• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey -

My name is Bill. I am 39 years old, I live in Columbus Ohio.

Just joined the forum - I came here because someone who wrote a blog I was reading referred to this forum as getting his information so. It sounded like a place where people were knowledgeable about higher end menswear.

I do photography on the side and because of that I have contracted to do work with Magnanni several times over the last couple years. So with that sometimes I work in shoes as part of my payment, so I have several pairs. My Marcelo Boots are the ones I have had the longest, they haven't been worn much and have always had a shoe tree but I have done nothing else to them otherwise. But I recently just picked up 2 more pair Friday so I am to the point now to where I need to learn more about the cleaning and care.

I just ordered ----
Saphir Medaille d'Or Pommadier Cream 75ml - Neutral
Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator
Otter Wax Saddle Soap | 2oz | All-Natural Leather Cleaner | Made in USA
Jovitec 3 Pieces Horsehair Shoes Polish Brushes

That seemed to be a pretty decent starting point from my research. I am sorta going back on forth on the "Renovator" as they seems to be some good and bad with it. I may just return it and just use the cream for now since I am still learning proper technique and products

I look forward to lurking and learning here.
Hello Bill, you need not lurk about. Welcome to our forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i have been reading these threads for a while now, but thought it was about time I registered ?. I have a love for shoes and classic menswear in general, and tend to spend way more than my partner, so should find some likeminded people over here.
Welcome!

SAlexD

Reaction score
Hi SAlexD here.

37 year old engineer, on a journey to slowly build up my wardrobe and invest in more quality items. My style is quality casual and I'm mainly into shoes, boots, demin and leather.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi SAlexD here.

37 year old engineer, on a journey to slowly build up my wardrobe and invest in more quality items. My style is quality casual and I'm mainly into shoes, boots, demin and leather.
Welcome aboard!

Pax Britannica

Reaction score
Hello! I came here because I want to dress formal and decent. I would like to invest in classic and quality.

TheBookie

Reaction score
TheBookie here. Born and bred Londoner, long time lurker and hoping to contribute to this community little by little. Got in way over my head a few years ago starting off with a pair of Loake and then straight into G&G. No going back now!

On the hunt for better trousers...

lowland4me

Reaction score
TheBookie here. Born and bred Londoner, long time lurker and hoping to contribute to this community little by little. Got in way over my head a few years ago starting off with a pair of Loake and then straight into G&G. No going back now!

Welcome aboard fellow "over my head'r"!

cale.robertson

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

My name is Cale, I'm a 22 year old graduate student at the University of Missouri-Columbia. I enjoy dressing up, but struggle with looking over-dressed in most situations. So, my wardrobe relies heavily on OCBD's and casual sport coats. Being from a farming community I can often be found in cowboy boots lol. Glad to join this forum, I have much to learn.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I came here because I want to dress formal and decent. I would like to invest in classic and quality.
Hi, wanting to learn about formal attire is a laudable aspiration. Investing in classic style and quality pieces is a good start. Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Staring off with Loake and straight into G&G, both of which are superb brands. Bookie indeed! Lol! Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

My name is Cale, I'm a 22 year old graduate student at the University of Missouri-Columbia. I enjoy dressing up, but struggle with looking over-dressed in most situations. So, my wardrobe relies heavily on OCBD's and casual sport coats. Being from a farming community I can often be found in cowboy boots lol. Glad to join this forum, I have much to learn.
Hi Cale, even those of us with some sartorial experience began our journey by putting one foot forward and one step at a time. Enjoy the journey. Welcome to the forum!

hbk320

Reaction score
I'm Scotty and have been enjoying men's clothings for a while. I especially love shoes and recently other garments as of late.

monkey66

Reaction score
HI all. Long time browser. UK, nearly 50 and beginning to grow up. Getting more obsessive and more classical with my wardrobe as each year goes by. Love shoes (and polishing), ties, tweed, silk, coffee, whiskey, cigars, knives, cars, hi-fi, guitars ...you all know the story :).

Keep finding myself referencing SF when exploring brands so decided to make it formal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads