• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheSartorialPunjabi

Reaction score
Hi I'm Pranav. I joined this forum to educate myself more on my sartorial journey and to chat and make new friends with people that have the same interest. I'm also into fragrances (niche only), so I will be making posts about fragrances as well. I enjoy writing and I wanted to write about my sartorial journey, fabrics, tailoring, etc... I'm also into skincare and when it comes to a grooming routine, I can rant about this all day as well, lol.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Pranav. I joined this forum to educate myself more on my sartorial journey and to chat and make new friends with people that have the same interest. I'm also into fragrances (niche only), so I will be making posts about fragrances as well. I enjoy writing and I wanted to write about my sartorial journey, fabrics, tailoring, etc... I'm also into skincare and when it comes to a grooming routine, I can rant about this all day as well, lol.
Hi Pranav, as a fellow ranter we welcome you to the forum!

Adhazem

Reaction score
Hi folks. Long time lurker from Minnesota. Through the past 12 months I’ve been getting into nicer dress shoes trying to learn about differences in construction, styles and building up my small collection. I look forward to participating in this community.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Adhazem, I see that we've turned another lurker. I applaud your interest and self education in the pursuit of well made footwear. Welcome to the forum!

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen

I have just joined Styleforum after it was recommended by a friend. I live on the Southwest edge of London with access to town and country. Sartorially I can do the ‘Mod’ look quite well, favouring Italian blazers and chinos. However my go-to look is country gent or ‘rus in urbe’ (country in the city!): Barbour jacket, tweed cap, wool sweater (jumper in British English), corduroys, boots, etc. I am a real aficionado of the military ‘Woolly Pully’ sweater and the Guernsey. At 55 I’m now too old to be a Young Fogey although that was how I started out.

My interests are many and varied: I’m a politics and current affairs addict; I spend a lot of time in art galleries and bookstores; I enjoy hiking and the outdoors; I am interested in mid-C20 military and Cold War history, including the Falklands War (I did a postgrad degree in Latin American studies) and visits to military museums.

I am working from home and caring for my partner and so I look forward to some good conversation and friendship on this site.

Cheers ?

James

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen

I have just joined Styleforum after it was recommended by a friend. I live on the Southwest edge of London with access to town and country. Sartorially I can do the ‘Mod’ look quite well, favouring Italian blazers and chinos. However my go-to look is country gent or ‘rus in urbe’ (country in the city!): Barbour jacket, tweed cap, wool sweater (jumper in British English), corduroys, boots, etc. I am a real aficionado of the military ‘Woolly Pully’ sweater and the Guernsey. At 55 I’m now too old to be a Young Fogey although that was how I started out.

My interests are many and varied: I’m a politics and current affairs addict; I spend a lot of time in art galleries and bookstores; I enjoy hiking and the outdoors; I am interested in mid-C20 military and Cold War history, including the Falklands War (I did a postgrad degree in Latin American studies) and visits to military museums.

I am working from home and caring for my partner and so I look forward to some good conversation and friendship on this site.

Cheers ?

James
Hi James, English country gentleman attire is a classic look. I've got a few years on you, 55 is still (very much) alive. One should never believe or become "too old to rock n' roll". Welcome to the forum!

CSM37

Reaction score
Greetings Styleforum

I found this site looking for more information about Alden shell cordovan. I was gobsmacked when I first tried on the Alden 975s, it was as though heavenly angels sang as the clouds parted and the sun shown down upon my poor feet, which had wandered in the desert for so so long. I have a few pair in color 8 (the 975s, and a pair of V-tip bluchers) and the black captoe (9016) but was wondering how to break into the rare shell club. (I've learned you need patience). Anyway, Personally, I'm in Bucks County, Pa and the office where I work is more business casual with button down shirts and dress pants. I do like a to roll in with a vintage tweed jacket on top as the weather dictates. I wear suits maybe 8-12 times a year for board meetings and investor meetings. Having said that, I'm in the process of getting my first bespoke suit; a classic navy one to replace one whose race had been run. I can't wait for my toile fitting next week.

OK that's a start, have a nice day everyone

Tocklishchap

Reaction score
Hi James, English country gentleman attire is a classic look. I've got a few years on you, 55 is still (very much) alive. One should never believe or become "too old to rock n' roll". Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the welcome, Sir. There was a strong element of irony in my comments about age. I still consider myself young, take a keen interest in sports as well as the arts and can certainly “rock n’ roll”!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings Styleforum

I found this site looking for more information about Alden shell cordovan. I was gobsmacked when I first tried on the Alden 975s, it was as though heavenly angels sang as the clouds parted and the sun shown down upon my poor feet, which had wandered in the desert for so so long. I have a few pair in color 8 (the 975s, and a pair of V-tip bluchers) and the black captoe (9016) but was wondering how to break into the rare shell club. (I've learned you need patience). Anyway, Personally, I'm in Bucks County, Pa and the office where I work is more business casual with button down shirts and dress pants. I do like a to roll in with a vintage tweed jacket on top as the weather dictates. I wear suits maybe 8-12 times a year for board meetings and investor meetings. Having said that, I'm in the process of getting my first bespoke suit; a classic navy one to replace one whose race had been run. I can't wait for my toile fitting next week.

OK that's a start, have a nice day everyone
H there, Alden is an excellent choice, great quality brand. Welcome to our forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics