• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adhazem

Reaction score
Hi SF! Off-and-on reader over the years, finally joining up. I’m from Minnesota, so my favorite pieces tend to be for layering. Some of my favorites: an olive green Kapital Ring Coat, a green Vancloth mockneck pullover by Monitaly, a bouclé shawl cardigan by Eidos, and a lined waffle-knit “easy cardigan” from Ts(s). Always on the lookout for some short-run collectible pieces or a well-loved vintage band tee. We have some great menswear stores here in Minneapolis, but lately I’m finding that many of my favorite pieces are second-hand finds. Looking forward to meeting more of you.

Chris

Hey Chris! Welcome. I’m very new here and a fellow Twin City dweller. What are you favorite clothing stores here? We moved from Duluth last year but haven’t been around too much with the pandemic.

Mpls

Reaction score
Hey Chris! Welcome. I’m very new here and a fellow Twin City dweller. What are you favorite clothing stores here? We moved from Duluth last year but haven’t been around too much with the pandemic.

Welcome to the Twin Cities! Here are a few of the essential shops:
  • MartinPatrick3. Truly mind-blowing selection. Also custom suiting (and barber shop, and interior design services, and a bar…)
  • BlackBlue. Much smaller but more intentionally curated. Steve just added the Minneapolis location a few years back, the OG location is in St. Paul.
  • Askov Finlayson. Smaller shop, and with more of an outdoors bent. They also make their own outerwear.
I’m excited for you to explore these!
Chris

Adhazem

Reaction score
Welcome to the Twin Cities! Here are a few of the essential shops:
  • MartinPatrick3. Truly mind-blowing selection. Also custom suiting (and barber shop, and interior design services, and a bar…)
  • BlackBlue. Much smaller but more intentionally curated. Steve just added the Minneapolis location a few years back, the OG location is in St. Paul.
  • Askov Finlayson. Smaller shop, and with more of an outdoors bent. They also make their own outerwear.
I’m excited for you to explore these!
Chris
Thanks for the tips. I can’t wait to stop by and check out those stores!

stendec

Reaction score
I just joined SF upon a friend's recommendation. I live in Washington DC and am a software engineer. I work 100% remotely, so I can generally wear anything. I dress mostly casual, but I always jump at the opportunity to dress a little nicer for special occasions. I'm currently on the search for a really nice baseball cap.

Some of my favorite items include:
- white leather sneakers, Common Project
- black leather boots, To Boot New York
- a chunky wool knit sweater, Rag & Bone
- brown herringbone overcoat, VictorVictoria
- tailored blue cashmere overcoat, Lanieri
- tailored waistcoat, Lanieri
- 38mm diver watch, Oris, with lots of interchangeable nato straps

Mpls

Reaction score
I just joined SF upon a friend's recommendation. I live in Washington DC and am a software engineer. I work 100% remotely, so I can generally wear anything. I dress mostly casual, but I always jump at the opportunity to dress a little nicer for special occasions. I'm currently on the search for a really nice baseball cap.

Welcome stendec!

Love those Common Project sneakers — icons in the making.

Adhazem

Reaction score

Welcome. I’m a physician and work in a hospital. Since the pandemic we’ve not been wearing nice street clothes to work. All scrubs so you can just change and dump it in the sterile cycle washing machine. I wear waterpoof Sneakers and go through one every year or so.

I realized how much I miss feeling like I look kinda human so I started dressing up when I’m just in the house working in my office. I’m sure the neighbors think I’m crazy when I let the dogs out at 6:30 am looking like I’m going to a ball!

Mpls

Reaction score
Welcome. I’m a physician and work in a hospital. Since the pandemic we’ve not been wearing nice street clothes to work. All scrubs so you can just change and dump it in the sterile cycle washing machine. I wear waterpoof Sneakers and go through one every year or so.

I realized how much I miss feeling like I look kinda human so I started dressing up when I’m just in the house working in my office. I’m sure the neighbors think I’m crazy when I let the dogs out at 6:30 am looking like I’m going to a ball!

Haha, I’m doing that too! I work in ecommerce and am on Zoom all day long, but I’ve started rotating more of my favorite pieces in, even if it’s offscreen. And definitely sporting some fits when I take our 7mo twins out for a stroll after my meetings. Neighbors love it, I’m sure :p

Adhazem

Reaction score
Haha, I’m doing that too! I work in ecommerce and am on Zoom all day long, but I’ve started rotating more of my favorite pieces in, even if it’s offscreen. And definitely sporting some fits when I take our 7mo twins out for a stroll after my meetings. Neighbors love it, I’m sure :p

Yes!!! So much this. Some days I’m working a 12 hour telehealth day so I’m stuck in the house for the entire time. After work I’ll need some fresh air and I’ll take the 8mo girl for a walk. “Aren’t you a little over dressed for a neighborhood walk?” Is not super Minnesota nice hahaha

pelicanconsignment

Reaction score
Hello, a friend of mine said I should make an account so here I am.

I buy, sell and consign men's clothing as a hobby. You can find me on eBay here: ebay.com/str/pelicanconsignmentmn
My more traditional profession is in IT, most recently working with Salesforce.com.

I'm excited to contribute to the forums and hopefully build relationships. Send me a message.

Rflorida

Reaction score

The pandemic changed many of our habits. Bravo for doing it at home or even the office!

Apollo Zillion

Reaction score
Greetings, Style Forum. I am Apollo Zillion. I am a musician who does not show their face, yet shows their style. I can be seen wearing masks and tailoring with a twist.

In the attached file I am wearing a Gucci coat with Reiss trousers and Versace shoes with a Charley Tyrwhitt bowtie, and Charles Tyrwhitt gloves.

In my profile picture, I am wearing a Paul and Joe overcoat with Dents gloves and a Charley Tyrwhitt shirt. Unseen below are the Aquila grey suede Chelsea boots. My favourite touch of this outfit is the John Henric silk ascot.

I will post many more fits to here and to IG at Apollo Zillion! Share your style with me

Ale_73

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just joined SF after a while of lurking…I’m Ale, 48 yo from Milan, Italy. I’m heavily hooked (in random order) into repro/military/vintage clothing, denim&boots, English shoes, good food&wine, marathon running, punk music and rock and roll…in a nutshell, I try to enjoy life as much as I can. See you around!

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just joined SF after a while of lurking…I’m Ale, 48 yo from Milan, Italy. I’m heavily hooked (in random order) into repro/military/vintage clothing, denim&boots, English shoes, good food&wine, marathon running, punk music and rock and roll…in a nutshell, I try to enjoy life as much as I can. See you around!
You sound an extremely interesting chap! But that’s because several of those interests are mine as well. …

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings, Style Forum. I am Apollo Zillion. I am a musician who does not show their face, yet shows their style. I can be seen wearing masks and tailoring with a twist.

In the attached file I am wearing a Gucci coat with Reiss trousers and Versace shoes with a Charley Tyrwhitt bowtie, and Charles Tyrwhitt gloves.

In my profile picture, I am wearing a Paul and Joe overcoat with Dents gloves and a Charley Tyrwhitt shirt. Unseen below are the Aquila grey suede Chelsea boots. My favourite touch of this outfit is the John Henric silk ascot.

I will post many more fits to here and to IG at Apollo Zillion! Share your style with me
Hi there, Apollo Zillion is quite the moniker! That's an interesting outfit that you've described. I'm a big fan of Charles Tyrwhitt and how could one go wrong wearing Dents? If they're good enough for James Bond, then who am I to disagree? Lol!
Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads