• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clambake

Reaction score
Hi my name is Mike. I'm a banker looking for new suits and am tired of people saying finance people dress terribly.

I'm looking to change that, and hence why I'm here.

Easy E

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm Easy E. I live and work in Baton Rouge, La. I'm married with 2 children. I have been lurking for about 2 months and decided to create an account. Shoes (specifically boots) have become an obsession I never thought I would have. If you would have told me 6 months ago that I would even contemplate spending $400 on a pair of boots, I would've laughed in your face... that's a brand new Titleist driver. Now I feel like life is not complete without a pair of wingtip boots on my feet!

I'm looking forward to learning more from you all.

adsmith4

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm Drew and I just graduated from The University of Alabama. I'm 25 and I love style, mine or not. Avid sports fan and just generally active. Golf, mountain biking, crossfit, and drinking beer take up most of my spare time.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum..myself Nichola sliggins,from Garminge,Drenthe..I am very glad to be member of this forum.Quite interested in clothings and especially socks.Hope this forum is a great place for this.

Thanks

Temudjin

Reaction score
Greetings from Texas. I'm a family man with 2 kids. I also work in the energy industry selling commercial power in the Midwest and Northeast United States. Joined to get ideas on improving my wardrobe, and to see what looks good with a conceal and carry.
smile.gif

Rodney

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Rodney and I live in The Netherlands.
Men's clothing-wise, I'm mostly interested in shoes.

The most appealing shoes I currenly own are St. Crispin, John Lobb (Paris), Pierre Corthay, C&J and a growing 'stack' of Gaziano & Girling.

I've learned a lot already on this forum and found it time to actually join.

I hope I can contribute and learn more as well.

Rodney

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Is Rodney a common name in the Netherlands? I've always associated it with American (born circa 1960-1980) and English men.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Greetings from Texas.  I'm a family man with 2 kids. I also work in the energy industry selling commercial power in the Midwest and Northeast United States.  Joined to get ideas on improving my wardrobe, and to see what looks good with a conceal and carry.  :)

you are going to love the current events forum once you get access to it.

thevalz

Reaction score
i'm thevalz,

i've been lurking for a few months. i'm 20, going to graduate as an engineer soon, like clothes, and play rugby.

SandWigga

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a white-lookin Egyptian-American (feel the need to explain the username
smile.gif
), been bouncin around the Northeast US for a while (several years in Philadelphia and Boston, some time in NYC and just about everywhere in between, now in Vermont). My style can be flashy or muted, depending on what I choose to wear that day. Can look anywhere from an extra in GoodFellas to an extra in Romper Stomper to an extra in Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo depending on the day, so yeah, my tastes are varied. Came here mostly because I often know what I'm looking for in terms of clothes but don't know what brand makes what I'm looking for or where to find it, so figured this would be a good joint to investigate.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo folks. I'm a 26 year old Indian-American statistician who lives in the Denver, CO area. I joined SF late 2011 because I had gotten into fashion and wanted to completely update my wardrobe as I was now a working professional. Anyways, my style is a mixture of streetwear and trad/preppy. I'd love to wear trad men's suits every day, but I work in a very casual work setting, so I generally wear chino's, button down, casual dress shoes, and try to throw in some prep pieces. On here, I spend an equal amount of time in the swd and mc sections, and both have been incredible sources as I've nearly completed my overhaul of my wardrobe.

Last edited:

Rodney

Reaction score

Is Rodney a common name in the Netherlands? I've always associated it with American (born circa 1960-1980) and English men.

You are right, it's not a common name at all in The Netherlands, mostly England and US.

Last edited:

Bianco

Reaction score
Hello everyone. After a year or two of sifting through a lot of interesting threads on Styleforum for info. on brands, sizing help, and suggestions for where to get specific articles of clothing, I figured that it was time to finally join up. I am a doctoral candidate in Italian; my research is on postwar Italian film but I teach language mostly at the college level. I make an effort to dress nicely and I appreciate quality clothing. I would rather invest in things that I like and will be able to keep for a while than have a lot of clothes in my closet that I'm loath to wear (despite my very limited budget). I try to buy things that are made in the USA when I can. I wear raw denim jeans mostly with button downs and a good pair of shoes (my Oak Street trail oxfords and Quoddy Maliseets are current favorites). I rock a sport coat and tie from time to time and do enjoy dressing up when appropriate.

SandWigga

Reaction score
Hello everyone. After a year or two of sifting through a lot of interesting threads on Styleforum for info. on brands, sizing help, and suggestions for where to get specific articles of clothing, I figured that it was time to finally join up. I am a doctoral candidate in Italian; my research is on postwar Italian film but I teach language mostly at the college level. I make an effort to dress nicely and I appreciate quality clothing. I would rather invest in things that I like and will be able to keep for a while than have a lot of clothes in my closet that I'm loath to wear (despite my very limited budget). I try to buy things that are made in the USA when I can. I wear raw denim jeans mostly with button downs and a good pair of shoes (my Oak Street trail oxfords and Quoddy Maliseets are current favorites). I rock a sport coat and tie from time to time and do enjoy dressing up when appropriate.

Awesome. Yeah try to buy Made in the USA/union label products myself, though it's increasingly difficult today, especially on a limited budget. Do you like Gillo Pontecorvo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads