• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my forum profile says I have been a member since 2012. Serious lurker apparently.

Now semi retired, business treated me very well financially, and I can finally let my love of dressing well be a part of my life. Funny how it took retirement to free me to express myself. I now spend my time working with amazing charitable organizations that serve our community and mentoring young professionals in my industry.

I have decided that dressing well sets a standard for others in my profession to emulate and that raises the bar a bit in a good way. I am anti "slouch" style. It is the people on this forum that set a standard for paying attention to one's appearance - not out of an egotistic impulse, but because it elevates our social intercourse. It is not exclusive but inclusive. In a world where lowest common denominator always seems to govern, Styleforum chooses to emphasize aspiring to a higher goal. I am thankful to find so many kindred spirits here,
Howdy there, so you were a holdout hiding in the shadows, lurking but not posting? Indeed we aspire to a higher goal and denominator. Happy to finally have you 'officially' on board. Welcome kindred spirit!

veers026

Reaction score
hi, name's Paul. have browsed here now and then as research. finally decided to make an account.

siberial

Reaction score
Figured why not. Fashion has intrigued me more lately and it's something I see as one of my main interests at the moment.
So far I am figuring out that I rather get what I personally like and get some type of emotion from rather than emulate something from top to bottom. Also want to check out the buy and sell area here.

Been also getting a interest in knits the last two years and the interest does not seem to be fading. I have lurked here a little bit before hand but I used to frequent forums more before.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured why not. Fashion has intrigued me more lately and it's something I see as one of my main interests at the moment.
So far I am figuring out that I rather get what I personally like and get some type of emotion from rather than emulate something from top to bottom. Also want to check out the buy and sell area here.

Been also getting a interest in knits the last two years and the interest does not seem to be fading. I have lurked here a little bit before hand but I used to frequent forums more before.
Hi Sieberial, glad that you joined us to learn. Not meaning to sound pedantic, explore what the difference is between 'fashion' and 'style'. These are different things, different concepts. Welcome!

astroboy

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm astroboy from Germany - please excuse my English as I am not a native speaker;).
I've registered because I am collecting sunglasses, mostly used Ray Ban from the 90s (original B&L), but also some Persol, Maui Jim and - since last year - new Randolph.:cool:
Perhaps I can help others to choose their favorite sunglasses.

kyleAW

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm Kyle from the UK, known about and frequented this forum for many years on and off but finally decided to make an account :)
fairly new to actually taking style more seriously (old job for the last 10 years pretty much dictated a wardrobe that you didnt mind getting ruined on a daily basis) but a career direction change has allowed me to look at developing a wardrobe at last so thought id actually properly join now :D

BerniePunter

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Pushan. I've been following styleforum for years and been looking up advice all the time. Decided to join to learn more. Despite working in an environment full of denim and graphic Tees, I still like to dress Formal and business casual. I love chinos, dress pants, custom shirts and my personal favorite, leather shoes :)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm astroboy from Germany - please excuse my English as I am not a native speaker;).
I've registered because I am collecting sunglasses, mostly used Ray Ban from the 90s (original B&L), but also some Persol, Maui Jim and - since last year - new Randolph.:cool:
Perhaps I can help others to choose their favorite sunglasses.
Hi there Astroboy (wasn' Astroboy originally Japanese? Happy sunglass hunting! Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm Kyle from the UK, known about and frequented this forum for many years on and off but finally decided to make an account :)
fairly new to actually taking style more seriously (old job for the last 10 years pretty much dictated a wardrobe that you didnt mind getting ruined on a daily basis) but a career direction change has allowed me to look at developing a wardrobe at last so thought id actually properly join now :D

Hi Kyle, best of luck with the new career. Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Pushan. I've been following styleforum for years and been looking up advice all the time. Decided to join to learn more. Despite working in an environment full of denim and graphic Tees, I still like to dress Formal and business casual. I love chinos, dress pants, custom shirts and my personal favorite, leather shoes :)
Hello Pushan, glad that you took your own advice and decided to join, welcome!

2scared2spend

Reaction score
Whats up guys I’m about to be 24 and coincidentally this thread is about to surpass a decade! But ya Im just a dude I got some money got a decent job as a dev and looking to move jobs and along with that upgrade the wardrobe. I got money but I’m pretty frugal when it comes to clothes (I will proudly rock a rep, but I only have a wallet). Lookin to find some good deals here on quality!! I wear slimmer pants and and large shirts right now (as I continue to drop weight, I wanna wear slimmer shirts too). Help me out with some good prices guys!

mtooler

Reaction score
Hey all, just acquired my first pair of good year welted shoes from Thomas George Collection. Brown toe cap oxfords on the Jeffries last, made by Fugashin, UK 11. Happy with them and will use them to hopefully accurately size up Carlos Santos shoes and Meermin shoes. Looking to buy another 5 odd pairs off gyw shoes, I prefer closed channel look. 1 of which hopefully to be shell cordovan, Meermin a likely candidate due to price point there. I like the look of toe cap oxfords and derbys mainly, not a huge fan of broguing. Always open to advice, reside in the Northern Territory Australia so there a 0 gyw shoes for sale within 4000km, everything is mailed in to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads