• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New member/longtime lurker here. I recently moved from Florida to the DC area, so the wardrobe needs a bit of an overhaul. I'm also interested in putting together a minimal capsule wardrobe of well-made clothing & boots that can survive long stints on the road. Recommendations for a good tailor around DC would be appreciated!
Hi, boots & clothing that will wear well on the road is very general. What kind of boots & clothing are you looking for? Welcome to the forum!

JNE87

Reaction score
New member, I'm from GA and enjoy well made clothes. The main item of clothing I enjoy collecting is boots. Cant ever have enough boots.

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I'm Vestīmenta Optimae, an almost-30-year-old guy from Canada's east coast. I work in sales and I'm an amateur lover of classics, hence my username being in the not-as-dead-as-you-think language of Latin. I cut my teeth in selling menswear, and I've been obsessed with it every since. I look forward to learning more from your collective experience and knowledge!

Valete amicis,

VO

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I'm Vestīmenta Optimae, an almost-30-year-old guy from Canada's east coast. I work in sales and I'm an amateur lover of classics, hence my username being in the not-as-dead-as-you-think language of Latin. I cut my teeth in selling menswear, and I've been obsessed with it every since. I look forward to learning more from your collective experience and knowledge!

Valete amicis,

VO
Welcome aboard!

vegatheist

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Zachary. I've browsed through this forum occasionally over the years but never made an account. I used to post on r/malefashionadvice fairly regularly but I haven't been as active over the last 2 years. I live in the Midwest and have my associate's in Fashion Design. I managed a menswear boutique called Vincent Outfitting, we went out of business in summer of 2020 as a result of the pandemic so now I'm studying to be a web developer. Hoping to maybe post a few outfits, read some good fashion theory discussion, get some brand recommendations, and participate in the BST threads. I'm big into slow fashion, my favorite brand is Story MFG, and I love natural dyes, indigo, and raw denim (I have a couple pairs of LVC, RGT, 3Sixteen that I fit into before quarantine happened lol).

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Zachary. I've browsed through this forum occasionally over the years but never made an account. I used to post on r/malefashionadvice fairly regularly but I haven't been as active over the last 2 years. I live in the Midwest and have my associate's in Fashion Design. I managed a menswear boutique called Vincent Outfitting, we went out of business in summer of 2020 as a result of the pandemic so now I'm studying to be a web developer. Hoping to maybe post a few outfits, read some good fashion theory discussion, get some brand recommendations, and participate in the BST threads. I'm big into slow fashion, my favorite brand is Story MFG, and I love natural dyes, indigo, and raw denim (I have a couple pairs of LVC, RGT, 3Sixteen that I fit into before quarantine happened lol).
Zachary, welcome to the forum!

MRex

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a new member out by Kansas City, but likely going to move to Houston around the end of summer. I decided to join the forums in hope of finding recommendations for bespoke tailors and cobblers in either area, with a taste for a more conservative English style. Jacket and tie (or ascot in the summer) are the norm for me -- unless I'm doing manual labor/exercise, I'll not go out of the house without a jacket -- so practicality/wearability (and, of course, sturdiness) is as essential as style. Beyond clothing, as far as style and related are concerned, I have an interest in fountain pens, pocket watches, leather goods, and the like. I expect there will be some interesting discussions to be had here on the forums, and hope that I'll learn a bit and get a few recommendations along the way.

Ericle

Reaction score
Hi - I'm Eric, and I've lived in Israel for the past 29 years, where fashion is generally informal. Before that, I was a New York lawyer with a wardrobe! My father instilled in me an appreciation for fine things, and for tasteful dress. Quality + Flattering, rather than Trendy Per Se. I've tried to pass that on to my kids.
I don't buy as many clothes as I used to, but when I buy, I tend toward Mephisto shoes, polo shirts and black jeans or slacks.
I look forward to traveling, dining out, attending concerts again soon (I imagine we all do), and perhaps finding my way back to Zegna and Cornigliani, et al. In the meantime, I'm glad to be here with you, virtually!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi - I'm Eric, and I've lived in Israel for the past 29 years, where fashion is generally informal. Before that, I was a New York lawyer with a wardrobe! My father instilled in me an appreciation for fine things, and for tasteful dress. Quality + Flattering, rather than Trendy Per Se. I've tried to pass that on to my kids.
I don't buy as many clothes as I used to, but when I buy, I tend toward Mephisto shoes, polo shirts and black jeans or slacks.
I look forward to traveling, dining out, attending concerts again soon (I imagine we all do), and perhaps finding my way back to Zegna and Cornigliani, et al. In the meantime, I'm glad to be here with you, virtually!
Hi Eric, nice to hear from you. Welcome aboard!

sfinx

Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I'm 34, and have lived in New York nearly my whole life, but will soon be out and about working from many places throughout the course of this year. I thought I would stop by and get ideas on a versatile and packable wardrobe from you style aficionados. Glad to be here.

(PS - I plan to post my question in the Menswear Advice section, but if any of you know a better place, let me know. Alternatively, if this sounds like something that has been resolved before, let me know too. Thanks!)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post here. I'm 34, and have lived in New York nearly my whole life, but will soon be out and about working from many places throughout the course of this year. I thought I would stop by and get ideas on a versatile and packable wardrobe from you style aficionados. Glad to be here.

(PS - I plan to post my question in the Menswear Advice section, but if any of you know a better place, let me know. Alternatively, if this sounds like something that has been resolved before, let me know too. Thanks!)
Hey there, packable wardrobe, suits, formal wear, sports wear, casual? Can you be more specific? Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads