• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ramón Arteaga

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ramón, a languages, shoes and wines aficionado. Currently I live in the city of my heart: Madrid; however, I spent more than 5 years of my life working and living onboard the cruise ships of a premium cruise line as a Public Relations and Entertainment Officer.

I love the craft of traditional shoemaking and want to learn more about it every day.

Looking forward to share a little bit of the little bit I know, and to learn a lot from everyone.

¡Salud! ??

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Ramón, a languages, shoes and wines aficionado. Currently I live in the city of my heart: Madrid; however, I spent more than 5 years of my life working and living onboard the cruise ships of a premium cruise line as a Public Relations and Entertainment Officer.

I love the craft of traditional shoemaking and want to learn more about it every day.

Looking forward to share a little bit of the little bit I know, and to learn a lot from everyone.

¡Salud! ??
Hello Ramón, Madrid is a city of my heart too! Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I came here after years of looking for a kind of forum like this, and am glad to have found it! I'm a longtime classical musician, who's now working in education in the desert outside LA (basically halfway between LA and Palm Springs). My "style journey" (yuck!) has been that I've always liked classic mens style, but until recently haven't been able to afford anything. Of course, now that I can, the people where I live are actively offended by anyone wearing anything more dressy than a polo shirt.

I'm looking forward to learning more about menswear from all of you, especially for tips on how to build a classic wardrobe when you earn "teacher" money. If you have questions about how to sound like you know what you're listening to at the opera, I'm happy to trade tips!
Hello there, I too reside in SoCal. Happy to assist you. Welcome to the forum!

seekaycee

Reaction score
Used to browse HB and superfuture forums like almost a decade ago and sadly with the rise of social media seems like forums are dead or dying but was surprised to see how active Styleforum is on one of the topics I'm interested in so just decided to create an account and hopefully will be able to participate more and help make this place livelier. Cheers all!

king_of_cups

Reaction score
I'm Alex, new member. I'm 29 and PhD student. I've decided to join the forum to have advices on clothing combinations because I really would like to change my style. Hope I will have good time here :)
Hi Alex! I hope you don't have to adjunct right now...

Disobey91

Reaction score
Sorry, you said you were PhD student, so I was hoping that you weren't teaching in the middle of the pandemic! My wife's a physics prof, and I guess it's been really difficult.
Oh, no no, no teaching duties except laboratory activity with single students. Also because I don't speak the native language of the country in which I'm having the PhD. And ye, it's totally difficult in this period of time, for all the activities I think.

apollo1969

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! As many other new members, long-time lurker, first-time poster. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum with information on men's formal wear. Look forward to joining the conversations.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Used to browse HB and superfuture forums like almost a decade ago and sadly with the rise of social media seems like forums are dead or dying but was surprised to see how active Styleforum is on one of the topics I'm interested in so just decided to create an account and hopefully will be able to participate more and help make this place livelier. Cheers all!
Cheers, welcome to the forum!

Romires

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm not as expert as the old-timers of the forum, but I'm going to learn from you and gain knowledge. Thanks to everyone who shares their reviews, articles, news, photos.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm not as expert as the old-timers of the forum, but I'm going to learn from you and gain knowledge. Thanks to everyone who shares their reviews, articles, news, photos.
You're welcome & welcome to the forum!

Fflam

Reaction score
Hello!

Like others I have finally joined after several months of lurking since the internet kept pointing me here as The Place Where My Questions Have Answers!

(Unfortunately I have spent many years living in a time warp and so am unfamiliar with basic blog technology. So to begin this post, I hit “reply” to the parent post and then erased the unneeded quote ... if that’s not the way to do it, please educate me!)

I have always had an eye for color but never understood fit or quality construction. The covid shutdown forced me to look online to replace some basics, and I was looking to not screw up the order ... within weeks I had surrounded myself with spreadsheets and a tape measure and an apricot and a copy of Alan Flusser. All to buy a new pair of “khakis” ...

It has been a great transformation. This kind of illustrates it: So, the event that got me to sign up was reading a new post about someone with narrow feet but whose toes stay wide in the toe box - they don’t taper, so he frequently gets squashed up there if the shoes fit elsewhere. One member replied that he should look into Alden, another Tricker’s, and another suggested two specific J. FitzPatrick lasts. I wanted to give a thumbs up, and second all that with my experience. It occurs to me now that me of a year ago would have had no idea what present day me was talking about. Who? Lasts? MTO? What?

It’s places like this that have given me the education to buy clothes that fit better, look better, and last longer (unless I decide that’s not a priority). So, thanks, everyone. Hope to say something useful or entertaining now and then.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Like others I have finally joined after several months of lurking since the internet kept pointing me here as The Place Where My Questions Have Answers!

(Unfortunately I have spent many years living in a time warp and so am unfamiliar with basic blog technology. So to begin this post, I hit “reply” to the parent post and then erased the unneeded quote ... if that’s not the way to do it, please educate me!)

I have always had an eye for color but never understood fit or quality construction. The covid shutdown forced me to look online to replace some basics, and I was looking to not screw up the order ... within weeks I had surrounded myself with spreadsheets and a tape measure and an apricot and a copy of Alan Flusser. All to buy a new pair of “khakis” ...

It has been a great transformation. This kind of illustrates it: So, the event that got me to sign up was reading a new post about someone with narrow feet but whose toes stay wide in the toe box - they don’t taper, so he frequently gets squashed up there if the shoes fit elsewhere. One member replied that he should look into Alden, another Tricker’s, and another suggested two specific J. FitzPatrick lasts. I wanted to give a thumbs up, and second all that with my experience. It occurs to me now that me of a year ago would have had no idea what present day me was talking about. Who? Lasts? MTO? What?

It’s places like this that have given me the education to buy clothes that fit better, look better, and last longer (unless I decide that’s not a priority). So, thanks, everyone. Hope to say something useful or entertaining now and then.
Hello, hopefully our answers will prove to be satisfactory. Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads