1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Zen-Sin

Zen-Sin New Member

Hey everyone. I've been lurking for a while and finally joined. Just an ordinary dude who likes to look good. That's all. :)

2. econtrario

econtrario Member

Greetings from Sweden. I've always been into fashion but is now leaning more towards style. Still a newbie in the area but learning and by that getting to know my own style. Not the suit type but love wearing a blazer or a sport coat. When not spending time and money on clothes I'm spending time at the gym.

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

I live in upstate NY and I started trying to dress like a grownup about 3 months ago. I've been slowly building my wardrobe and, with a lot of help from reading this site, especially the thrifting thread, I'm making good progress. I'm developing a personal style that includes a lot of sport coats, ties, and driving caps. It's all kind of new to me, but it's been fun.

4. thaddeusjames

thaddeusjames New Member

Hi there. I don't have any personal style. Yet.
    I build websites.
    I have a dirty mind.
    I spell like a beaver on crack.
    I am easily amused.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their contributions to the development and education of my wardrobe.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Stitches did you slip Fok a $100 to start this thread?

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

if only he was that cheap. :embar:

7. calcoast

calcoast Well-Known Member

Hello I'm Calcoast and Im from the California Coast. I thought I had a decent dresscode untill I started to read through these forums lol. This place seems cool with a great group of people and I hope to get lots of info and feedback on here...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  8. hermeshomme

hermeshomme Active Member

hey everyone, posting a big hello to everyone (not sure how many will read my thread)...so i'll keep it brief to reduce redundancy.

23, military guy here, just came back from an assignment overseas. i've really discovered the joys of wine in the last year, so i'm always looking for suggestions, tips, and how tos. i enjoy cooking, although i want to get a lot better at it (especially italian food). i love music, especially r&b, soul, and neosoul. i actually like to shop...but i hate blindly searching for something to wear.

i pretty much only wear jeans...i've gotten into the skinny jean crazy lately so a lot of naked and famous and even more trying to convince the italian tailors that he can turn those versace jeans into skinnies and i will not want to change them back in a year. i like gucci moccasins, but i'm looking to venture into other brands and styes. relatively polished casual rtw style (jeans and blazers). as my sn implies i'm a lover of hermes.

9. Ninja Sox

Ninja Sox Senior member

Hi all! New to SF and liked what I saw, signed up and here I am.

10. Karrar87

Karrar87 Active Member

Hello I'm Karrar i found this website looking for a Carol Christian Poell leather jacket worn by Orlando Bloom, i decided to create an account here cause i wanna learn how to dress myself better and maybe learn about good spots to buy clothes. Cheers!

11. Snoopy

Snoopy Senior member

Wasup guys my name is snoopy. I was a lurker for a few weeks and decided to join.

12. stew2938

stew2938 Member

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  13. HLow

HLow Senior member

Hi all!

Turning a quarter century this year and i'm starting a small little leathercrafting workshop in Singapore.

I'm intrigued with hand-stitching and i spend lots of time sewing. I would very much love to meet and know craft enthusiasts here as well as people interested in MTO products!

I'm always in either jeans or shorts with a very plain shirt, i would love to own bespoke shoes but that's out of the question for now. Have a girlfriend and i love her to bits, but in my country, it takes tonnes of $$$ to throw a wedding (ring, banquet, photoshoot etc.)

That's all for now, do ask me more questions (if anyone's interested that is)

Regards,
    HLow

14. GillyGils

GillyGils New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. Looking forward to getting some good fashion advice as well as giving some of my own [​IMG]

I'm 26, and from London. Enjoyed looking at the forum so far hence whilst joining!!!

Cheers,

Chris

15. the_good_life

the_good_life Member

I've bee lurking here occasionally for years and have now posted twice, so I gather it's time for a brief introduction. I'm a poor but honest :)D) academic, best described in the words of the late sociologist Pierre Bourdieu as belonging to the status group that has "too much taste for its money." I believe in hedonism and sustainability and find the principles meet best in a fine tweed suit you can pass on to your grandchildren (or buy vintage on ebay in excellent condition). I have a penchant for traditional British country style, which befits a historian, I suppose, with an occasional streak of dandyism - or perhaps its just eccentricity. I also like Single Malt, Riesling and other fine wines, Slow Food, the Victoria & Albert Museum and my favorite period in design ranges from Arts & Crafts through Jugendstil, Bauhaus and Art Déco. My major hobby horse is perfume, on which i occasionally blog. Due to time constraints I doubt I will be a very frequent poster here, but thanks for having me, and for providing such a wealth of knowledge.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  16. Kyle328is

Kyle328is Member

Oh jeez, I just saw this thread now...I had started a whole new one (http://www.styleforum.net/t/276619/just-call-me-the-fng) but I'll post a brief intro here, too.

My name is Kyle, 23, of Minneapolis. I'm a car guy, mostly European stuff since I own two. I'm dropping an M3 motor into my BMW 328is this winter and so before I can do that I'm doing a 100% complete rebuild so that it essentially has 0 miles on it when I turn the key in spring. Head and block will be getting decked and honed, all new gaskets, new misc parts (t-stat, pullys, belts, etc). Luckily I have a shop rented with a couple friends just south of the Twin Cities that we do all of our work in. It's not a professional shop, it's entierly for our benefit.

I also detail cars professionally...so you can say my interests are pretty much in one place. I've worked on cars all the way from Kias to Ferraris. I used to keep a list of every car I drove, but after a while it became too hard to keep track. But I know the number of individual cars I have driven spans well into the high four digits. So I know minute details about just about every car from the past decade. That would be a great skill if it only had a useful purpose haha.

But I also am a numismatisc (coin collector) and have been the go-to guy for coin apparaisal among many of the people I know. I also have recently taken an interest in how I dress. Hence why I joined here. Check out my thread and get to know me in too great of detail.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  17. TimNguyen

TimNguyen Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim Nguyen and i'm from Houston, Texas.

I pretty much joined this forum to help update my closet. So much to read.

18. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

hi guiaz!!!!

19. Tim Beasley

Tim Beasley Member

Hi guys,
    My name is Tim and I Manage a men's haberdashery in Boca Raton, Fl. Glad to see tailored clothing lovers like myself!!

Ciao,

Tim

20. LaPeeP

LaPeeP New Member

Hey, Been lurking for bit and officially joined to be part of the forum The Tailors Thread, and the Classifieds. Worked as a RTW pattern maker for over 20 years and did some lite tailoring in the past but the two of course are completely different.....Love the feedback on the TT. Appreciate the interesting topics here as well....