• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the last three pair i posted they are all Santoni's with goodyear soles. Two days ago i get my first pair of A Testoni ( Not Alligator ) I see some boots on ebay who seems nice new price seams 1090 dollar i make a joke bid for 180 dollar next day i see he sold them to my for that price and i must say they are very nice qualety boots. I didn't suspected that anymore because he sell them that rapid without fighting for a higher price. I also seen one pair with him with some small alligator detail on it. But need to stop buying shoes in general. I am a shoe addict who needs rehab. ;)
Santoni, has really come up. A. Testoni used to be a main stay pick of mine for upscale footwear. Unfortunately, I feel that their quality has diminished during that past five years or so.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am Rob. I am in my late 20's, I enjoy reading, gardening, coding, working out, and riding my motorcycle. I believe that wearing comfortable clothing that emboldens you to be the best version of yourself is amazing! I firmly believe in quality over quantity, minimalism, and keeping a small collection of grails that make you happy.

I hope to learn from the community here regarding fashion, lifestyle, life advice, and of course style tips. This forum is certainly very different from reddit, but I already have seen great value on learning more about the brands I adore (ex. Alden).

Thank you for having me.
Rob, happy to have you here. Welcome!

NavyHopsack

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm NavyHopsack! I started my CM journey about a year ago with quality dress shoes, and recently gotten into wearing SCs and dress trousers from Spier and Mackay. Unfortunately I don't get to dress up much now that I'm only working in the office twice a week, but at least it's still an opportunity!

Other than CM, I love hiking, photography, audio equipment, and gaming.

I'll most likely continue to lurk, but always appreciate the discussions and advice on the forums.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm NavyHopsack! I started my CM journey about a year ago with quality dress shoes, and recently gotten into wearing SCs and dress trousers from Spier and Mackay. Unfortunately I don't get to dress up much now that I'm only working in the office twice a week, but at least it's still an opportunity!

Other than CM, I love hiking, photography, audio equipment, and gaming.

I'll most likely continue to lurk, but always appreciate the discussions and advice on the forums.
Hello NavyHopsack, that's quite a moniker! No more lurkin' need, welcome aboard!

no_regerts

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm no_regerts. This is technically not my first post, since what brought me to SF was a sort of emergency fit-check on a navy blazer I've just had made (head on over if you want to lend a hand - I'd greatly appreciate it).

All the same, it's good to be here! I've often lurked on SF over the years when it's been the only place Google gives me for certain fashion questions, but in the past 24h I realized I needed to sign up.

I've always had an intuition about what sorts of things I like to wear and how they fit me, but I've never had the vocabulary to put that stuff into words. As I begin to spend a little money on custom-made menswear, I'd like to use SF to build up my confidence when I have things tailored for me, altered/adjusted, or when I shop for off-the-rack stuff.

Thanks for having me!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm no_regerts. This is technically not my first post, since what brought me to SF was a sort of emergency fit-check on a navy blazer I've just had made (head on over if you want to lend a hand - I'd greatly appreciate it).

All the same, it's good to be here! I've often lurked on SF over the years when it's been the only place Google gives me for certain fashion questions, but in the past 24h I realized I needed to sign up.

I've always had an intuition about what sorts of things I like to wear and how they fit me, but I've never had the vocabulary to put that stuff into words. As I begin to spend a little money on custom-made menswear, I'd like to use SF to build up my confidence when I have things tailored for me, altered/adjusted, or when I shop for off-the-rack stuff.

Thanks for having me!
Hello, glad that you had your realization. No need to lurk about or fret. One should only do as Capt. Picard(Star Trek TNG) is known to request, engage!

HEX98

Reaction score
Hey there!
Name’s Tom. I’m a 21 year old sociology student whose interest was initially piqued by quality wear found in thrift shops. It’s done nothing but exponentially increase ever since I started caring much more about reducing my footprint in not only clothing but photography, auto, technology and more as well. Don’t really want to buy and buy more of the same things just because they’re inexpensive and poorly constructed.
Some of my biggest instructors have been SRS from Gentleman’s Gazette in what basically constitutes a good quality garment, as well as Rose Anvil on quality leather and leather goods. Trenton and Heath took that place in footwear and Styleforum on everything else. Must admit: I’ve been a lurker for some time over a year.
I’ve since noticed the need to register since not all of the information I sometimes find of interest is available elsewhere, such as how certain shoe lasts fit, or just about when this or that brand went from great to garbage. There’s probably someone in this forum who can answer every single question I’ve got.
Now, a particularity in my menswear journey is that I live in Costa Rica. That means at least three things: quality garments are prohibitively expensive, the store selection is extremely limited and it’s usually way too hot to wear a suit jacket and wool pants. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to.
Now, as to what my style is. If I’m honest, it’s still a work in progress although I tend to prefer more classic articulations of fashion. I’m not at all for the current skinny fit suits and the like, even when I consider they’d look oftentimes very dapper on my small, somewhat athletic thin frame. My ideal suit is something versatile, timeless, very fresh and ideally MTM due to my aforementioned physical attributes. A former swimming enthusiasts, my shoulders are much, much wider than my hips which leads to the usual drop in most RTW pieces being positively inadequate. Plus, they’re either horribly made and cheap or decent and very pricey. Shoes, honestly, I’m only able to buy used on the internet since the “finest” store, a Florsheim (gasp!) flagship, closed down a few years ago. God! Just imagine the lengths I’d have to go to purchase quality footwear. Having preferred sneakers in the past, my only decent dress shoes are a pair of vintage burgundy Florsheim bookbinder loafers which I adore and ran me under $2 at the flea market downtown. They’re in need of new top lifts, too.
Anyways, enough about myself. I hope this is just the very beginning of a long lasting relationship with this forum and its people.
It’s a pleasure to meet you!

HEX98

Reaction score
Thanks you very much, Sinyo!
Can't wait to be a very active member in this blog. So much to learn!
Tom

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks you very much, Sinyo!
Can't wait to be a very active member in this blog. So much to learn!
Tom
Tom, there's much to learn for all of us, continuing process & never ending.

91BBell

Reaction score
Hi, big fan of John Elliott and looking to get into some more brands!

AVG

Reaction score
Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. After months reading the forum contents I have finally decided to joint you.

I am mainly interested in soft tailoring but really looking forward to learn from you all. I just moved to a country in which temperatures are way lower than in my country of origin (Norway vs Italy), so I guess that your experience will be very valuable while facing the reorganization of my wardrobe.

Best wishes,

AVG

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. After months reading the forum contents I have finally decided to joint you.

I am mainly interested in soft tailoring but really looking forward to learn from you all. I just moved to a country in which temperatures are way lower than in my country of origin (Norway vs Italy), so I guess that your experience will be very valuable while facing the reorganization of my wardrobe.

Best wishes,

AVG
AVG, what questions do you have on reorganizing your wardrobe? Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: AVG

AVG

Reaction score
AVG, what questions do you have on reorganizing your wardrobe? Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the warming welcoming.

Mainly how to learn to do layering while playing with textures/patterns. In Italy we mainly enjoy of beautiful fabrics and cuts, now I guess that it will be the time to became more pragmatic in sake of usability.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads