• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello SF, I am a mechanical engineering masters student at Tufts University, currently researching Aerospace Engineering and Autonomous systems, and will be pursuing my Ph.D afterwards. I am also a Software Engineer tech lead (prefer to leave my company anonymous). I come from a traditional southern preppy family. As a black sheep nerd who used to distance myself from our history of sailing, golfing, country clubs, brunch, suits, and station wagons, I recently realized that I loved my families history, despite it's problematic origins, and I wanted to jump back on board and continue the preppy traditions of my family, firstly by learning how to dress. I spent much of my time focusing on school, and decided I can spend more time on lifestyle and style.
Hi T&O, you may find yourself creating a new narrative for yourself here. Happy to assist.

mabbitt

Reaction score
Hello SF.
I just joined this forum.
I'd say I'm a new entrepreneur because I'll be launching my own shoe company soon.
Still working on the samples and stuff.
would love to learn more from you guys in the style industry, shoe in particular.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Hi, everyone - thanks for the add! I got into quality footwear about a year ago, and came across this forum occasionally in my searches and on other platforms, so thought I should join. I’m looking forward to learning from others about this newfound passion, and also hopefully to provide a good home to some new additions ;)

I currently live in Hong Kong, where the in-store models don’t exactly cater to larger foot sizes, so expect a few sizing questions, as well as a general fascination with all of your amazing shoe and boot collections. Thanks again, and looking forward to the discussions!

Cheers!

itsbk93

Reaction score
Hey Style Forum Member,

Thanks for making me a part of your community. My Name is Bhargav. I am 25 years old and have completed my Bachelors in Industrial Engineering and Management. Post which I have had a professional stint as a Business Head at a Creative Agency providing consulting for Branding, Marketing, and Advertising to Brands. My Family Background roots into the Business of Retail Chain of Super Markets across India.

With my stint as a Business Head, I realized and learned and started loving design in anything and everything. Just daily observation. And here I am for the same today, as I am about to start a venture into Lifestyle Products for Men and Women both for Work and Casual. For the same, I'll be writing in a new post.

Excited to be a valuable part of the style community.

Cheers,
Bhargav

MaE

Reaction score
Helle everyone,

I already have posted some messages and pictures here and there but didn’t even introduce myself in this topic, I hope you will forgive me?

My name is Marc, I’m 27 years old and live in the french speaking part of Switzerland.

I don’t really know why I have gotten more and more interested in clothing and shoes in the last few years because no one in my personal/professional environment really cares about this at all. I guess that I’m just genuinely interested in well crafted, timeless objects. It has all started with watches, furniture and design when I got my first apartment and now… well, I’m little by little trying to update my wardrobe with nice pieces of clothing that I like and that - hopefully - will last!

Since I don’t need to dress up for work, I can choose whatever type of clothes I like and I have to admit that it’s a lot of fun when you can pick anything from a casual shirt to chino and flannel trousers and don’t have to stick mainly/only to business suits and shirts.

I don’t think that I will add much more then that because I don’t want to get boring :) ! I’m looking forward to participate in the forum and wish everyone a great day!

Best,

MaE

Edit: I'll probably be most active on the Weston and Paraboot threads since I quite like these two brands, for everything else I'll probably mostly watch what's going on without intervening much because my knowledge is still quite limited!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Helle everyone,

I already have posted some messages and pictures here and there but didn’t even introduce myself in this topic, I hope you will forgive me?

My name is Marc, I’m 27 years old and live in the french speaking part of Switzerland.

I don’t really know why I have gotten more and more interested in clothing and shoes in the last few years because no one in my personal/professional environment really cares about this at all. I guess that I’m just genuinely interested in well crafted, timeless objects. It has all started with watches, furniture and design when I got my first apartment and now… well, I’m little by little trying to update my wardrobe with nice pieces of clothing that I like and that - hopefully - will last!

Since I don’t need to dress up for work, I can choose whatever type of clothes I like and I have to admit that it’s a lot of fun when you can pick anything from a casual shirt to chino and flannel trousers and don’t have to stick mainly/only to business suits and shirts.

I don’t think that I will add much more then that because I don’t want to get boring :) ! I’m looking forward to participate in the forum and wish everyone a great day!

Best,

MaE

Edit: I'll probably be most active on the Weston and Paraboot threads since I quite like these two brands, for everything else I'll probably mostly watch what's going on without intervening much because my knowledge is still quite limited!
Hello Marc, welcome aboard!

itsbk93

Reaction score
Bhargav, welcome to the forum.
Thank you Sinyo18. Excited for this.

I have pushed in my first thread for the new venture I am starting with. It would be a great help if you can share your valuable insights for the same.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Sinyo18. Excited for this.

I have pushed in my first thread for the new venture I am starting with. It would be a great help if you can share your valuable insights for the same.

Cheers!
Sure, I'd be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about handbags, totebags, etc.

itsbk93

Reaction score
Sure, I'd be happy to assist you. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about handbags, totebags, etc.
No worries. You can help me by sharing this with you Friends and Family, who you think can be of good help :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads