• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ronde90

Reaction score
Hi, long-time reader of the forum, finally decided to get an account.

Looking forward to engaging with you a little bit and getting to know some of you better!
Ryan,

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, long-time reader of the forum, finally decided to get an account.

Looking forward to engaging with you a little bit and getting to know some of you better!
Ryan,
Hi Ryan, we're looking forward to your input. Welcome!

Moi1213

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am originally from Belgium and work in finance in Paris. My current interest lies in affordable smart-casual clothes for work and in comfy and nice clothes for my spare time, which is hard since I love cycling and finding trousers is a nightmare.
If you have quick advice about nice work blazers and nice smart casual trousers for work and leisure, I am all ears ?

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am originally from Belgium and work in finance in Paris. My current interest lies in affordable smart-casual clothes for work and in comfy and nice clothes for my spare time, which is hard since I love cycling and finding trousers is a nightmare.
If you have quick advice about nice work blazers and nice smart casual trousers for work and leisure, I am all ears ?
Hi there, I don't live or work in the beautiful 'city of lights'. I'm mostly familiar with American, Italian & some British brands. Someone on the forum should be able to assist you. Welcome!

noa99ap

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a 21 years old student from France, studying marketing.
I fell in love with shoes and suits 2 years ago, and I am very happy to join Styleforum after lurking for a few months. I wear formal clothing 6 days a week, so suits or jackets with formal trousers, and always with a white or sky blue shirt (for now). I do not like jeans as I find them uncomfortable, but that might be subject to change !

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the greeting. I have dressed like a bum most of my life, and had to wear various required uniforms at most of my jobs. A year ago I got myself a Tudor watch and that is what propelled my brand new interest in style and fashion. Then I discovered Alligator shoes and boots and I haven't been the same since.

I guess my main interest and question would be what is the best way to get quality, expensive items for bargain prices as slightly used. I got my Alligator shoes at about 20 percent of their retail price in perfect condition. I would never have been able to afford them new.
Well, of course there's Ebay. A couple of months ago I scored a pair new of $600 loafers for $220 on Ebay. There's the Real Real, it is often a good place to search as well as other discount retailers. There are many excellent direct to consumer online retailers which high quality menswear from casual to suits, same or similar quality as as well known brands for a fraction of the cost.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a 21 years old student from France, studying marketing.
I fell in love with shoes and suits 2 years ago, and I am very happy to join Styleforum after lurking for a few months. I wear formal clothing 6 days a week, so suits or jackets with formal trousers, and always with a white or sky blue shirt (for now). I do not like jeans as I find them uncomfortable, but that might be subject to change !
Hello, if you find jeans uncomfortable I highly recommend that you look at chino pants or similar. Welcome to the forum!

Doug5551

Reaction score
Well, of course there's Ebay. A couple of months ago I scored a pair new of $600 loafers for $220 on Ebay. There's the Real Real, it is often a good place to search as well as other discount retailers. There are many excellent direct to consumer online retailers which high quality menswear from casual to suits, same or similar quality as as well known brands for a fraction of the cost.
Many thanks for your suggestions. EBay got me started and got me here. I've obtained two pairs of Alligator shoes for bargain prices as well as 4 pairs of boots.

I haven't used Real Real. I'll look into it, as well as discover the other alternatives you suggest as my interest evolves.

Thanks!!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for your suggestions. EBay got me started and got me here. I've obtained two pairs of Alligator shoes for bargain prices as well as 4 pairs of boots.

I haven't used Real Real. I'll look into it, as well as discover the other alternatives you suggest as my interest evolves.

Thanks!!
?

JoeJLee

Reaction score
I'm Joe, been referring to the forum on any tips regarding men's fashion, style, shoe BST threads, shoe reviews and shoe care tips for a couple of years but finally decided to register today! Hoping to learn and interact more with you fine folk!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Joe, been referring to the forum on any tips regarding men's fashion, style, shoe BST threads, shoe reviews and shoe care tips for a couple of years but finally decided to register today! Hoping to learn and interact more with you fine folk!
Hi Joe, welcome to the forum!

Leannon

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a software engineer living in Dubai, trying to learn more about male fashion.

Rutledges_CO

Reaction score
Hello,

My Name is John I am with a store Called Rutledge's in Colorado Springs. We are a small local men's shop that has been in Colorado since 1967. We focus on quality clothing, shoes, boots, and custom made. We also happen to be the biggest Alden Shoe dealer in Colorado!

I look forward to participating in the forum!

Thanks,
John

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My Name is John I am with a store Called Rutledge's in Colorado Springs. We are a small local men's shop that has been in Colorado since 1967. We focus on quality clothing, shoes, boots, and custom made. We also happen to be the biggest Alden Shoe dealer in Colorado!

I look forward to participating in the forum!

Thanks,
John
John, welcome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads