• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello StyleForum,

Manuel here, from Spain. After losing some pounds (well, a lot), adding a workout routine, finding a new job in a more conservative environment and having to move to away colder place, I found my pre-existing wardrobe useless. I've been seeking for advice on some Spainsh-speaking forums, youtube... which helped me to build a versatile budget-friendly wardrobe. I'm more into business casual but my work (consultancy) requires higher dress code.

I hope this forum helps me to complete it, learn new things and later on help others.

Best.
Hi Manuel, glad to hear that you're getting in shape and have a new job. Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
I am Harry
Live on an island in the Med.
I wear anything ,from wool suits with shirt pins to worn look jeans and funky shirts with loafers
Love anything that is Italian and I wish I could spent my retirement years in a house in a graphic Italian village ,wearing my suits under the vine tree looking at the fields of Toscana and drinking my vino
Engaged to a lovely girl
I own many clothes from TF to bespoke silk dinner jackets
This forum has been my get to when I have questions about fashion
Harry
Hi Harry, it sounds as if you've got yourself a really cool lifestyle. Any questions? Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi StyleFroum,

I´m Efra from Mexico City.
I really like fashion from vintage styles to Avant Garde japanese designers.
I'm looking forward to meeting and learning from everyone here!
Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Im Charlotte & very new to here but Very pleased to be here too ? I work in engineered wood flooring manufacturing in the Uk ?? ?
Hello Charlotte, happy to have you here. Welcome to the forum!

Halibut

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Halibut. I think I'm like a crate digger but for clothes? I enjoy the search and the research. I like seeing how other people choose to style clothing and how two people can wear the same piece very differently. Sorry, I don't much care about denim or FCL jackets =] Can I still stay here?

woadwarrior

Reaction score
Hi all,
Long time lurker and decided to take the plunge & sign up.

I am in NZ and am starting to move away from the casual shorts & jandals (or sneakers in the winter) to slightly more elegant avenues. However I am more into classic styles rather than bleeding edge fashionista stuff.

I also don't own a single pair of gumboots. Sorry.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in NZ and am starting to move away from the casual shorts & jandals (or sneakers in the winter) to slightly more elegant avenues. However I am more into classic styles rather than bleeding edge fashionista stuff.

Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Halibut. I think I'm like a crate digger but for clothes? I enjoy the search and the research. I like seeing how other people choose to style clothing and how two people can wear the same piece very differently. Sorry, I don't much care about denim or FCL jackets =] Can I still stay here?
Welcome to the forum!

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm Matthew. I'm a recent college graduate having earned my bachelor's degree in Vocal Performance. Going into college, I was a horrible dresser who's attire was swayed by comfort, cheapness, and trends. As someone entering the classical music profession, I knew I had to up my style game. I owed it to my profession and my own self. This is when I became entranced by classic menswear. By the end of my degree, my wardrobe had transformed from the afore-mentioned aesthetic to one really representing a youth delving in the classic men's style world, though I am still on the journey to always look my best.

I am currently taking a gap year before returning to university and pursuing a master's degree in Vocal performance. This year I've been teaching voice lessons, taking local gigs, and flipping thrift finds around my locale.

Pleasure to be here and engaging after being a lurker for many years!
Matthew

PhilBily

Reaction score
Heyya!

Phil here. After moving around the world over the past few years I (re)settled down in Singapore, started working in design a year ago, and am extending my aesthetic pursuit into the world of wearables. Working in a fairly casual office and my formal wears are mostly shelved; transitioning away from the high street look to something more personal; also working on Marie Kondo-ing 1/4 of my current wardrobe made of Muji and Uniqlo.

To me, fashion ought to be functional and fun, and appreciating the diversity and dynamism created by different designers is extremely enjoyable. I love AW looks the most and thoroughly enjoyed roaming around in my layers, but unfortunately am living in tropics now. Therefore I am mostly looking into summer outfits, especially since travelling is unavailable at the moment. Of course, any frugal fashion advice is always welcome!

Recently in love with Jacquemus

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm Matthew. I'm a recent college graduate having earned my bachelor's degree in Vocal Performance. Going into college, I was a horrible dresser who's attire was swayed by comfort, cheapness, and trends. As someone entering the classical music profession, I knew I had to up my style game. I owed it to my profession and my own self. This is when I became entranced by classic menswear. By the end of my degree, my wardrobe had transformed from the afore-mentioned aesthetic to one really representing a youth delving in the classic men's style world, though I am still on the journey to always look my best.

I am currently taking a gap year before returning to university and pursuing a master's degree in Vocal performance. This year I've been teaching voice lessons, taking local gigs, and flipping thrift finds around my locale.

Pleasure to be here and engaging after being a lurker for many years!
Matthew
Hello Mathew, you need lurk no longer. Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heyya!

Phil here. After moving around the world over the past few years I (re)settled down in Singapore, started working in design a year ago, and am extending my aesthetic pursuit into the world of wearables. Working in a fairly casual office and my formal wears are mostly shelved; transitioning away from the high street look to something more personal; also working on Marie Kondo-ing 1/4 of my current wardrobe made of Muji and Uniqlo.

To me, fashion ought to be functional and fun, and appreciating the diversity and dynamism created by different designers is extremely enjoyable. I love AW looks the most and thoroughly enjoyed roaming around in my layers, but unfortunately am living in tropics now. Therefore I am mostly looking into summer outfits, especially since travelling is unavailable at the moment. Of course, any frugal fashion advice is always welcome!

Recently in love with Jacquemus
Hi Phil, 'fashion ought to be functional and fun, and appreciating the diversity and dynamism created by different designers', you're on the right track. Give my best regards to Raffles Center & Orchard Road.

davidmark

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm David a menswear designer you can check out my latest video

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hello... I worked in NZ for a couple of years back in 2011-2013, beautiful country.

Your comments made me smile, as from recollection Kiwi's took the casual Friday look to the extreme, with shorts and no shoes etc. I found it all very odd.

Perhaps you can evangelise among the sartorially unconverted?? Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads