• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Myszy

Reaction score
Hi all!

Long time reader here, finally decided to register and try to contribute :)

Cheers

trybeingarun

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm Arun. Used to be a terrible dresser; now making an effort to not be a eyesore :) .

- Arun

Reaction score
Hello! I’m RA. Got really intrigued reading on all the different threads here, and was inspired by Derek Guy’s writing to join in on the discussion.

I like workwear a lot, especially when it overlaps with more classic menswear/rugged ivy. Hope to be more active moving forward.

Lvo

Reaction score
Hi,

i have been reading these threads for a while now, but thought it was about time I registered ?. I have a love for shoes and classic menswear in general, and tend to spend way more than my partner, so should find some likeminded people over here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I’m RA. Got really intrigued reading on all the different threads here, and was inspired by Derek Guy’s writing to join in on the discussion.

I like workwear a lot, especially when it overlaps with more classic menswear/rugged ivy. Hope to be more active moving forward.
Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i have been reading these threads for a while now, but thought it was about time I registered ?. I have a love for shoes and classic menswear in general, and tend to spend way more than my partner, so should find some likeminded people over here.
Welcome to the forum!

new_to_suits

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am Ralf, 29 years of age, and I am delving into the world of suits!

I have some experience with colour theory and building my general casual wardrobe. And I have become a sucker for GoodYearWelted shoes!

I am now starting as a consultant where I will have to wear a suit every day (but not tie) and I have not a single one right now that fits me since I lost a lot of weight, so I have to build a decent wardrobe in the next 3 weeks!

I am reading a lot on this forum and have also been cross-referencing posts here from Reddit like these ones.

I am currently based in the Netherlands, but will move to Switzerland.

Any advice on (threads discussing) straightforward advice on building a beginners wardrobe that is minimalist and versatile are highly appreciated!

Thanks so much! :)

billbishere

Reaction score
Hey -

My name is Bill. I am 39 years old, I live in Columbus Ohio.

Just joined the forum - I came here because someone who wrote a blog I was reading referred to this forum as getting his information so. It sounded like a place where people were knowledgeable about higher end menswear.

I do photography on the side and because of that I have contracted to do work with Magnanni several times over the last couple years. So with that sometimes I work in shoes as part of my payment, so I have several pairs. My Marcelo Boots are the ones I have had the longest, they haven't been worn much and have always had a shoe tree but I have done nothing else to them otherwise. But I recently just picked up 2 more pair Friday so I am to the point now to where I need to learn more about the cleaning and care.

I just ordered ----
Saphir Medaille d'Or Pommadier Cream 75ml - Neutral
Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator
Otter Wax Saddle Soap | 2oz | All-Natural Leather Cleaner | Made in USA
Jovitec 3 Pieces Horsehair Shoes Polish Brushes

That seemed to be a pretty decent starting point from my research. I am sorta going back on forth on the "Renovator" as they seems to be some good and bad with it. I may just return it and just use the cream for now since I am still learning proper technique and products

I look forward to lurking and learning here.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm James, I'm 33, a doctoral student in philosophy (who previously worked independently as a professor).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads