportsretail all my life.In the past year I started clearing out my own wardrobe and got the bug to buy/sell for myself.
Just wanted to say Hi ?
Hi and welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. Im 33 male, father of two kids.
interested in quality footwear. My preference in style is classic than fast trends. I aim to keep my rotaion to 5-10 footwears at a time and am looking at to learning & sharing advices how to be a good footwear person
Hi there, welcome to the forum!

mm300

Reaction score
Hello styleforum world,
I'm casually interested in heritage mens clothing, and overly-obsessed with watches. I tend to wear kind of classic casual American/Japanese-Americana wear, and aspire to branch out into what I think of as the "handsome British grandpa look."

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello styleforum world,
I'm casually interested in heritage mens clothing, and overly-obsessed with watches. I tend to wear kind of classic casual American/Japanese-Americana wear, and aspire to branch out into what I think of as the "handsome British grandpa look."
How about handsome & haute grandpa couture? Welcome to the forum!

stoicassistant

Reaction score
Hello, I was very interested in fashion years ago but didn't have the budget for it. Now that I do have the budget for it, I'm slowly getting back into researching and brainstorming what I want out of my clothes. Excited to be back.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was very interested in fashion years ago but didn't have the budget for it. Now that I do have the budget for it, I'm slowly getting back into researching and brainstorming what I want out of my clothes. Excited to be back.
Welcome!

Bravo7

Reaction score
Hello from Texas, I've been reading and following the forum since earlier this year when I joined, especially the black tie thread. I'm 54 and currently work in Medical Research in an administrative role.

Much of my adult life involved jobs where I always had some type of specific uniform or prescribed clothing for work like scrubs. I was that guy who owned only one suit and/or maybe a sport coat at any one time.
A few yrs ago moved to a desk/office job and discovered I liked to dress well for work. So I began to gather information and learning how to build a wardrobe and how to dress better. Now I have my shirts made by Proper Cloth and a few others, a closet full of Allen Edmonds (cause I like shoes and they fit well in my size) and I discovered how awsome braces are. I am one of those that once they embrace something I read and research as much information from as many sources as possible. This is definitely an on going and never ending process.

BonzoMoon2002

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
I'm from Tampa, FL. Over the last 3 years I have become engrossed in classic menswear.

I will be in NYC next weekend (and back again at the end of January) and am looking for recommendations on a MTM or possibly Bespoke suit. I currently own 1 navy hopsack I ordered from Oliver Wicks, which came out perfectly lovely. I realize I could go with an online version again, but I figured I'll be in NYC, and had the in-person experience of being measured by a professional, etc.

I am aiming to keep the budget around $2k, so I realize MTM is probably the best option. Additionally, I'm not looking for anything too customized, just standard staples. I'm looking for either a grey quarter-lined fresco double-breasted peak lapel (it's always hot in FL), or charcoal flannel/chalk stripe double-breasted peak lapel (so I have something ready for when I need it) OR go straight for the tuxedo I want, and will wear often (I'm a fan of the theater/opera/symphony, and would wear it there).

I came across this thread which was immensely helpful in finding options, but I wonder if anyone could provide recommendations.
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/mtm-and-bespoke-makers-in-nyc.689987/ which links to this list https://dresscode.danhakimi.com/mtm-bespoke-nyc/

Thanks again! Also, apologies if this sort of post should really be on a separate page somewhere.

Last edited:

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there, $2k would probably be the minimum for MTM at an independent tailor or boutique in NYC. You might want to visit some of the better quality department stores while visiting NYC, such as Saks Fifth Ave. & Bergdorff Goodman. In most cases Black Friday sales will continue through the weekend. Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello from Texas, I've been reading and following the forum since earlier this year when I joined, especially the black tie thread. I'm 54 and currently work in Medical Research in an administrative role.

Much of my adult life involved jobs where I always had some type of specific uniform or prescribed clothing for work like scrubs. I was that guy who owned only one suit and/or maybe a sport coat at any one time.
A few yrs ago moved to a desk/office job and discovered I liked to dress well for work. So I began to gather information and learning how to build a wardrobe and how to dress better. Now I have my shirts made by Proper Cloth and a few others, a closet full of Allen Edmonds (cause I like shoes and they fit well in my size) and I discovered how awsome braces are. I am one of those that once they embrace something I read and research as much information from as many sources as possible. This is definitely an on going and never ending process.
Welcome to our forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads