• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackpalms

Reaction score
Happy feet today.

Attachments

• IMG_8368.JPG
    IMG_8368.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 44

spenstella

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Patrice. The Carmina GMTO brought me here from r/goodyearwelt. I've been looking for an aesthetic that feels like "home" and also like I'm not trying too hard to be stylish. I think I've found that in the "workwear" style which I also like to mix up with some more traditionally feminine pieces. It's been fun!

I'm kind of obsessed with shoes and have virtually an entire room just for my footwear. Oops.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Patrice, if you arrived here by way of the Carmina GMTO, then you certainly travel by first class.
Welcome!

spenstella

Reaction score
Hello Patrice, if you arrived here by way of the Carmina GMTO, then you certainly travel by first class.
Welcome!
Thank you! ? Maybe I'll get to first class with the current GMTO! I was a big Red Wing fan and recently moved on to Tricker's. I'm inquiring with Standard & Strange on a Wesco boot and a Lofgren boot, but the Carmina GMTO really piqued my interest!

Blackpalms

Reaction score
Damn two times. Those greys are killer. Did you have them made to order?
No I buy them third hand, this two pair only walked on a couple of time's by the first owner who made to order the shoes. The guy i buy them from never walked on the shoes. Harki one forum member was the made to order person. I got lucky ;)

Blackpalms

Reaction score
Black Monday ?

Attachments

• PHOTO-2020-09-14-08-53-16.jpg
    PHOTO-2020-09-14-08-53-16.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 29

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Monday indeed! Those are killer! I used to have a pair of A. Testoni similar to these. Who did you say the manufacturer was?

Blackpalms

Reaction score
Black Monday indeed! Those are killer! I used to have a pair of A. Testoni similar to these. Who did you say the manufacturer was?
From the last three pair i posted they are all Santoni's with goodyear soles. Two days ago i get my first pair of A Testoni ( Not Alligator ) I see some boots on ebay who seems nice new price seams 1090 dollar i make a joke bid for 180 dollar next day i see he sold them to my for that price and i must say they are very nice qualety boots. I didn't suspected that anymore because he sell them that rapid without fighting for a higher price. I also seen one pair with him with some small alligator detail on it. But need to stop buying shoes in general. I am a shoe addict who needs rehab. ;)

Blackpalms

Reaction score
200 dollar include the shipping. Purple, black it seams. They are better looking than the pictures.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 76
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 127

Linden

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Linden. I live in Asia, used to live in London. I'm in my late 40s. I enjoy good clothing, and I am enjoying the journey.

The interest began about 7 years ago with pieces mostly from Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, Isaia, Fray, Alfred Dunhill. All RTW, mostly pants, shirts, leather, coats, scarves, etc, sports jackets in the unlined soft-tailored linen style, that sort of thing.

About 18 months ago I began to review what I was doing, started reading Simon Crompton's Permanent Style, which has had a big influence, first of all on the idea of 'fit' as a high priority (I had been mostly prioritising high quality fabrics, but fit was not always right, even with some alterations). I had also not been paying attention enough to shoes. I bought in sales mostly, at places like Paul Smith - nice, classics with a twist.

But the idea of fit has led me to decide that the next tailored pieces will all be a mix of MTM and bespoke, and because that ramps up the price (I had always bought RTW in the bi-annual sales, and mostly, but not always, at the outlets in Bicester, and The Mall near Florence). My focus now is on choosing, carefully, some classic pieces, to keep and enjoy long term.

I guess too, after 7 years exploring this hobby, I'm clearer in my own mind of what I want, what I feel comfortable wearing (and, I guess, projecting).

This year - before the pandemic grounded us all - I bought my first pairs of shoes in Edward Green's London store, and then one more pair of EG's in Hong Kong. (My next target is Aubercy). The EG's have confirmed for me that buying quality I won't tire of, and in styles I will wear and enjoy, I can enjoy fewer pieces, and for longer. That's the hope anyway. I realise there are other psychological things going on when we shop - as recently beautifully presented by 'Die, Workwear', (which is what reminded me to come sign up here at Style Forum - and take a look at the 'Contentment' thread.) So, I acknowledge that all this is a process.

And during lockdown? Focusing on getting in better shape. My weight has fluctuated a lot, and there are some lovely pieces I've not been able to wear for a long time. I'm focusing on that, and health and family generally. .... and some rather odd behaviour. This week I bought ties from Drake's, Tie Your Tie, and Shibumi, and pocket squares from Simmonot-Godard. Little packages have begun to arrive. When am I going to wear them? Lol. I guess there is some optimism in this.

Often I wear polos (Loro Piana), or t-shirts (Son of a Tailor) with lightweight jeans (Corneliani), because it is so hot and humid where I'm living, and if I'm just at home (remote working), or heading out for a bite to eat at lunch... But I'm making an effort to enjoy dressing a bit smarter now and then, even if just for me and my wife, just for the sake of it.

Ok, I've written a lot. I look forward to exploring this site, and learning the others' experiences and expertise here, and helping out with anything I can too.

Thanks.

soywasabi5

Reaction score
Hi, I am Rob. I am in my late 20's, I enjoy reading, gardening, coding, working out, and riding my motorcycle. I believe that wearing comfortable clothing that emboldens you to be the best version of yourself is amazing! I firmly believe in quality over quantity, minimalism, and keeping a small collection of grails that make you happy.

I hope to learn from the community here regarding fashion, lifestyle, life advice, and of course style tips. This forum is certainly very different from reddit, but I already have seen great value on learning more about the brands I adore (ex. Alden).

Thank you for having me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads