• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(sung to the tune of Manic Monday) Just another squinting lurker, comin' outta night, blinking into sun-light...
And one who possesses an unholy number of bags (666?) pray tell?
Well, you've arrived, come to the right place! Hopefully we can shed some light on those obsessions.
Welcome to the forum!

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Ha! I've had many a bag come and go over the years, though I don't know they'd quite amount to that particular unholy number just yet. Mostly men's and women's designer bags, though I've gotten rid of most over time and currently just have a half dozen daily carry options left. The bag bug lingers though... I finally joined to indulge my current hankering for a Filson 257!

Be female, but as a tomboy with an active lifestyle I often prefer men's bags and style as they are far more utilitarian and practical than women's gear. My sole remaining LV is the original Tadao, a men's large tote, though I might sell it and others once I get my paws upon a 257. One bag to rule them all, and I shall enjoy seeing it patinate and evolve over time. :inlove:

Reaction score
Ha! I've had many a bag come and go over the years, though I don't know they'd quite amount to that particular unholy number just yet. Mostly men's and women's designer bags, though I've gotten rid of most over time and currently just have a half dozen daily carry options left. The bag bug lingers though... I finally joined to indulge my current hankering for a Filson 257!.. once I get my paws upon a 257.
Hi Tierney

I’m not sure if they are still on sale, but sick of trawling eBay and Gumtree to no avail, I finally bought a tan 257 this week through the End website (English site, even though I live in Australia, as the sale didn’t appear in the Australian version). It was $375 AUD posted. Maybe worth a look if you haven’t already?

BLNDRWMN

Reaction score
Hi WCB - I know End, I'll go check! I wonder if they still have any... thanks for the tip! :D

ETA: No 257s, but they do have the super cute Smokey Bear Tote! If only they'd do a Smokey 257, I'd be in bits, and tan isn't even my colour...

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha! I've had many a bag come and go over the years, though I don't know they'd quite amount to that particular unholy number just yet. Mostly men's and women's designer bags, though I've gotten rid of most over time and currently just have a half dozen daily carry options left. The bag bug lingers though... I finally joined to indulge my current hankering for a Filson 257!

Be female, but as a tomboy with an active lifestyle I often prefer men's bags and style as they are far more utilitarian and practical than women's gear. My sole remaining LV is the original Tadao, a men's large tote, though I might sell it and others once I get my paws upon a 257. One bag to rule them all, and I shall enjoy seeing it patinate and evolve over time. :inlove:
To patinate and evolve. I like that. Philosophical, a life examined is well served. Cheers!

Reaction score
Hi WCB - I know End, I'll go check! I wonder if they still have any... thanks for the tip! :D

ETA: No 257s, but they do have the super cute Smokey Bear Tote! If only they'd do a Smokey 257, I'd be in bits, and tan isn't even my colour...
Yes, sorry Tierney, it was the 256 I confused with the 257!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm to learn the knowledge about Avant Garde.
Hmmm, not quite sure what you mean by this, sartorial intelligentsia? However, if you've come by way of wanting to learn more about aesthetic innovation, the perceptual difference between fashion (trendy) and stylish, then you've come to the right place. Welcome aboard!

Jari

Reaction score
Hi all,

my name is Jari and I am from the Netherlands. A long time lurker and its time to register and introduce myself. I am trying to make an affort in changing my style from casual to more smart/preppy. I am a big fan of wearing knitted ties combined with chino's, (sometimes jeans) with shirt, waistcoat/vest. Here to find some inspiration and tips.

Kind regards, Jari.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

my name is Jari and I am from the Netherlands. A long time lurker and its time to register and introduce myself. I am trying to make an affort in changing my style from casual to more smart/preppy. I am a big fan of wearing knitted ties combined with chino's, (sometimes jeans) with shirt, waistcoat/vest. Here to find some inspiration and tips.

Kind regards, Jari.
Hello Jari, welcome to the forum!

Canterbury Redwood

Reaction score
Hello, Sebastien from Paris. I am 31 years old, I wear mostly chinos and jeans. I wear Salomons or Edward Green only, no in between.

SJTM

Reaction score
So my forum profile says I have been a member since 2012. Serious lurker apparently.

Now semi retired, business treated me very well financially, and I can finally let my love of dressing well be a part of my life. Funny how it took retirement to free me to express myself. I now spend my time working with amazing charitable organizations that serve our community and mentoring young professionals in my industry.

I have decided that dressing well sets a standard for others in my profession to emulate and that raises the bar a bit in a good way. I am anti "slouch" style. It is the people on this forum that set a standard for paying attention to one's appearance - not out of an egotistic impulse, but because it elevates our social intercourse. It is not exclusive but inclusive. In a world where lowest common denominator always seems to govern, Styleforum chooses to emphasize aspiring to a higher goal. I am thankful to find so many kindred spirits here,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads