1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RyanTS

RyanTS Member

Hello all! Been lurking for quite a while now and decided I needed to jump in here.

My name is Ryan Devens, 25, and I just recently moved to San Francisco from Nashville, TN to hop on board with local American-made retailer, Taylor Stitch.

Usually if you see me, I'm rocking some Billy Reid loafers, Imogene & Willie jeans, a Taylor Stitch button-down, a bow-tie that's too small, and my trusty Timex.

I believe that tweed is the only way to true enlightenment.

2. travelr

travelr Member

My name is Clifford and I'm into merchandising and ecommerce. Living in HK now but that could change whenever I guess.

3. kevinardente

kevinardente Member

Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate business student and live in Oklahoma. I hope to learn more about men's tailored clothing as I continue to browse this forum. Hopefully, this forum will serve to help me make the best decisions on buying clothing in the future.

Kevin

4. Anansi

Anansi Member

Hello Gentlemen.

I am an engineer from NY. I hope to learn more from the gurus during my stay here.

I like watches, specifically mechanical ones either Swiss or German made.

Cheers

-Vince

5. Sparkwasp

Sparkwasp New Member

Hello all
    my name is Spark from Bristol England..into Traditional Skinhead...Spirit of 69

6. Kels

Kels New Member

Salutations all,

I've lurked for some time on this forum, and after seeing how genuine the vibe is, I wanted to engage directly with the forum, whether it be through my own experiences with style, or learning something new from members. Hope everyone's Sunday is well.

Regards,

Kels

7. jadanf

jadanf Member

I've also perused the forum for quite some time, yet have not contributed.
    I get the opportunity to dress on both sides the casual/formal spectrum regularly with my profession so I enjoy quality denim as much as I do a suit, but I am particularly keen on accessories (watches, shoes, etc).

Jadanf

8. maxiho

maxiho New Member

Greetings to all,

Just join today. I do not indulged much in expensive clothes but am interested to dress nice on a tight budget.[​IMG]

Hope to learn a thing or two from you good folks.

9. stapos

stapos New Member

Joined few minutes ago, looking for information about style, yep rather style than fashion. My preffered style is business attire for work and smart casual for private use. Moreover I am deeply interested in using business/careers forum.

10. SonofSarpy

SonofSarpy New Member

Hi new member, from Hawaii living in New York. Been lurking here off and on for a few years. Nice to be here.
    As for my tastes clothingwise, I'm a firm believer in style > fashion.

-m

11. phond

phond New Member

They say you're the next logical step after r/mfa.
    I have started to develop a sense of fashion and now the Pandora's box is not to be closed again [​IMG]

12. LouisPurpleNYC

LouisPurpleNYC Member

Hi Everyone,

Longtime reader, new poster. Hope to have a great time with you clothing aficionados as the manager of Louis Purple, a french made to measure boutique in Soho. Looking forward to answering questions and be a part of the StyleForum Community.

13. Dynamik

Dynamik New Member

Hi, 30 year old from Toronto here. This forum has been excellent in helping unlearn some bad style norms and put me back to essentials of dress. I work for a bank downtown and I've put the knowlege to work - just bought 2 MTM Samuelsohns (grey and navy), plus two pair of AE shoes on a last week's trip from NYC (30% off sale), one brown pair whose monicker eludes me, and a pair of black park avenues. I've got a lot to learn in the denim/casual space and I'm looking for clothing that has value - versatile, long-lasting, and well fitting. My next bit of research will be in cufflinks and ties to accompany an insufficient roster of dress shirts that fit my uncommon dimensions: 15.5 neck, 37 sleeve.

14. Skip2MyJLou

Skip2MyJLou New Member

Hey all,

25, married grad student in Durham, NC. I am a fan of the bow tie have enjoyed the finer side of men's clothing since my girlfriend (now wife) converted me from free t-shirts and jeans to a more refined, and just better, look. I'm always looking to expand my wardrobe and am excited to search the forums. Bit overwhelmed by the mass of threads, but looking forward to the adventure.

15. pleco

pleco Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I'm 25, been doing some very hardcore lurking here. Looking to overhaul my look in all departments from smart casual clothing to suiting.

It started with a virgin wool blazer I got on holiday in Canada. The staff there convinced me it looked good on me and was a perfect fit. I had actually gone in to buy my first sport coat with a view to spend 1/3 of the price! Have since worn the hell out of that blazer and love it. Time to expand on that and get some sport coats.

I'm caught somewhere between 36R and 38R/S so finding a shirtmaker that suits me is proving to be a nightmare. May have to go MTM after all. Wish I'd known about ToJ before I blew £400 on a Ted Baker leather jacket! Ah well, live and learn.

I'm frequenting Bicester village to get a feel for what I like and what I don't. I prefer to pay for quality over labels (may be a contradiction with the Ted Baker jacket). Absolutely in love with Pal Zileri there. Perhaps it'd be a cool day out to go there with fellow SFers :).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  16. Reel

Reel New Member

I live in Chicago and have become familiar with styleforum after seeking out information about menswear and finding it here more often than not.

17. jasbanwait

jasbanwait New Member

Hi guys,

I may be one of very few women on this site! I love men's fashion and used own a company that specialized in custom tailored business suits. A few years later and I am back in the fashion space... so I am here to make new friends and perhaps get some feedback on my new company.. its travel inspired ensembles from around the world curated by your own local stylist. :)

If anyone is in a similar space or would like to connect please get in touch. :)

Jas - jas@seat14a.com

Thanks to the founders for this awesome forum.

18. Gent1900

Gent1900 New Member

Hi every one, I've been a long time lurking (3-4 yrs if my memory serves me correct) and finally I decided to join. I'm primarily interested in watches, shoes, high standards of living, architecture, and the finer things life has to offer. I am a student and rather mature for the ripe age of 22. I am local to DC, Raleigh, Chapel Hill, and Richmond.

19. AndrewN

AndrewN Active Member

Hi all,

I'm a college sophomore who's interested in improving his personal style and wardrobe. I first found the forum when searching for advice on my first quality footwear purchase, and have been coming back ever since.

20. laughtr

laughtr Active Member

HEY GUYS,

I'm Mouang Lee, from the U.S
    I dress casual and formal or I guess more modern, I'm always trying to learn fashion/style. I'm physically fit!