• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LET-CA

Reaction score
Greetings all! New to the group and interested to see what's out there. I own several pairs of Alden shoes/boots and love them. I get over to San Francisco frequently and usually stop by the Alden Shop on Sutter, but really enjoy following the offerings from LeatherSoul. All the best.

metroinoc

Reaction score
Just. Introducing myself. I love shopping for fashion bargains, especially in the high end luxury department. My favorite brands are Etro for shirts, Bally for shoes, and Diesel for my denim needs. I rarely pay full price for anything I buy. Getting married in a few short months, so I have a feeling that things may change up slightly on the high end stuff, but I have enough quality stuff to keep me stylish, and comfortable for a long time.

Southy11

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Michael and I'm in the process of learning how to dress in classic styles. I'm very traditional in my dress and feel the style and fashion has two different meanings. Style is classic and will last forever. Fashion trends come and go. I'm learning alot from this site and have started building a minimalist wardrobe with classic styles. I've learned that I've worn clothes to big. I just threw out (sent to Good Will) all the clothes that don't fit me. I started shopping at consignment stores for high quality clothes for discount prices. So far I've bought 10 shirts, 2 sweaters, 4 pairs of pants. I have some more work to do because I just learned that the pants I just bought are all too long. I'm in the process of getting them altered. I'm learning!

KiwiMtnClmbr

Reaction score
Greetings all:

Not new to reading the forum but thought it was about time I joined. I also frequent askandy's forums and am still trying to figure out what my style is or should be. I enjoy hunting the thrift shops nearby and spend way too much time looking at shoes I can't afford on the interwebs. I guess I got into all this a few years ago when I was getting married and decided to build myself a morning suit from vintage pieces. It's all been downhill since then...

angryber

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking for quite a while and finally decided to take the plunge and join. I love wearing suits and am working towards a job where I will be able to wear them daily.

MichDui

Reaction score
Hi ya

Just searched, found and joined today. I am a criminal defense attorney in Michigan. I wear suits everyday. In the past 10 months I have lost over 65 pounds. So now I need a new wardrobe. I like nice clothes!!! ;)

four

Reaction score
hi
i ve been lurking the forum for a while, spending good time reading and trying to learn about good quality clothes...

twinB928

Reaction score
Hi, newbie to site. Joined to buy japanese selvedge jeans. I'm 40+yrs old, married with 4 kids. Living in SoCal. Cleaning closet to sell items for later.

gdhnsch

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Guido and I'm a 32yrs old lawyer from Germany.
I've been following this forum for quite some time, so it was time to finally join the community.

Best wishes from Dusseldorf, Germany.

bill2112

Reaction score
Hi All!

I've read this forum from time to time, usually as a result of finding threads via Google search.

About me, I used to be very very into high-end men's clothing when I worked in sales in the 1990s and into the early 2000s, and still have that closet full of Oxxford, Brioni, Zegna, and one Savile Row bespoke piece. Then in 2003 I started an internet business and since then have rarely worn suits save for the occasional wedding or graduation.

Fast-forward to now: I've started another company specializing in lead generation for businesses, have recruited a sales team, and that has me out with them on appointments, going to networking events, and so on, so the need for good clothes is back! Sadly, with the exception of my Oxxfords, who seem to be the only maker to be very generous on extra fabric, most of my clothes that were purchased 12+ years ago cannot be let out any further to accommodate, my umm, "change" in physique :)

So I'm back! My interest now is strictly in custom suiting, although I may look into the made-to-measure offering from Oxxford Clothes since nothing gives me that feeling of luxury and power that putting on an Oxxford always has, not my one Savile Row piece, and not the new custom suits I've recently purchased locally.

I look forward to both learning and contributing here!

Bill

Moloch38

Reaction score
I finally found myself here after discovering style was very important to me, not as much as fashion. Although I wear Multicam daily and have very little need for civilian clothes I find that when I am out of the uniform I wish to make it count as much as possible. After years or buying "outfits" or individual pieces, I now want to build an actual wardrobe of style, substance, and quality though not necessarily quantity.

marno76

Reaction score
Hello everybody
My name is Martin, I'm from Italy, a lawyer, and I like traditional england style more than italian so-called fashion.
I am bit obssessed by shoes and never buy them online. I must wear and feel them.
I once bought out of exaltation a very expensive aviator leather jacket just to realize that it was much bigger than my size.
So be aware of clothes exaltation!

willwehner

Reaction score
I'm Will.

Basically, I'm tired of wasting money on split decisions at the mall. Time to get educated, shrug.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads