• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmhender

Reaction score
Hi there, my is Kevin and I am long time styleforum lurker, new member. A North American now living in London and getting to a point in life where I can afford to be a little more particular about my wardrobe. I spend most of my waking hours in a suit and tie so hopefully will be involved in similar threads.

usmanc

Reaction score
Hi all, I go by UC. I am also a lurker for some time now and finally getting into classic menswear fashion. I am a dentist in Houston, TX. I like to wear a suit and tie at work. For a casual day out, I prefer a shirt and slacks. Just some random tidbits: I am a fan of Eton shirts, E.G. Cappelli ties, Hermes ties, and Crockett and Jones shoes. I would love any recommendations for quality (and possibly bespoke depending on price) menswear that will suit my style. Very nice meeting you all!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, my is Kevin and I am long time styleforum lurker, new member. A North American now living in London and getting to a point in life where I can afford to be a little more particular about my wardrobe. I spend most of my waking hours in a suit and tie so hopefully will be involved in similar threads.
Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I go by UC. I am also a lurker for some time now and finally getting into classic menswear fashion. I am a dentist in Houston, TX. I like to wear a suit and tie at work. For a casual day out, I prefer a shirt and slacks. Just some random tidbits: I am a fan of Eton shirts, E.G. Cappelli ties, Hermes ties, and Crockett and Jones shoes. I would love any recommendations for quality (and possibly bespoke depending on price) menswear that will suit my style. Very nice meeting you all!
Hello Dr. UC, Eton shirts, Cappelli & Hermes ties, C&J shoes are all excellent choices and show great style in my book. Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Alex 20 y.o, i'm a Tokyo Style ambassador, Dancer and also a designer and freelancer, lost my job due to Covid stuff. Got cheat by my girl and etc(yeah my life is a mess), I was never a stylish dude but i've been working on my style for almost 4 years. i come from a poor Family so i had 2 part time when i was 15, i was able to save almost 30,000$ but lost everything cuz my mom got sick so i had to pay treatment+surgery. Its a hard life but i'm sure i'll get over this
Hi Alex, sorry to hear of your troubles. Wishing you brightness in your life. Welcome to the forum!

l_tap

Reaction score
Hola!

My name is Luis, and I just joined the forum. A bit about me,I'm just a normal guy, with expensive tastes and a practical budget, I love to travel and have been to 27 countries, with the goal of 40 by 40 years old. I am a real estate broker by trade, but have a crazy dream to start a boot brand and have been between CA & Mexico trying to make that dream come true until I hit a wall known as COVID-19. Im here to learn, share, and contribute to this community.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hola!

My name is Luis, and I just joined the forum. A bit about me,I'm just a normal guy, with expensive tastes and a practical budget, I love to travel and have been to 27 countries, with the goal of 40 by 40 years old. I am a real estate broker by trade, but have a crazy dream to start a boot brand and have been between CA & Mexico trying to make that dream come true until I hit a wall known as COVID-19. Im here to learn, share, and contribute to this community.

Cheers!
Hi Luis, happy to have you here. I'm curious about your prospective plans upstart a boot brand in CA or Mexico. We have many talented leather workers here in So. Cal. Best of luck to you.

l_tap

Reaction score
Hi Luis, happy to have you here. I'm curious about your prospective plans upstart a boot brand in CA or Mexico. We have many talented leather workers here in So. Cal. Best of luck to you.

Hi Sinyo,

We will be based out of Sacramento Ca and Guanajuato Mexico. Im from Sacramento and the vast majority of our marketing and sales efforts will be focused on the US market with a minimal focus on the Mexican market (it's much smaller than the US market, but there is opportunity here).

Im not to familiar with the shoemakers/leather workers in SoCal, and i'm not opposed to manufacturing in my home state, its something I would definitely consider in the future.

One of the reasons we chose Mexico was because it was convenient, my family is from a small town about an hour away from the principal shoe making city in all of North America (Leon, Gto), and traveling to and from is very easy. They have a long and storied history making shoes in that city, and the shear concentration of suppliers, talent, and experience is hard to beat. Add to that, the free trade agreement between the two countries, the fact that I am fluent in the language, the proximity, and the cost of producing the boots, and it was just to hard of an opportunity to pass up. Also, it's interesting to note that a lot of the raw materials used in the shoe making process within Mexico actually come from the US, in particular the cow hides. Cumulatively it felt like the right choice for us to produce in Mexico.

We are focused on making high quality boots using traditional goodyear welt construction. Our main focus will be on the casual boot market, but we will release a few cowboy boot models as well, and maybe expand (if all goes well) into loafers, and leather sandals down the road.

It has been an absolute blast thus far, and i'm learning more and more each and every day. If anyone is interested I can start a thread on our progress, it may be interesting for anyone who wants to launch their brand to read about my experiance.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there, yes, it makes sense to produce in Mexico, perhaps finish the product in CA. Such is the way for the production of many clothing items sold in the USA and abroad, same goes leather goods. Happy to follow your company if you'll send a link to your website.

koobs84

Reaction score
Hello folks!! Found this sight while searching reviews on Wolverine 1000 mile boots. Always been a sneakerhead but as I've gotten older I've developed an interest in boots and shoes that will last for many years. My collection has grown with many Wolverine, Danner, Trickers, and Alden boots/shoes. Looking to purchase more Wolverine boots in other colors as well as some Allen Edmonds!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads