• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StoicMind

Reaction score
Hello Stoic!ind here, Im 17 and like to dress nice, looking forward to interacting with you guys.

Tsonjjd

Reaction score
Hi I'm in Tennessee, married with 2 young boys. I just started getting interested in better fitting clothes and found this forum.

MDM90

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Glad to be on board, I'll be mostly posting in the suits threads as a Made to Measure aficionado from New York.

MDM90

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Glad to be on board, I'll be mostly posting in the suits threads as a Made to Measure aficionado from New York.

zeek4life

Reaction score
HI I'm in the process of upgrading my wardrobe through thrift stores and estate sales. I hit thrift stores about 5 times a week and love it. My wife thinks I'm crazy but to find great pieces you have to grind.No more itchy fabric from Walmart and family dollar. I deserve better and still spend about the same. I look for Ralph Lauren, 7 for all mankind, Burberry and Giorgio Armani. My dream finds are Brioni, Tumbull & Asser, Canali and my man Yves Saint Laurent. Looking forward to chatting with everybody.

Pewpitar

Reaction score
Hi, my name's Cooper.
I'm still young. I attend a college prep school.
I wear pretty basic stuff mainly, looking to get out of the basics though and move on and find my style and not the reddit/mfa style of OCBD, dark jeans, CDB.

jselt53

Reaction score
Hi, I am jselt53, aka John. I'll be 59 in a couple of days. I am divorced with two children. I live in upstate NY, dress casual for work (psychologist) but like to dress up/hip when I go out and often get many spontaneous complements when out in saratoga springs. I follow A Suitable Wardrobe and wanted to follow another blog site or two. I mostly pay attention to GQ and try to emulate the looks on the cheap. I'd describe myself as someone who has way more shoes than I should, several tuxedos and associated odd jackets (to pair with jeans), colorful socks (none of which are worn during the warmer months), plenty of bow ties, ties and pocket squares (love the Tie Bar), sport coats, blazers, and cashmere sweaters. However, i am bit colored blind so putting it all together can be a challenge at times, especially when i get away from the basics. Nice to meet you all.

Wheel

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm pretty young,at 23, and have been lurking and reading a lot. Glad I jumped in here and made an account.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new in here and I thought it would be good to briefly introduce myself. My name is Armando, I'm 25 years old and I'm from Mexico.

I recently found this forum, cause I love wearing a suit or a sportcoat or blazer, I recently found the love to wear this kind of clothes. So a year ago I upgraded my complete wardrobe, back then, I only had one suit, a black Massimo Dutti 130's which I used for my prom.

I love fitness but this has become a big issue. I have a big back compared to my waist (42' - 30'). So when I bought all my new suits a lot of work had to be done. In fact my personal tailor is still wornking on some clothes. I think he has done a marvelous work considering the alterations the suits needs.

Now there is a lot of information in here that I wish I would knew back then when I bought my suits. Especially in this part: "Many highly priced brands (e.g. all but the highest quality Armani, Hugo Boss) sell fused jackets." from this article http://www.styleforum.net/a/what-kind-of-suit-should-i-buy. And that is because I bought all my suits without knowing what was a fused jacket of a full-canvased jacket. So I bought one Armani Collezioni, two Giorgio Armani, four Z Zegna suits and two Hugo Boss blazers, keeping in mind that I wasn't buying the top suits but at least some good quality suits and now to find out it is not, it's quite dissapointing.

But anyway I will open another thread to get the response on "What suits (brand) I should buy?" for later suit/jacket shopping.

Thanks, I will try to participate the most I can.

Kind regards!

tmkaplan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm TM. I've recently gotten interested in dressing well after a friend made some "helpful" comments to me. Bought my first pair of Allen Edmonds the other day and I've started shopping at Jcrew and some other nicer stores. I know how I want to look, i just can't afford it yet
rotflmao.gif

Hopefully this forum will take me to the next level

Nate Bateman

Reaction score
My name is Nathaniel, but everybody calls me Nate.
I am 22 years old and currently living in London, United Kingdom.
I hope to spend a great time here.
Thank you in advance for your welcome.

TheScuderia6

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been a follower of these forums for probably the last year. I usually just Google'd a question and it would always lead me back to here, so I figured it's time to join officially.

I'm 27 years old, living in western suburbs of Chicago and work in medicine. I've been really getting into proper formal attire, such as suiting and quality footwear for about the past 2 years.

I hope to to learn more about what is of true quality that will last me a good amount of wearing and time. And I hope to participate in discussions when I get the time, thanks!

nessa922

Reaction score
Hello!

I guess I wasn't very clever with my screen name...
I prefer to be addressed as Nessa; both here and personally.

I'm a Graphic Design student with a penchant for ogling the well-dressed. I hail from
Michigan,I love playing video games, and I'm usually into the fashion students' work
at my school rather than doing my own projects (sometimes).

The community here seems like a good bunch, and I'm excited to break away from
my old stomping grounds and forge some friendships here. I hope you'll find my
company just as refreshing!

Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads