• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mm3

Reaction score
I just joined after lurking for far too long. I wanted to share my experiences on Savile Row. Several years ago I was fortunate enough to have a fantastic year (I’m an attorney and I devoted part of my bonus to clothes, shoesand a lovely watch. I thought I’d share my experience and see what those of you who have tried Savile Row have found.

First the watch. I bought a Breguet La Tradition and it has become my go to dress watch. This one has the skeleton that is an almost exact copy of a circa 1800 Breguet pocket watch. Easily one of my favorite splurges ever.

Next, the shoes. I had George Cleverley’s make me a pair of wingtips. They were not cheap -!; it took three fittings, but they are hands down the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.

I had these started in London. I had a business trip there and stayed on for a week vacationing and fitting shoes, shirts and suits. Before I left I made appointments at Cleverley, Emma Willis, Gieves & Hawkes, Henry Poole, Huntsman, Anderson & Sheppard and Dege & Skinner. This was the splurge of a lifetime, to put it mildly.

Emma Willis was a terrific experience. A very detailed fitting session and since I know my favorite style, picking the details was a breeze. The fabrics are Swiss and they are magnificent. It took a half hour to pick but I ended up with three very fine Egyptian cotton fabrics from which I made three solid and one subtle striped shirts. The first arrived as a perfect fit and the others arrived several weeks later, also perfect. What I loved is that they didn’t fight me about the neck size. I like a little bit of room, and they accommodated me. They have held up to repeated laundering and still look and fit perfectly. They are my go to shirt maker now.

I had a blast on Savile Row and I’ll go into more detail in a future post, but my man now is Davide Taub at Gieves & Hawkes. Really, I loved the way all of them came out. It was a close call and they are different suits (I enjoy a bit of variety), but the rapport with Davide was terrific and he knew what I wanted before I did.

I’d love to hear about others’ bespoke experiences.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello there, you no longer need to lurk. Welcome to the forum!

RanchltUp

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been all over gra!led, red!t and the TF disc for a while now. Always see this community mentioned as a great place to buy and sell. Looking to trade some 18E pants and hopefully contribute to some of the community discussions.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've been all over gra!led, red!t and the TF disc for a while now. Always see this community mentioned as a great place to buy and sell. Looking to trade some 18E pants and hopefully contribute to some of the community discussions.

Cheers!
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Glen Check

Reaction score
Yo,
I am a long-time lurker with a freshly minted account. I thought I would drop in and say hey. Looking forward to engaging with the community. I have historically been a big raw denim and workwear guy but I am looking to get my trouser game up. I was considering giving Spier & Mack a look. Where would be a good place to look for a Spier & Mack referral code around here?

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo,
I am a long-time lurker with a freshly minted account. I thought I would drop in and say hey. Looking forward to engaging with the community. I have historically been a big raw denim and workwear guy but I am looking to get my trouser game up. I was considering giving Spier & Mack a look. Where would be a good place to look for a Spier & Mack referral code around here?
Spier & McKay affiliate thread in Classic Menswear

LC7

Reaction score
Hello. Bit of a lurker but made an account to ask a question

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been a longtime lurker and am happy to have setup a freshly minted account. I’m a soon-to-be lawyer hoping to bring back classic mens style into the legal profession (and professional/business community more generaly). I plan to share and review MTM and bespoke suiting projects as I begin them with you all.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have been a longtime lurker and am happy to have setup a freshly minted account. I’m a soon-to-be lawyer hoping to bring back classic mens style into the legal profession (and professional/business community more generaly). I plan to share and review MTM and bespoke suiting projects as I begin them with you all.

Looking forward to engaging with everyone!
Welcome counselor to be, you need lurk no longer. Welcome to the forum!

JasonB89

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Ki Yoon, but you can call me by my English name which is Jason. :)

Long time lurker here and I finally decided to make an account to participate in the discussions.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Ki Yoon, but you can call me by my English name which is Jason. :)

Long time lurker here and I finally decided to make an account to participate in the discussions.
Hi Ki Yoon, welcome aboard!

king_of_cups

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I came here after years of looking for a kind of forum like this, and am glad to have found it! I'm a longtime classical musician, who's now working in education in the desert outside LA (basically halfway between LA and Palm Springs). My "style journey" (yuck!) has been that I've always liked classic mens style, but until recently haven't been able to afford anything. Of course, now that I can, the people where I live are actively offended by anyone wearing anything more dressy than a polo shirt.

I'm looking forward to learning more about menswear from all of you, especially for tips on how to build a classic wardrobe when you earn "teacher" money. If you have questions about how to sound like you know what you're listening to at the opera, I'm happy to trade tips!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads