• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm David. I'm an 18 year old soon-to-be university sophomore in Toronto, Canada. Currently my wardrobe is mainly casual, and I expect to continue dressing this way for the next few years, but I'd like to up my style game some now that I'm entering adulthood, and would like to have some fun with this as well!
Hi David, enhancing & upgrading your current wardrobe should be fun. However, I would caution you to spend wisely & to avoid impulse shopping, purchase sparingly. Welcome!

Quibbley

Reaction score
I'm Jeff and I’m 57 yrs. old. I live in Virginia. I just completed my weight lost journey of 11 weeks to lose 35 lbs (185 lbs to 150 lbs). Now I am back to my normal, thin self. But I need to buy new clothes since most of my current clothes no longer fit.

Typically, I would wear jeans, athletic shoes, cargo shorts, and t-shirts. I think this is a good time to change my style. I found this forum while researching style options for people in my age group. I look forward to participating and absorbing as much knowledge and advice as I can. I think it is great to have such a resource as this forum available with all of the very knowledgeable members.

Jeff

Last edited:

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Jeff and I’m 57 yrs. old. I live in Virginia. I just completed my weight lost journey of 11 weeks to lose 35 lbs (185 lbs to 150 lbs). Now I am back to my normal, thin self. But I need to buy new clothes since most of my current clothes no longer fit.

Typically, I would wear jeans, athletic shoes, cargo shorts, and t-shirts. I think this is a good time to change my style. I found this forum while researching style options for people in my age group. I look forward to participating and absorbing as much knowledge and advice as I can. I think it is great to to have such a resource as this forum available with all of the very knowledgeable members.

Jeff
Hello Jeff, congrats on your successful weight loss & journey towards upgrading your wardrobe. We look forward to hearing from you. Welcome!

BrutonGaster

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Ty, I'm a pastry chef in Australia in my early 20s, long time lurker finally decided to join. I ride a motorcycle daily so I don't get to dress up too often, my wardrobe is mainly smart casual or on the lazy side of fancy. I'm a big fan of accessories (leather gloves, ties, hats etc). I detest synthetic materials in all my clothing and I love buying from smaller manufactures/craftsman. As a daily rider i'm always looking for clothing that can stand up to actually being used, well made high quality items are the most important thing to me. I believe elegance is where beauty and practicality meet. I want to start adding MTM items to my wardrobe and hopefully get into more traditional menswear, I'm looking forward to suggestions and advice from everyone hear,
Thanks

szfoster

Reaction score
Aloha All,

I'm John, moved to Oahu from Hong Kong many years ago...I'm 6'0 240, so most everything was tailored in HK, but now switched to aloha shirts, such as Sig Zane and Nake'u. I have maybe 30 pairs of shoes, nothing made in prc, and I may be addicted to Berluti and Paolo Scafora, but have yet to pull the trigger....

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Ty, I'm a pastry chef in Australia in my early 20s, long time lurker finally decided to join. I ride a motorcycle daily so I don't get to dress up too often, my wardrobe is mainly smart casual or on the lazy side of fancy. I'm a big fan of accessories (leather gloves, ties, hats etc). I detest synthetic materials in all my clothing and I love buying from smaller manufactures/craftsman. As a daily rider i'm always looking for clothing that can stand up to actually being used, well made high quality items are the most important thing to me. I believe elegance is where beauty and practicality meet. I want to start adding MTM items to my wardrobe and hopefully get into more traditional menswear, I'm looking forward to suggestions and advice from everyone hear,
Thanks
Hello Ty, whereabouts in Australia do you hail from? I hear you regarding synthetics, performance fabrics don't perform well for me. You need lurk no longer, welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aloha All,

I'm John, moved to Oahu from Hong Kong many years ago...I'm 6'0 240, so most everything was tailored in HK, but now switched to aloha shirts, such as Sig Zane and Nake'u. I have maybe 30 pairs of shoes, nothing made in prc, and I may be addicted to Berluti and Paolo Scafora, but have yet to pull the trigger....
Hi John, how do you like living in Oahu? There are many fine tailors in HK, some are rated among the world's best. Berluti and Scafora make worthy addictions. Welcome!

szfoster

Reaction score
Hi John, how do you like living in Oahu? There are many fine tailors in HK, some are rated among the world's best. Berluti and Scafora make worthy addictions. Welcome!
Hello Sinyo,

After much travel, I was ready to relax, and Oahu is great for that. My shirts from Ascot Chang and David's in HK have held up well, but two decades is enough, even for the nicest shirts.

Yes, I really think I neeed some norwegian split toes from Scafora to complement my Aloha shirts....

Thank you for the welcome!
J

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Sinyo,

After much travel, I was ready to relax, and Oahu is great for that. My shirts from Ascot Chang and David's in HK have held up well, but two decades is enough, even for the nicest shirts.

Yes, I really think I neeed some norwegian split toes from Scafora to complement my Aloha shirts....

Thank you for the welcome!
J
You're welcome! Those shirts have served you well! Scafora, davvero magnifico!!

DVLuebeck

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Clinton. I've been reading Styleforum for a couple of years now, primarily in the Alden and Allen Edmonds appreciation threads. This has been a great resource to learn about clothing and shoes, so thanks to you all!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Clinton. I've been reading Styleforum for a couple of years now, primarily in the Alden and Allen Edmonds appreciation threads. This has been a great resource to learn about clothing and shoes, so thanks to you all!
Hi Clinton, welcome to the forum!

calostro5

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am Sergio, a spaniard man.
I know this forum because I have found some threads looking for information about shoes. Moreover, this forum has been mentioned a few times in a spanish forum in which I am member.
As usual in spanish people, I am awful in English. Sorry for my grammar mistakes.

Andrewwest8

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m Andrew, 28, UK. Spent my earlier years living in the skinniest clothes you could buy. Now slightly more mature, and maybe a tad more sophisticated (man-child rather than just an adolescent), the week is spent in suits. Much to many’s dismay, I revert back to skinny jeans on the weekend. Apologies to those offended by that. Also like watches. Not a tag guy, but that green aquarace has been on my mind.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am Sergio, a spaniard man.
I know this forum because I have found some threads looking for information about shoes. Moreover, this forum has been mentioned a few times in a spanish forum in which I am member.
As usual in spanish people, I am awful in English. Sorry for my grammar mistakes.
Hello Sergio, your English language skills are fine, you are understood. Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m Andrew, 28, UK. Spent my earlier years living in the skinniest clothes you could buy. Now slightly more mature, and maybe a tad more sophisticated (man-child rather than just an adolescent), the week is spent in suits. Much to many’s dismay, I revert back to skinny jeans on the weekend. Apologies to those offended by that. Also like watches. Not a tag guy, but that green aquarace has been on my mind.

Hi Andrew, it's neither a crime or a sin to wear slim fitting clothing. In fact, as I'm sure that you're aware slim fitting clothing is en vogue in men's fashion these days. The real point is to purchase and to present yourself in clothing that best fits you, fits your body well. First and foremost style should not be equated with fashion or keeping up with trends.
Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads