• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am Bhanu. Based in Australia but originally from Los Angeles. Have always been interested in menswear but getting into it a bit more over the last few years. Particularly given the shift from business suits to business casual. Still figuring that one out.
I like good comfortable broken in leather boots with a pair of comfortable jeans or chinos. Wear a lot of suits, sport coats for work.
Looking forward to learning here.
Thanks
Hi Bhanu, I’m based in Los Angeles and have many friends and family members in Australia.
Welcome to the forum!

AbsurdityPeddler

Reaction score
Hi Styleforum family! Middle-aged Brooklynite over here... I've just begun engaging with fashion and clothing in a deeper way over the past year and change. I've been a lover of aesthetic pursuits my whole life--film, music, wine; anything that engages the senses--but fashion always felt like an unclimbable hill, a Final Frontier of aesthetics I was intimidated to approach. Having retired from drinking last February, I began paying closer attention to not only what I put in my body but *on* my body, and it has been thrilling. In any aesthetic realm, I enjoy seeking out things that are a bit off the beaten track, and I value things that feel connected to actual human beings--that have lifeforce, personality, etc. I am much more tolerant of imperfections presented humanely than faceless, standardized flawlessness, but I do appreciate fanatical craftsmanship. And I'm finding this to be the case with clothing and fashion as well... I look forward to swimming around this forum and hopefully contributing when I feel I have something to offer!

p.nut

Reaction score
Well hello! Im what most people call a "traditional skinhead" and Im interested in mod, ivy league and skinhead fashion. Im acctually just here because of this huge "Mod to Suedehead" thread which is totally awesome.

Greetings from germany!

J.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well hello! Im what most people call a "traditional skinhead" and Im interested in mod, ivy league and skinhead fashion. Im acctually just here because of this huge "Mod to Suedehead" thread which is totally awesome.

Greetings from germany!

J.
Welcome!

HHS5

Reaction score
Hello—24 y.o. New Yorker studying his masters in Europe.

Typically wear Vineyard Vines and Brooks Brothers, but have been expanding into Vince and Johnstons of Elgin. I golf a lot in my spare time so most of my attire inclided polyester shirts. I’ve been getting more interested in learning about men’s fashion in my time in Europe.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Typically wear Vineyard Vines and Brooks Brothers, but have been expanding into Vince and Johnstons of Elgin. I golf a lot in my spare time so most of my attire inclided polyester shirts. I’ve been getting more interested in learning about men’s fashion in my time in Europe.
H

Hello HHS5, I too am originally from NYC. Europe, depending upon specifically where in Europe can be a great sartorial journey. Italian mens fashion, English mens fashion, German, Scandinavian all have their own heritage and can vary greatly.
Enjoy your time across ‘the pond’.
Welcome to the forum!

HHS5

Reaction score
H

Hello HHS5, I too am originally from NYC. Europe, depending upon specifically where in Europe can be a great sartorial journey. Italian mens fashion, English mens fashion, German, Scandinavian all have their own heritage and can vary greatly.
Enjoy your time across ‘the pond’.
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you!

I lean towards British and Italian fashion; however, there are some individual pieces from French men’s fashion that I like.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

I lean towards British and Italian fashion; however, there are some individual pieces from French men’s fashion that I like.
That’s great. Keep an open mind & most importantly don’t invest in random pieces. Think in terms of building a concise wardrobe where you can mix & match pieces within your ensemble.

HHS5

Reaction score
That’s great. Keep an open mind & most importantly don’t invest in random pieces. Think in terms of building a concise wardrobe where you can mix & match pieces within your ensemble.
Sorry for asking, but what makes it a bad idea to invest in random pieces? Do you mean don’t invest in pieces that might not stand the test of time? Or as in don’t invest in pieces that might jar with my usual style?

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for asking, but what makes it a bad idea to invest in random pieces? Do you mean don’t invest in pieces that might not stand the test of time? Or as in don’t invest in pieces that might jar with my usual style?
Think in terms of composition when beginning to build your wardrobe. As with any composition you can either create with similarity or contrast. Like a sculpture or a painting, etc. In this case if you build with contrast, meaning that very little works together as a whole then what you’re left with are individual pieces of clothing that were purchased randomly, spontaneously and not perceived of as constructing a sustainable wardrobe where a majority of your ensemble can be mixed and matched , creating balanced outfits from the pieces that you’ve acquired. Sure, it’s okay to occasionally purchase spontaneously without thinking of your entire ensemble. Nothing wrong with that. However, that shouldn’t be the norm. Eventually you’ll find your own individual style. This will happen gradually over time. Be patient and spend wisely. All great architecture begins with understanding how to build a strong foundation. I hope that you get my meaning here and I wish you well on your journey.

MONO-KROM_Gallery

Reaction score
Hey Fashion Enthusiasts,

I'm Chris from Germany. For many years, I've been a strong advocate of dark avant-garde and street fashion, with a penchant for dark, subtle, and hidden details. I'm also a supporter of great value and smaller labels because a big name isn't always necessary.

Let's talk about unique styles and quality together!

jeremy05

Reaction score
Hello - i'm Jeremy for Switzerland. I started in recent months to improve my style by getting into more classic outfits. I will share my soon to be received pants from berg&berg and nataliano, following some research on the forum.
Looking forward to the discussions.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Fashion Enthusiasts,

I'm Chris from Germany. For many years, I've been a strong advocate of dark avant-garde and street fashion, with a penchant for dark, subtle, and hidden details. I'm also a supporter of great value and smaller labels because a big name isn't always necessary.

Let's talk about unique styles and quality together!
Hello Chris, happy to have you here. Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello - i'm Jeremy for Switzerland. I started in recent months to improve my style by getting into more classic outfits. I will share my soon to be received pants from berg&berg and nataliano, following some research on the forum.
Looking forward to the discussions.
Hi Jeremy, Berg & Berg is a well respected brand. Welcome to the forum!

Buffetfiend

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I'm Buffetfiend. Late 20s based in the UK. Thought I'd join as I've been reading the forums style guides for ages and they're so useful. At the moment mostly spending my time sniping good ties off eBay. Drake's now a firm favourite but hoping to try other brands as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katywest335